Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Sounds like you got a load off what we like to call the "bull spit". If you paid him as much money as I have payed mcmillian for a stock, then I think you owe the guy a stern call to him to get his schit inline. Regardless, don't let any of these guys jerk you around too bad.... It's a damn stock that they are producing for you and most likely producing for you after you have already given them a deposit. So they have your cash. Don't lay around like a lump on a log. Be proactive, and make sure you are getting exactly what you want

You'll shoot your eye out
GB1

P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
Praire goat, no but if I was in business I wouldn't mind them having customers contact me. Or have me contact them. I was not looking for personal info. I was looking for companies or professionals that use their product. Or, at the least the information I was seeking. If you read the email exchange I never asked for anyone's personal info. I asked if there was anywhere I could go look at their product. Like maybe Cabelas, Almans, or Scheel out of Eau Claire Wi.

Last edited by Pstores; 03/09/13.
P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
Mgw619, no he doesn't have any of my money.... I really had decided on one but was looking for more info first before the purchase. I can understand the what the other poster had to say.

P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
They just make it hard to buy thier product. I asked it they had other models besides the $900.00 one for a remington 700 cdl detachable magazine and I could hear the blank stare on the other end of the phone. Everyone that had a clue must have left early Friday.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by a10xrifle
Originally Posted by joelkdouglas
I agree that a Manners stock would be a nice stock. Here's why I got a McMillan Edge instead:

1. Manners SL with 90% carbon fiber fill is $593 on the Manners website, $543 at stockysstocks.com. McMillan cost here at the 'fire is $518 (granted, only until the end of the year).

2. Manners SL weight is 27-28 oz. McMillan Edge weight 22-23 oz.

3. Manners will paint your stock in standard mil colors, but no speckletone finish. Manners will paint your stock a camo finish (as compared to a standard fill McMillan with molded in camo). I don't want to tote my sporter around with a camo finish, so that consideration is moot.

So there you go--Manners is heavier and more expensive. That's why I ordered the McMillan Edge.

On a side note, I'll never waste my money on a McMillan standard fill ever again. Those McMillan Edge stocks are that nice.

Not sure who you talked to At Manners but the SL with 90% shell which is the only way they come is $495 + Shipping always has been.

Thanks for the correction. The website "Services/Price list" page now clearly spells out the prices also. http://mannersstocks.com/services-price-list/. So $495 plus $13 for 2 swivel studs installed, I think.

I really like the look of the new EH series also. I will look forward to seeing some EH3s with a barreled action in them!

IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Pstores
They just make it hard to buy thier product. I asked it they had other models besides the $900.00 one for a remington 700 cdl detachable magazine and I could hear the blank stare on the other end of the phone. Everyone that had a clue must have left early Friday.

I don't think the problem is on Manners end.

P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
So explian that? Who's end and why?

P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
I also asked which stock for a hinged floor plate BDL would be best for a carrying around rifle. Mountian Rifle style type. Light weight using a 42mm scope. Still no clue. See some models bring your cheek up higher than others. She had no idea which one would workout the best for a 42mm. I am sure someone their does. But, how do you get to that person. You call and leave voicemails with o call back. You send an email with the information they request and still never hear back from them. Maybe since I am just looking at spending $3000.00 I am just a small fry.

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I only spent $500 +and they were very helpful. Did you read the descriptions on each stock? To me it sounds like you want the SL.

P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
Not sure about the SL or the MCS EH line. Basically just needed to know which cheek piece is best with the 42mm scope. And what is the advantages and disadvantages between the SL line and the MCS EH line.

IC B3

P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
Oh and what they would recommend for what my criteria is.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Pstores
I also asked which stock for a hinged floor plate BDL would be best for a carrying around rifle. Mountian Rifle style type. Light weight using a 42mm scope. Still no clue. See some models bring your cheek up higher than others. She had no idea which one would workout the best for a 42mm. I am sure someone their does. But, how do you get to that person. You call and leave voicemails with o call back. You send an email with the information they request and still never hear back from them. Maybe since I am just looking at spending $3000.00 I am just a small fry.

My thoughts:
1. Read the descriptions of the individual stocks on the website. That should answer many of your questions.

2. Calm down. You emailed them Tuesday, don't hear back right away, and put a defamatory post about their customer service on the internet Friday? Manners is a good company, and will get back with you.

3. They may not have been able to decipher your writing. I'm no grammar Nazi, but your posts read like they were written by a 9 year old girl hopped up on Mountain Dew.

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
The EH-2 and 3 both say they have a little higher cheek for larger objective scopes.
http://mannersstocks.com/hunting/

P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
Pg I emailed them last week. Tom even apologized in getting back to me so late. I called Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. Tom emailed me Tuesday for additional info in which I gave him. So, why could he have anyone else return my calls? Gave up and try to talk to someone else at the company that could Not answer any questions. Even though I called during normal business hours. Know about my grammar most of it is because auto correct. I did Graduate form a good college with almost a 3.5. I can bet you didn't. I also hold multiple Dregees. I am not used to this IPad correcting things and making them incorrect. And did not read over it till later. I think I posted that after my post. I supposed I could have done an edit... But, was busy this week. So, not only you are an a@$, but you must have had issues with your mother from the sexest remark you made. If you have had any college level psychology you would know that people that make such remarks has maternal needs issues.

P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
Thank you SLM that was what I am looking at exactly. Those two or the SL. Anyway we will see if I hear from the this week. Otherwise I will just order the McMillans. Krieger has a 9 month wait on their barrels. And the Shilen will be alittle wait as will the lilja. But, the Shilen will be here first and that one needs a stock the most. So need to get it ordered. Thanks again for your suggestions.

P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
And btw I am calm... Nothing to get excited about.... Why would you think I am not calm. You can not read emotion into texts, emails, or blogs. Unless people use emoticons or capital letters in which I had not used either at all.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
You sound like a 9 year old girl on Mountain Dew because of the way you flit back and forth between multiple subjects in the same paragraph. Could also be a 9 year old boy, if you prefer.

Thanks for the Freshman Pysch diagnosis of my issues. I'll take it under advice and rush straight out to see my shrink.

If you really want to try a stock, call Manners and order one of their in-stock stocks, or www.stockystocks.com has SL stocks available as well.

Best thing to do is post less, read more. Quite a bit of the info you are looking for is available in this very thread.

P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
If I would offer up an idea of what your issues are. It would have to be Passive Aggressive Disorder. That is effected by not achieving Secure Attachment Status with the Maturnal Figure in your life. Compounded by LMS, Little Mans Syndrome. Thus leaving you with your severe insecurities and low self esteem. So, then you put others down while hiding behind a keyboard. But, as long as it makes you feel better and whole again, have at it.

And I did do alot of reading. But none offer up which cheek height is best for a 42mm scope. And if you read my emails I did offer to buy a couple to try out, if they could not provide me with a local business contact.

Last edited by Pstores; 03/10/13.
P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
I just figured after the emails and 4 calls and voicemails I would just order one Friday afternoon. I was going to order the EH but need just one piece of info to do so. That was which one would be best for a 42mm size scope on a Rem 700 sps with a #3 contour or .625. When I could not get that answered, i gave up on the order phase. Then I asked about my Remington 700 DBM's in .260. Still no info I gave up. Left my number as I did all last week. But, I have little confidence that they will call back. Well, there is always McMillan.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Can someone give me a mental health analysis too, please?

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

458 members (219DW, 17CalFan, 160user, 10gaugemag, 21, 01Foreman400, 40 invisible), 2,344 guests, and 1,080 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,509
Posts18,490,704
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.