Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by saddlesore
I support the CO boycott,but I live here.ThatF&S article is skewed. First off,CO is the dumping ground ...

Guys whine about the number of hunters,but then whine when they can't get tags in other state. Can't have it both ways.CO makes no bones about it that they manage elk for quantity rather than quality. ...

Elk hunting is what you make it.

I'm no big fan of the CO CPW, bt if you know what you are doing,you can kill an elk every year in CO. It's just that 10% of the hunters kill 90% of the elk. I don't have problems killing an elk every year.Some years it's a bull,some it's a cow

Agreed. I live here as well and support a Colorado boycott 100%. And not just for hunters but for anyone for any activity.

Nine months ago our governor said new laws weren't the right answer. Now he is in the pocket of Bloomberg and other money men because he is looking for a place on the national stage.

Stay out and keep you money out. Move your conventions out, move your gun related and other industries out. My wife and I thought we might retire here but that is looking doubtful. Hello, Wyoming or Texas or Utah...

As to the elk hunting, Colorado has large numbers. As Saddlesore says, a small percentage of hunters take most of the elk and do so year after year. Since 2000 I've been fortunate to take 10 elk, 3 bulls and 7 cows. As long as the freezer is full, I'm happy.

The trick to success in Colorado is to learn the elk habits in the area you hunt and to get into and stay in the field. Many �hunters� drink themselves stupid at night and can barely function during the day, many never get where the elk are and don't stay there when they do. (Gotta get back to camp for lunch or dinner or drinks or...) Others spend their time hunting areas where there are no or very few elk (BTDT) or tramp around bypassing elk in pockets of trees or other prime areas because they are too lazy to investigate or pushing the elk out ahead of them with their constant chatter and noise and/or odor.

Back to the boycott, to all non-residents I ask that you PLEASE take your elk hunting and vacationing and other dollars elsewhere and send a note to our governor letting him know why.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Ahhhhhhh, dayum! It's going to be a great summer and even better hunting seasons now that everyone is going to be somewhere else. I may even draw those great tags with a few less points this year. Gotta love it when a plan comes together....

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by CreekWarrior
Ahhhhhhh, dayum! It's going to be a great summer and even better hunting seasons now that everyone is going to be somewhere else. I may even draw those great tags with a few less points this year. Gotta love it when a plan comes together....

laugh laugh laugh

I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave....
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Yes it is going to hurt hunting ,game management, and all those small towns that depend on hunter dollars. However it has been demonstrated many times that change is only brought on by getting into peoples pockets.

So you encourage the boycott of like minded constitutionalists here in Colorado. These "small towns" are predominately conservative and on our side and you think that by hitting these folks in the pocket book it's going to HELP us? Wtf?

You want to boycott CO then boycott Denver, Boulder and other areas thick with liberals. Boycott anything liberal and stand beside and support those with conservative values.

You have these liberals stealing from Peter to give to Paul and by doing this the liberals can always count on Paul's vote and you guys thing that boycotting Peter is the answer. I wish people wouldn't get so emotional. Use your heads and be strategic and we can win this thing. Boycotting hunting and shunning your fellow conservatives in need is exactly what the liberal [bleep] want you to do

S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
Problem being is that it has been shown that those conservatives were relatively light in them getting out to vote in the last election. It's going to take some amount of effort to have that reversed in 2014.

People display a lot of apathy until it affects them directly. BTDT

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
More of this stuff posted on the wires this morning. Not sure if the reporters really look into the issue, or if they even care, so long as it makes for juicy controversy.

Am I the only one who finds humor in the big fuss the media is making of Outdoor Channel supposedly leaving Colorado, yet Outdoor Channel shareholders agreed with management and voted to be bought out by a group based in Colorado?

Maybe I am not looking at it corrrectly, but if groups are so upset with Colorado to the point that they are leading the push for a boycott of the state, why would they not make mention of being bought out by a company from Colorado and the probability that that buyout will strengthen their connections to Colorado?

Let me get this straight...... Some in the media are advocating that we should all boycott hunting in Colorado this fall, hurting the many small businesses who rely on hunting and hunters. Yet, when they could make a big statement to one of the biggest financial enterprises in all of Colorado, these same groups in outdoor media say nothing when one of their own does just the opposite of what they are asking us to do.

Surely I am missing something. Help me out on this one.

BTW, Not a chance I am going to boycott the West Slope folks because of some fools on the Front Range. I will be there hunting this fall, spending my money with these small businesses.

Others may choose to do differntly; their right to do so. Personally, I don't kick my friends in the crotch for the actions of my enemies. Rather, I support my friends and find ways to kick back at the enemy.

Carry on .......

My name is Randy Newberg and I approved this post. What is written is my opinion, and my opinion only.

"Hunt when you can. You're gonna run out of health before you run out of money."
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I am with huntsonora on this.

I'm through buying tickets for sporting events or concerts, etc. in the metro area, or really any commerce from those geographic and marketing segments.

I'm not going to boycott the hunting/shooting industry, and I'm too heavilly vested for that to be practical for me. It would hurt my neighbors and friends.

I do lend about $1000 to the CPW each year to collect preference points for some species that I will probably never draw anyway. Hopefully I can help send a message by cutting back on some of that meaningless application submission.

Last edited by Alamosa; 03/28/13.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BigFin

BTW, Not a chance I am going to boycott the West Slope folks because of some fools on the Front Range. I will be there hunting this fall, spending my money with these small businesses.

Others may choose to do differntly; their right to do so. Personally, I don't kick my friends in the crotch for the actions of my enemies. Rather, I support my friends and find ways to kick back at the enemy.

Carry on .......

Finally! Another voice of reason! Thank you!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Everyone is angry and mad right now and rightly so. I get that because I am angry too. But boycotting hunting/fishing/shooting or anything related will only hurt us and our communities. C'mon people! The anti's want this type of action to further push their agenda and weaken us. They only laugh at us when they see this stuff because they know that this will further rot out the core of who were are and what we stand for. It's a win/win for them - they got the new laws and we cut and ran.....

Alamosa, Bighorn, huntsonora, and BigFin are right, let's do a boycott that actually hurts the leftist. Stop spending money in the theaters, the Denver Post, anything that the commies value and use against us. The list could be unlimited in the way in which we can fight back with our wallets. So let's start a list of business/state government to boycott and hit them where it hurts THEM! But let's not hurt my family who lives on the Western Slope, or my friends in Walden who run the Conoco station. These people are just like us in every way and to think that they didn't vote in the last election is foolish to say or even believe.

Come here and spend your money for a tag - money that goes directly back into managing our wonderful wildlife opportunities we have here. Spend your money wisely when you get here by frequenting small business's. You know who these people are - it ain't rocket science. And before you come here, write Chickenpooper a letter stating your views. Tell him when you come through, you're driving past the State Capital and honking to let them all know how you feel. That it was someone who just drove past, honked and who stood for the Constitution!

We need to do what the anti's do, band together and make ourselves heard LOUD AND F'ING CLEAR!. Boycotting hunting & fishing is cutting and running from the problem and I know we have too many good people who are not that way. So come here, stop by my house and let's tell some tales and then we can begin banding together to win.

This is the only way we can fight back and take our rights and country back.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Maybe your boycott will help me draw my LE tag, unit 61. I am one of those who kills an elk pretty much every year. It doesn't bother me that 80% of people can't find one standing next to their truck.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Colorado would be sweet if we could make a big strip running down the Front Range secede and GFThemselves.

S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by Tanner
Colorado would be sweet if we could make a big strip running down the Front Range secede and GFThemselves.

Maybe you ought to do some research and find out some facts first. Sheriff Terry Maketa an all those who voted for him is on the front range in Colorado Springs. He and his supporters were the most out spoken about these anti gun laws,and most of the protestors at the state capitol were front range residents. Those very people are the ones who are going to be instrumental in changing the votes come 2014. Best watch who you tell to GFY.

Stating that everyone should boycott the front range businesses is like scratching a pimple on an elphant's butt.You might think you are doing something, but the elephant can't even feel it.Same with boycotting these businesses. Although I am all for it, footbal games, basketball games,sking, arts,theaters, etc all are mostly attended by younger generations and yuppies that have no interest in hunting or firearms and they are not going to participate. Impact would be miniscule.

BTW, They did not get my $750+ this year for use for a couple of months for sheep,goat or moose draws. That was after 15+ years of putting in for them.

Last edited by saddlesore; 03/28/13.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
SaddleSore, that statement was in jest...

I agree that the impact of a boycott will be minuscule, and that's kind of why the thought of it leaves me scratching my head.

S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
OK Sorry,I'm a little touchy about all this.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Tanner
SaddleSore, that statement was in jest...

I agree that the impact of a boycott will be minuscule, and that's kind of why the thought of it leaves me scratching my head.

Well, I hate to see the mom & pop stores and the outfitters get hurt by something that's beyond their control. But as a resident DIY public land hunter, I agree with all the out-of-staters who think a boycott is a good idea.

Nothing personal.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
OK Sorry,I'm a little touchy about all this.
No worries, I don't think anybody could blame a guy for being passionate about his home-state...

smoke, I think it'll be interesting this year to see if the out of state Boycotts can be observed at all, being local DIY'ers. Our local pharmacy will definitely see a decrease in tag, ammo, and supply sales....

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Boycotting CO is like kicking your buddy in the nuts because your mutual adversary banged your buddy's girlfriend.

Wanted: Vintage Remington or Winchester hats, patches, shirts. PM me if you have something.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Another aspect of a boycott is loss of income to the DOW. Hunting is the income for all of the DOW, even fishing. No monies there to manage, they then need to get tax dollars, which then leads into the political arena, and you know how that worked for spring bear hunting.

The sign of this is when Parks merged with DOW, Parks is chiefly funded by tax dollars and lottery funds which are controlled by legislative process.This then becomes a backdoor way of allowing special interest groups to try to manage DOW doctrines.

No fear, no doubt, all in, balls out.

"America"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Everyone is angry and mad right now and rightly so. I get that because I am angry too. But boycotting hunting/fishing/shooting or anything related will only hurt us and our communities. C'mon people! The anti's want this type of action to further push their agenda and weaken us. They only laugh at us when they see this stuff because they know that this will further rot out the core of who were are and what we stand for. It's a win/win for them - they got the new laws and we cut and ran.....

Alamosa, Bighorn, huntsonora, and BigFin are right, let's do a boycott that actually hurts the leftist. Stop spending money in the theaters, the Denver Post, anything that the commies value and use against us. The list could be unlimited in the way in which we can fight back with our wallets. So let's start a list of business/state government to boycott and hit them where it hurts THEM! But let's not hurt my family who lives on the Western Slope, or my friends in Walden who run the Conoco station. These people are just like us in every way and to think that they didn't vote in the last election is foolish to say or even believe.

Come here and spend your money for a tag - money that goes directly back into managing our wonderful wildlife opportunities we have here. Spend your money wisely when you get here by frequenting small business's. You know who these people are - it ain't rocket science. And before you come here, write Chickenpooper a letter stating your views. Tell him when you come through, you're driving past the State Capital and honking to let them all know how you feel. That it was someone who just drove past, honked and who stood for the Constitution!

We need to do what the anti's do, band together and make ourselves heard LOUD AND F'ING CLEAR!. Boycotting hunting & fishing is cutting and running from the problem and I know we have too many good people who are not that way. So come here, stop by my house and let's tell some tales and then we can begin banding together to win.

This is the only way we can fight back and take our rights and country back.

I am liking my odds to draw this year, thank you boycott!

When its time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to get on Noah's Arc... and brother, it is starting to rain!

The chair is against the wall.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

I save the Min PP data every year, so I'll be interesting to see if all this talk turns "point creep" into "point sleep" tired

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

589 members (16penny, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 22250rem, 12344mag, 1Longbow, 62 invisible), 2,580 guests, and 1,344 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,575
Posts18,491,995
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.