Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by HugAJackass
How many National Guardsmen refused to participate in disarming Louisiana residents after Katrina?

I was there. Lots. That was squelched in a hurry. Nice try...
Did their refusal to participate prevent the National Guard operation from being carried out?

Yes. It stopped it. Soldiers stood up and said that this was an unlawful order and pushed the fact. It wasn't a mass operation, TRH.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I don't think it would be that black and white. Would probably start with a lot of different groups. The populace would have to pick sides. Everything would be confusing in my opinion.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Yes. It stopped it. Soldiers stood up and said that this was an unlawful order and pushed the fact. It wasn't a mass operation, TRH.
But it happened. I saw the news footage.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I would shoot any American traitor that ordered me to shoot citizens. However, I am not in that position any longer but would still be happy to shoot a traitor.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
laugh

Think about your statement a bit, bud.

The news just told me that Adam Lanza had a shotgun stuffed in his glove compartment that held 35 rounds...

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by nathanial
I would shoot any American traitor that ordered me to shoot citizens. However, I am not in that position any longer but would still be happy to shoot a traitor.

EXACTLY!

And the vast majority of our military share that same sentiment.

Turdlike, by default.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
laugh

The news just told me that Adam Lanza had a shotgun stuffed in his glove compartment that held 35 rounds...
So you're saying that the deployed National Guardsmen interviewed by the news team were actors?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Gentlemen;
Flapping your jaws in this topic is a great way to paint a cross hair on your forehead. On this sort of topic keep in mind the ancient Scottish wisdom "Never pass up a chance to shut up!'

Jim

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by arkypete
Gentlemen;
Flapping your jaws in this topic is a great way to paint a cross hair on your forehead. On this sort of topic keep in mind the ancient Scottish wisdom "Never pass up a chance to shut up!'

Jim

LOL, they tell me there not gonna come after us and I tell them I believe them, so who's the wiser?

Gunner

Trump Won!
rte Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Communist Goals

26. Present homosexuality and degeneracy as normal.
27. Discredit the Bible.
28. Eliminate prayer in the schools.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/1561529/posts
IC B3

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Wish I had volume, I'd like to hear that video.

Gunner

Trump Won!
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Hoyt
I don't think it would be that black and white. Would probably start with a lot of different groups. The populace would have to pick sides. Everything would be confusing in my opinion.

Bingo!!!!

There will never be a direct assault on citizens in general as such where they aren't painted as extremists.Remember Waco,were not the Dividians American citizens.The objective will be to wage against one of the survivalists groups or similar where the outcome will be so frightening as to change public opinion and change the constitution.

Just imagine the outcome if the Dividians had set off a small WMD.The outcry would be enough to send military into any target deemed necessary.Then proving the threat of these gun holding groups,severe background checks and limitations would be placed on all gun owners thus eliminating any threat to government power.Don't think our government won't sacrifice some of it's own to achieve goals.

R
Redneck Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
R
Gentlemen;

Jim
laugh laugh laugh

Originally Posted by gunner500
Gentlemen;

Jim

LOL, they tell me there not gonna come after us and I tell them I believe them, so who's the wiser?

Gunner
laugh laugh laugh

Wonder if anyone here remembers Mai Lai? That was illegal too..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Historically US troops have fired on US civilians, there are many examples of this.

Federal troops have been used to break up strikers. US Army troops opened fire on rioters in NY during the draft riots of the Civil War.

Douglas MacArthur ordered infantry and cavalry to break up the Veterans March on Washington in 1932 - troops rousted WWI veterans and burned their camps, this is a case of troops firing on former troops.

National Guard troops have fired on looters in riots.

The War Between the States is an extreme example but technically that counts as troops firing on Americans. In this case Southern troops fired on Northern troops first, troops they considered "invaders" - but still it was Americans shooting at Americans.

I don't think US soldiers would start shooting indiscriminately at people (although Kent State could count as an instance of that) and I would guess that there were always some who balked at the idea, but history has shown that US soldiers will readily open fire on American citizens if given cause such as being told that the people they are shooting are criminals or traitors of some sort.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
R
Redneck Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
R
Not according to HAJ... Can't happen..

'Course, most of us know better.. smile

As to 'crosshairs' on our foreheads? Heck, I've had one of those for years and wear it with pride.. laugh laugh

Good post Jim.. Thanks..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Guys, calm down, the alphabet agencies are not going to wage war on the majority of the American people until AFTER they disarm us.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Redneck
Not according to HAJ... Can't happen..

'Course, most of us know better.. smile

As to 'crosshairs' on our foreheads? Heck, I've had one of those for years and wear it with pride.. laugh laugh

Good post Jim.. Thanks..

Lee, stop being so disingenuous...

Every instance that Jim discussed was under conditions that I already established as within the realm of a lawful order. Local riots and Looting is well within the confines of using the military. That's Constitutional. Furthermore, each of the situations mentioned were prior to the military really being training in, or having the technology for, nonlethal crowd control.

The lone exception is the Kent State incident and look at the public, political, and military fall out that happened as a result.

What Alex Jones and his ilk are suggesting is a prolonged full scale war on American Citizens by the Military and the Agencies. I don't know how many times I have to say it for it to sink in, but THAT won't ever happen. With the exception of secession.

Even with secession, my point is made clear. How many members of the military defected and used their equipment and training to support the cause?

Could another Civil War happen in America? Yes, without question, but I assure you, the military will handle the military. Soldiers will using their training and equipment to fight soldiers who seek to subjugate American's.

The military isn't brain dead zombies waiting to follow any order given. There is example after example of the military refusing to follow unlawful orders in Iraq, Afghanistan and here at home.

I haven't argued most of the points that you have brought up. I have argued Alex Jone's points. Why you want to make this personal with insults and underhanded comments is beyond me, and frankly beneath you.

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by heavywalker
Guys, calm down, the alphabet agencies are not going to wage war on the majority of the American people until AFTER they disarm us.

finally, some calm, rational thinking. When we no longer have guns, we won't be able to fight back, saving countless lives. Right?

Sam......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
laugh

So you're saying that the deployed National Guardsmen interviewed by the news team were actors?

Don't be ridiculous.

Turdlike, by default.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I would expect UN troops shooting at me long before American troops.

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

476 members (12344mag, 16penny, 1Longbow, 01Foreman400, 160user, 163bc, 47 invisible), 1,801 guests, and 1,063 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,869
Posts18,497,497
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.