Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Went to check a couple cams on some of our food plots and both had been stolen. I found the guys boot tracks, size 14, and followed them to where he parked on the neighboring hunting club. He walked about a mile into our property, even crossed a big creek. Takes a sorry SOB to steal.

I figured it would happen at some point, but got by for many years without having one stolen. Sad thing is it was a couple of my better BTCs, wish it would have been some of my cheap WGIs.

GB1

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Yeah...thieves are scum of the earth. I gotta ask anyway if this person walked a mile and was able to find your trail cam...did you leave tracks in the snow or something? Since it lead to a hunt club do you know these guys? If so do you have any plans to go talk to the hunt club members and let them know you tracked their footprints back to their property. This will get them questioning their own members. Generally I find that folks that own hunt clubs are guys that can afford to chip in hundreds to hunt so they tend to respect neighbors but that is not always the case I know.

R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Valad,

It's a pretty sandy area and we had just had rain a few days prior, so I was able to follow his boot tracks fairly easy. The guy parked on the Hunting Club and walked in on a gas line through a pine thicket, you can't even see our plots unless you get off the main roads. We have signs, gates, etc, but he went right on in like he owned the place. I'm a member of the club as well because it surrounds one side of our family land, but with 9k acres and 80 members, it will be hard to find out who it is. We have a big turnover in that club every year and it's nearly impossible to meet each one. I let the president and the local Sheriff's deputy know about it, but there isn't anything they could do(I realized that, just wanted them to know). We have trouble with some of the members hunting our line every year during turkey season as our property has better turkey habitat. They'll slip through the pine thickets and put decoys right on the property line, but I feel they poach as well. I'll see them once in a while glassing our place from the line, but nothing I can do as I haven't actually caught anyone tresspassing, just see their tracks a few times a year. Can't be too many folks with feet that big, so I intend to keep a lookout in that area when I'm around. I'm sure there were turkey pictures on those cams(they hang out there year round), so he'll probably be back trying to poach one.

Have a good one,

loder

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I near understood how a POS could steal from another hunter.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
i hate to hear it,

hope u get it back somehow

If you cant hang'em on the wall
Hang'em between your teeth!!!
IC B2

C
CBB Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
Sorry about the loss.. its a pisses me off. We had a cam a ground blind and a memory card from a cam stolen this season. Never had any issues til this year. Really sucks when opening day rolls around and you take your 9yr old son out before daylight only to realize the blind was stolen.. [bleep]..

Hunt...
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
When you find him be carrying a big stick. Sounds like a big bastard

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sad to say, some of the worst jealousy displayed in the world is that of a deer hunter. Not all of course, but the rotten really give the sport and each other a bad name.

Karma will get that SOB. I've not lost a camera but I've lost a number of treestands. And one poor soul was disassembling one of mine when I walked up. wink

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
I had my Jeep stolen from my shop a few weeks ago. I bought it from JPro right here on the fire back in 2011. Good thing is I found out who dunnit. I have not fit it back and prob never will. My boys were crushed. All I can say is everything you do has a price. I will collect.

Joseph
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
What did they do with the jeep? LEO can't help?

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
IC B3

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
OP get a good, small black light 60 ft unit and put it to cover where the sucker crossed the creek. I woul also put a cheap one where he got the good one from, and have another good black light unit watching it, or his egress, route to it.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
No confession from the dsmf, just good video, and a snitch.

Joseph
I'd find his treestand and pinch a loaf off in it!

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure." - Thomas Jefferson
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by huntsonora
When you find him be carrying a big stick. Sounds like a big bastard
Yeah size 14 boot, maybe lucky you didn't catch him unless you have a couple of guys with you.
good luck

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I wear a size 14, but it wasn't me. Haven't stepped foot in LA in about 5 years. Hate it for you though. Where we were hunting at C. AR, theives got so bad this past deer season, that they cut down the power lines to the barn, and the old house that used to be on the property to steal the copper. My cousin was telling me about it, said they took a chainsaw to both power poles to get them down. Sad thing, they could have gone about 100 yards from where the house was, and taken a spool of copper that was thrown out years ago in the dump area. Plenty of other scrap metal in that area as well, guess they didn't want to clean up the place for us though.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Sorry about your loss. There are thieves everywhere.

Several years ago (in Central OR) a fellow I know had his whole Elk camp stolen while he was gone for a few days. Tent, Stove, Kitchen, Tools, Coolers etc ...all gone.

He never replaced anything --- just said the heck with it.

Last edited by LarryfromBend; 03/19/13.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Beside murderers and rapists, I can't think of anything I despise more than a thief. Leeches, ticks and rats have more honor.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If you can do it, what eyeball suggested can work. Caught a turkey poacher a couple of years on property he should not have been on. Passed the word to him, as well as a copy of his picture, saying that this time it was free next time it was going to the Game Warden. He hasn't been back.

If you can find out where the guy deer hunts, hiding a few cheap wind up alarm clocks around his stand, all set to go off at different times, can make for a fun opening day. Don't forget to leave at least one set for the afternoon hunt incase he thinks it has settled down by then and decides to hunt in the afternoon. grin

Harry
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
predominantly drug users, and welfare rats, but our county has little police protection since they have lost O&C timber money, which they enjoyed for over 50 yrs.

Thieves are braking into houses with people home.. if a home suffers a robbery, the local Sheriff's Office will only file a report as a courtesy. so you can have one to give to your insurance company.

even anti gun people are buying guns due to all the break ins.

Women are getting assaulted down town like never before...

cops are arresting the same guys Monday Wednesday and Friday, as they are not booked into jails as they have no funding to maintain it.

DUI's are let go if they are under 2 times the legal limit of alcohol... so being a drunk driver is safe from prosecution...

wife beaters are free, as they claim not to have the man power to respond to domestic disputes..

people are buying guns, but can't get any ammo for them...

stealing trail cams sadly would be small potatoes...

they start having some of these druggies found dead on forest service land, I wouldn't be shedding a tear...

one of the three women in my wife's office right now at the hospital is taking all this time off right now, trying to get her 21 yr old son into rehab, as he has been guilty of all of this theft stuff.. living in his car, sleeping during the day, getting strung out on heroine at night, robbing stuff to get more drug money...

he's been arrested and released 4 or 5 times in the last 30 days... county won't spend the money to prosecute him...

we can track this crap to the democrats, and the white house.. "criminals have rights! legalize drugs! etc etc etc..."

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
I had several portable treestands stolen back in the 90's so I quit hunting from stands altogether. I've killed more deer and had more fun doing it since so it was a blessing. Thank the Lord I don't have any need for gamecams, feeders or food plots to be consistently successful or I'm sure some "hunter" would steal those too. Deer hunters in general are some of the lowest, most dishonest, selfish scumbags on earth.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

561 members (10ring1, 1_deuce, 160user, 10gaugeman, 222Sako, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 67 invisible), 3,736 guests, and 1,119 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,580
Posts18,532,251
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.