Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Actually, in the ghetto culture, the first thing they do with a puppy Pitbull (especially if they're involved in drug dealing, but even absent that factor) is to set about "making them mean." They have a whole procedure ...

Train them mean and breed the ones that pick it up. Exactly the same way that other breeds were given their own characteristic behaviors.

Mean is what a large portion of the pit blood line is now. Some of them aren't. Some of them are meaner.

It's not worth finding out by someone losing an arm.

GB1

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by deflave
I had a pit. Great dog. Until he wasn't.

Then I Glocked that [bleep].

Travis

Is that what you're calling your microweiner these days? smile

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Jeffrey
Someone asked why pits aren't used as bomb dogs and the like. I know pits are used as service dogs for a few things, but I have never seen a lousier nose on a dog than what my pup exhibits. She marks very well though. smile
My current Pit mix has a pretty amazing nose. She likes to sleep in the front yard, and I often step out the back door to attend to my hens. She knows by merely sniffing the air that I've stepped out back (and no, not because I stink grin), and comes running into the back yard to greet me with a toy in her mouth. I know it's by scent because a few times I've stepped out, than changed my mind and went back in, then looked out the front living room window to see her sound asleep, but within a few seconds, once the scent had a chance to get to the front yard, she'd suddenly wake up, put her nose high into the air to sniff, then grab a toy and dart into the back yard thinking I'm back there.

PS This is my current Pit mix.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by deflave
I had a pit. Great dog. Until he wasn't.

Then I Glocked that [bleep].

Travis

Is that what you're calling your microweiner these days? smile

It's not a laughing matter. I get emotionally attached very easily.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I'd say you could always go out and buy a new one, but I don't think the medical community has mastered the art of the dik transplant yet. You're screwed buddy.

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by aspade
Actually, in the ghetto culture, the first thing they do with a puppy Pitbull (especially if they're involved in drug dealing, but even absent that factor) is to set about "making them mean." They have a whole procedure ...

Train them mean and breed the ones that pick it up. Exactly the same way that other breeds were given their own characteristic behaviors.

Mean is what a large portion of the pit blood line is now. Some of them aren't. Some of them are meaner.

It's little challenge at all to achieve "meanness" with a breed that has any natural spunk like the vast majority of Pitbulls do. Possessing said training-potential and being mean by nature are two completely different things, however. Most pits are bred for fighting ability, not for native "meanness." It's no trick making any of them mean, using the method I outlined. No selection process is needed. People have, in fact, been doing precisely what I outlined for thousands of years.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Someone asked why pits aren't used as bomb dogs and the like. I know pits are used as service dogs for a few things, but I have never seen a lousier nose on a dog than what my pup exhibits. She marks very well though. smile
My current Pit mix has a pretty amazing nose. She likes to sleep in the front yard, and I often step out the back door to attend to my hens. She knows by merely sniffing the air that I've stepped out back (and no, not because I stink grin), and comes running into the back yard to greet me with a toy in her mouth. I know it's by scent because a few times I've stepped out, than changed my mind and went back in, then looked out the front living room window to see her sound asleep, but within a few seconds, once the scent had a chance to get to the front yard, she'd suddenly wake up, put her nose high into the air to sniff, then grab a toy and dart into the back yard thinking I'm back there.

PS This is my current Pit mix.

[Linked Image]

That's a good lookin puppa.

I could never get out the back door without Penny hearing it. I trained her from the time she was a little pup to come to me tapping on the glass. Aside from her tracking and spotting things very well, she can also hear a mouse fart two blocks away.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by aspade

It's little challenge at all to achieve "meanness" with a breed that has any natural spunk like the vast majority of Pitbulls do. Possessing said training-potential and being mean by nature are two completely different things, however. Most pits are bred for fighting ability, not for native "meanness." It's no trick making any of them mean, using the method I outlined. No selection process is needed. People have, in fact, been doing precisely what I outlined for thousands of years.

I'm not so sure that "most" pits are bread for fighting but I could be wrong. I would just be suprised if dog fighting is that prevailant in America today.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Gosh, I had one for 15 years and never had a mintues trouble with him. I raised him to be a good boy, and that he was. You haters can eat schitt. If I want to own one I will. The conversation here reminds me of the anti-gun discussions that I have been apart of in the past. Lots of misunderstanding and ignorance regarding the breed. Is it really the breed that is a problem, or is it some of the filth that happens to own these dogs? Come on guys, this should be obvoius. Like any of you, I am somewhat cautious when a see one on the loose that I am not acquainted with. I have never had one act aggressively toward me. I have one in the back yard right now that I rescued on the way home from a Friends of NRA banquet that I am a committe member of. We are testing her temperment, and doing some training with her. She will be featured on the Balanced Trainers web site soon.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
TRH,any idea what your dog is mixed with? She looks pretty pity except for the large ears. How heavy is she? Mine is 60 lbs and was the runt. Her brothers and sister are closer to 75-80.

IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I'd say you could always go out and buy a new one, but I don't think the medical community has mastered the art of the dik transplant yet. You're screwed buddy.

Damnit. I was hoping you'd believe that line of bullschit. grin

Happy St. Patty's Day and GFY.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

I'm not so sure that "most" pits are bread for fighting but I could be wrong. I would just be suprised if dog fighting is that prevailant in America today.

You are [bleep] high.

Travis

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
These threads are always funny as hell.

My dog is so awesome. You guys suck. You just don't understand. blah [bleep] blah

I vote they should use pits as a test medium for bullet performance.

MAGA
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

I should have said that most pits bred for function are bred for fighting ability, whether that's been tested against wild boar or other dogs. Many not bred for function are randomly bred to each other, or based on a certain look that the breeder is looking to achieve.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I guess I need to get out more.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
These threads are always funny as hell.

My dog is so awesome. You guys suck. You just don't understand. blah [bleep] blah

I vote they should use pits as a test medium for bullet performance.

I agree.

Obviously...

Travis

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Gotcha. There are a lot of pits bread for grabbing hogs, no doubt. I would like to get into that, but I could never send a dog I cared about to grab a large pig, and I wouldn't own a dog that I didn't care for.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
TRH,any idea what your dog is mixed with? She looks pretty pity except for the large ears. How heavy is she? Mine is 60 lbs and was the runt. Her brothers and sister are closer to 75-80.
She's about 55 pounds and just shy of three years old. No idea what she's mixed with, or if she's a pure Pitbull. I just assumed she wasn't pure because of the ears. I adopted her from the shelter when she was about seventeen months old.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by djs
Kinda like a ghetto mom saying "He was such a good boy." about her 17 year old drug dealing son killed in a shootout with police.
u work for AFFAC...u nailed it!

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

I don't think anyone is disputing the physical potential of a pit bull, if that is what you're getting at. I just think that it is ignorant to generalize the entire breed as uncontrollable man eaters. I used to have a fear for the breed myself, until I actualy spent some time around a few. I have seen good pits and bad. One looks at the owners is usually all it takes to get a good idea of any dogs demeanor. Pits can make some very good family dogs. If you don't like pits, don't get one. If you have a dog running through your property and you want to shoot it, that's your poragative.

How do I teach my 5 year old to tell the difference if one gets lose and he's out playing in the yard?

Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

620 members (1eyedmule, 10Glocks, 007FJ, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 69 invisible), 16,666 guests, and 1,040 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,185
Posts18,543,300
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.