Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
see it here often:

some cowboy with stars in his eyes moves to Nashville, meets some milf trailer park queen from Alabama while he's playing fill-in bass on weekends at the bluebird cafe, gets 5 acres , a double-wide jim walter home and a dodge dually. Thinks it's "cool" to get 3 worthless not even halter-broke hayburners and a couple of goats.

Then the bitch leaves cause of his drinkin gets out of hand after he loses his 8-5 managing job at Hardees for fondling the 17 y.o. fry girl without her grandpa's consent.

next thing you know,
there's the concerned neighbors on Fox17 news whining about how you can see all 147 ribs on each equine and the goats are eating their marigolds.

so the sheriff's dept has to take the animals because "Doo-Wayne" has moved back to Wyoming and didn't even bother to at least turn em out so they could feast on the green grass in the median of I-40.

It's a weekly event here on the evening news, they seem to always find some other bleeding heart that wants to adopt them.

I have been around horses since I was 3 years old, Mother had horses most of her full life and a mini-storage unit full of awards, hangers with ribbons, trophies.

Don't think I'd ever be persuaded to partake, just because I've owned some that I regarded more than some people. I wouldn't object to anyone else wanting to venture there, heck I've also had a few that I would've willingly sent to the Alpo cannery with an evil grin. Same I guess if you want to go to the animal shelter and fatten up some Great Pyrenees right? Meat's meat- I just don't dig dog, cat, horse. Just a social stigma.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The idea of federal land is what is ruining the land.

Ignorance is not confined to uneducated people.

WHO IS
JOHN GALT?

LIBERTY!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Horse............ It's what's for dinner.

Up until the mid-20th century or a little later, armies on the march managed not to starve because they were able to eat the horses that became battle casualties.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Federal land is ruining what???? If it wasn't federal land it would have long ago become part of some rich city prick's "ranch" that he visits a few times a year. I wish there was more federal land.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I couldn't like them any less when they're dead. Fire up the Q.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
IC B2

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Wild horses should be managed like other wildlife-seasons, limits, and all. I've not had horse, but I'd sure try it.

There's a couple good jokes in here, about riding vs eating, but I'd best not go there.... smile

If some western writers are to be believed some of the Indians - Apaches mostly -seemed to have a practical view of horse use- ride the heck out of them to get a head start until they falter, then stop and eat 'em, and then take off running on foot. They didn't often get caught doing it that way, either.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Several years ago when the price of hay went out the roof, people were turning their horses loose in the desert because they couldn't afford to feed them. So that's better than butchering them? Horse slaughter laws are idiotic.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
The last few sales I went to the big worn out draft horses couldn't even draw a bid from the killers. The pricing must be so low thats its not cost effective to load them up and ship them to Canada. A few slaughter plants scattered across the country would be good for the horse industry.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Hellsfire....we've slaughtered 52 million children.....why not friggin horses???

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
horses ain't nothing special.

Sam......

IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
[b][color:#3333FF]Horse slaughter legislation[/color][/b] passed the OK Senate today and is expected to be signed by the Gov. soon.

Turned into a pretty big fight at the capital with the Humane Society getting into the fray.

I'm not crazy about horses for food, but I guess they are livestock after-all. The economic downturn combined with the drought of the last couple years led a lot of SOB's to abandon their animals and hope nobody calls the Sheriff. I see news stories all the time about it.

I guess now there will be an industry for used horses, plus it seems silly to send horses off to Mexico to be slaughtered. Must be a few jobs in that business..

What's your thoughts.?
Makes me hungry for a quarterhorse-pounder with cheese..

I heard they're so good, that the common request is, "I'll Have Another"...

A new lunchtime special - perfectly cooked Preakness steaks..

I got a million of 'em... laugh laugh

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
It's the result of the biggest victory the radical animal rights bunch has had so far, led by Velma Bronn Johnston, aka Wild Horse Annie. Hollywood didn't help a bit, as usual. Marilyn Monroe & Clark Gable made the movie The Misfits with plenty of horse rights crap in it.

― George Orwell

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Would not be the 1st time guys eat something they like to ride.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by cal74
Horse market really crashed when they closed down the slaughter plants.

Good Horses still bring plenty of money, but you can't give most of them away and most of those just go on to suffer and starve to death. But the tree-huggers would rather them starve or suffer then the alternative.

No more need be said. That sums up the situation exactly.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The trouble with horses is people or maybe vice versa.
There are generally two types of people concerning horses. Those that view them as tools and livestock used for work and profit. There are an increassingly small number of this type due to the nature of agriculture. These folks view horses as if they are good ones for filling the bill keep them and grow fond of them if they aren't get rid of them however. Slaugher is just one more good option.

The other type people view the hores as some sort of lesser nobility and as pets. Play toys. Noble steeds and sofourth an so on. Unfortunately I have found that this class of people contains twice as many horsesasses as horses. They can not bear the though of anybody teating a hors any less than their boneheaded and deluded thought that it is more just an amimal.

Useless animals need to be disposed of however humanely possible. Starvation ain't humane.

Last edited by Boggy Creek Ranger; 03/28/13. Reason: droped a word
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Horse owners will breed them as needed. However, they can't realize that wild horses will breed at will whether more horses are needed or not. If a mare can reproduce herself 10 times in her lifetime, that's a lot more horses.

― George Orwell

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Willie Nelson was in the middle of this farce
lets not forget.
Our turned out herd of nags and wore out farm and early outfitter
pack ponies, all of a sudden became a historic herd of "wild horses" when the bleeding hearts moved here.
Nothing more than a reproducing herd of turned out nags.
Now the bleeding hearts are trying to designate a "wild horse range."
Restrict use of the area to "protect" these "iconic" NAGS.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
If we aren't supposed to eat horses, why are they made of meat???

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
About a year ago, killer horses would only bring about 20 cents a pound, and the buyers weren't interested in the "starving" type that have been turned loose by irresponsible owners.

The killer market historically has established a base price for horses.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Anybody who knows horses knows it's kinder to kill than watch
them do poorly, and it doesn't cost a bit more to feed good ones
than the kind of plugs that run feral on gov't range. Let the French eat all they want.
As a boy, was once in May-hee-co with grandpa, who made the
miss-steak of ordering a "steak" in a diner full of mostly touristas like us. He worked at a couple bites, then turned up his volume and said, "Don't nobody holler, 'WHOA', we'll all
choke to death!"

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

591 members (12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 1234, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 10Glocks, 62 invisible), 2,131 guests, and 1,243 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,767
Posts18,495,681
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.