Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Wife hasn't mentioned any problems at all. They are all there and in order from what I hear.

She said yep a few changes but nothing big and easy enough to figure out and keep on rolling.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Oops shoudl have said we pay for upgraded service.. that may be the difference.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Bingo, we have a winner......

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I have multiple albums set up. I lable them by date, such as "2012 Second Half". That way, none of them have more than a couple of hundred pictures. Finding a particular picture is fairly quick.
I actually like some of the features of the new version better. One, is a simple mouse click copies the picture for pasting elsewhere. The old version, I had to highlight the link and click copy.
I have had some frustration with the new version, when it locks up, or just stops functioning though. That mostly seems to happen when uploading.

Sam......

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I just got this response from photobucket.

Thank you for your feedback.
We're happy to announce that, due to your suggestions, we will be eliminating infinite scroll and re-introducing page views. This feature is already available for a portion of our users. As we gather feedback on its functionality, we'll gradually roll out this function to more and more people, eventually releasing it to all users.
Again, thank you for your ideas and suggestions! Please visit our help article on Feature Updates to keep up to date on any additional changes!

This is really my only problem with the new photobucket.

Something clever here.

IC B2

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Just tried the new configuration.

Clicked on the "Library" tab up top, there appeared a familiar list of albums. Opened one at random to test, opened a single image from it at random to test. There it was, with URL to cut and paste.

[Linked Image]

Seems to work fine.

Birdwatcher

If you have more than 50 pictures stored, it isn't so easy. It can take several hours to open your library to view or copy any of those pictures. Since the new format, I haven't gotten more than halfway through the library, and while the pictures are trying to download in your computer, it slows your whole computer down. It still sucks, free or not...

Not any longer, there are pages on the bottom and you can go through it page by page, just as before.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
An honest question:

Why do we need to use Photo Bucket to post pictures on here? This is the only site I frequent that requires a 3rd party web site to be used to post pictures. All the other ones just let you browse your files and click on the one you want to post. I know this would make things MUCH easier than it is now. I don't post many pictures on here because it's a PITA.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
With the iPhone photobucket app is easier to use than the new web version.

Ted
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by reelman
An honest question:

Why do we need to use Photo Bucket to post pictures on here? This is the only site I frequent that requires a 3rd party web site to be used to post pictures. All the other ones just let you browse your files and click on the one you want to post. I know this would make things MUCH easier than it is now. I don't post many pictures on here because it's a PITA.

You can do that on the 'Fire also, but there is a size limit. Click File Manager and go from there.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
So I get the email telling me "good news, you helped us with your suggestion to go back to page views rather than infinite scroll... blahh, blah, so on so forth..."

But I guess I'm not included in the group of photobucket members that have been blessed with the new page view, because mine is still infinite scroll..... ho-hum.

crazy

Something clever here.

IC B3

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I have the page view. Did you clear out cookies and log on again?

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I'll give r a shot....

Something clever here.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Nope, no page view for me....

Mayhaps I could have done without the F-bomb when articulating my expressive verbiage for my thoughts on the new format?

Naw, it's probably something else.....

Something clever here.

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Photobucket really screwed up.

They no longer have the drop-down menu appear when you place the cursor over the image. Now you have to locate (and identify, amidst numerous other tiny icons) the correct icon and open a menu! Just to get a link to post the image!

What kind of ineptitude does that take?

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by pal
Photobucket really screwed up.

They no longer have the drop-down menu appear when you place the cursor over the image. Now you have to locate (and identify, amidst numerous other tiny icons) the correct icon and open a menu! Just to get a link to post the image!

What kind of ineptitude does that take?

I can honestly say I have no idea what you are talking about.

Click a picture to full size it. On the right click link options. Click Img code/direct or whatever makes you happy and click the block next to Turn on Easy Linking mode.

This [bleep] ain't difficult folks.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Inclined to agree.

I would have to be dead to be more technologically challenged and I figured out the new PB without too much trouble...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I opened the new, said WTF and then started clicking [bleep] till I got it all figured out. You ain't gonna break it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Nope, no page view for me....

Mayhaps I could have done without the F-bomb when articulating my expressive verbiage for my thoughts on the new format?

Naw, it's probably something else.....

No page view here either. I've only got about 600 images in there, but it would be a bear to try to get to an image in the middle of the "library". It took me maybe few minutes to find a given image previously, jumping around from page to page. It froze up on me several times in the 5 minutes I tinkered with it earlier. Not changed for the better, that's my opinion at this moment.

Now with even more aplomb
pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steelhead
...I can honestly say I have no idea what you are talking about.

Then quit acting like you have all the answers.

Previously, posting an image from Photobucket required ONE click on the IMG code.

Now you have to:

a) click on the image to enlarge it
b) locate and click on the icon for "share to other services"
c) click on the image link.

If you still have no idea what I'm talking about...

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
No you don't [bleep]. Follow the directions I stated above and IMG code is ALWAYS there for ALL pictures.

There is an IMG code for ALL of my pics without enlarging each one. You only need to enlarge one ONCE and then you can change the link options.

Sweet Jesus, where do all the dumpphucks come from.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

534 members (12344mag, 2500HD, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 1234, 66 invisible), 2,803 guests, and 1,150 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,315
Posts18,487,306
Members73,968
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.