OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

GB1

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Unbelievable......

"Screeners start at $15 per hour, and there is tons of overtime � mainly because they are filling in for the many screeners who don�t bother coming to work. For every 40 hours you work, you receive four hours of vacation and four hours of sick time."

"Let me say it as simply as I can: transparency and the rule of law will be the touchstones of this presidency."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have never been treated so poorly as we have been treated by TSA and Homeland Security when traveling internationally. I still find it hard to believe that a supposedly free people tolerates their fascist BS.

A government, to afford the needful protection and exercise proper care for the welfare of a people, must have homogeneity in its constituents.

-Jefferson Davis
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No suprises in that story. Sadly.

Sean
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Dogballs
Unbelievable......

"Screeners start at $15 per hour, and there is tons of overtime � mainly because they are filling in for the many screeners who don�t bother coming to work. For every 40 hours you work, you receive four hours of vacation and four hours of sick time."

Do the math. Factor in a modest amount of OT.

Three questions:
Anyone see a problem with that?
How many here have that kind of time-off?
Can you say "France"?

Steve

"I was a deerhunter long before I was a man." ~Gene Wensel's Come November (2000)
"A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." ~Theodore Roosevelt
IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
It was never designed to keep us safe. Its purpose was prisoner conditioning for the general public. They ultimately want our relationship with the state to be akin to that of prisoners in a minimum security penitentiary vis-a-vis the guards and warden.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by ColKlink
I have never been treated so poorly as we have been treated by TSA and Homeland Security when traveling internationally. I still find it hard to believe that a supposedly free people tolerates their fascist BS.
+1, and soon you won't be able to avoid them, as they are expanding their jurisdiction well beyond the airports.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R

While I won't argue the failure rate, whats the success rate? How many things do they detect and confiscate? You read of folks getting snagged with handguns or ammo they'd forgotten about all the time.....

But of course some folks also hate the fact that they are trying. While it may not nearly be as good as it could be.

Me, I"d personally rather be allowed to carry my handgun on the plane instead of the TSA lines.

But I will say this, while we only fly 1-2 times a year, I"ve NEVER been treated badly by a TSA employee. Every last one was friendly and nice. And I've never had a bad run in with them.

Of course the next time may be a bear.

The WORST I've EVER been treated was by US Customs at the border when we were coming BACK into the US from Alaska. Rude as all get out, no humor, nothing.
Of course I chat wiht border patrol at checkpoints coming out of Laredo a bit now and then and them, to the very last one, have been friendly and courteous.

I often suspect, that yes, there are a few bad ones, its also how you interact with them from the get go.

Same with my job. I'm an inspector and if you walk up and tell me I have no business doing my job and you won't follow the rules etc.... well we'll have a bit of a problem. With me, it will simply be you have a choice, follow or get a citation and stop work order, nothing personal mind you, but we have jobs to do.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Everyday Hunter
Unbelievable......

Do the math. Factor in a modest amount of OT.

Three questions:
Anyone see a problem with that?
How many here have that kind of time-off?
Can you say "France"?

Steve

Just so you know, that information is inaccurate.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
+1, and soon you won't be able to avoid them, as they are expanding their jurisdiction well beyond the airports.

Do you really fly? I would think that would be your worst nightmare.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Unbelievable......

Whoever wrote that article needs to check their "facts"...

Leave is accrued bi-weekly...starting Gov. employees receive 4 hours of annual and 4 hours of sick leave per pay period, not weekly (26 pay periods). That equals, if my math is correct, 104 hours of paid vacation a year. After 3 years of service, annual leave is bumped to 6 hours per pay period, or 156 hours per year. After 15 years of service it bumps to 8 hours of annual per period or 208 hours a year. Sick leave never increases, 4 hours per pay period, no matter length of service. Each employee is also only allowed to carry over 240 hours of annual per year...any annual beyond 240 hours is lost after Jan. 1, unpaid.

Also, all leave has got to be approved (sick and annual) by immediate supervisors and supervisors retain the right to not approve leave (both sick and annual). If leave abuses are seen, supervisors can, and should, research and correct the issue.

Carry on.

Last edited by BuzzH; 03/10/13.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

I have a serious question about this.

If I wanted to start an airline (we'll call it "GFA") and I had all my customers sign a waiver and simply did not have security. None. My airline, my passengers, everybody is on the same page. We simply don't give a [bleep]. Armed guards are on every flight, they'll handle whatever happens.

Could somebody do this legally?

Travis

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I spent over a year building an airport, with top security clearance.

Consequently, I do NOT feel safe while flying.

That being said, it's not all on the TSA either.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
It was never designed to keep us safe. Its purpose was prisoner conditioning for the general public. They ultimately want our relationship with the state to be akin to that of prisoners in a minimum security penitentiary vis-a-vis the guards and warden.

You're a [bleep] loon.

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by BrotherBart

You're a [bleep] loon.
I suppose, if I were, I wouldn't know it, so there would be little point in my disputing the assertion, but why do you believe my statement above is incorrect?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I fly in and out of Newark alot, so this one went straight to my facebook. grin

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
It was done because the Bush Administration was under tremendous pressure to stop future terrorists from boarding planes.
For you to claim anything else is idiotic.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by BrotherBart
It was done because the Bush Administration was under tremendous pressure to stop future terrorists from boarding planes.
For you to claim anything else is idiotic.
I'm not so sure it's nearly as cut and dry as you depict it.

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I'm not so sure it's nearly as cut and dry as you depict it.

Bullshitt... You are a Monday morning quarterback. And the worst thing is that you actually believe ALL of your own nuttiness.
Let me clue you in on something that we all know,except you.
You are an inept little man that shouldn't be allowed to own a computer. Everything you post is crap. EVERYTHING!
I hope the truth hurts.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna

I was treated MUCH worse by security in Turkey, than I have ever been in America by TSA folks. The dang turks held me at machine gun point, while they yelled at me in some foreign language! That was for just having a little pocket knife.

Sam......

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

546 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 1Longbow, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 57 invisible), 3,378 guests, and 1,232 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,740
Posts18,535,381
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.