Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1,324 of 2,579 1 2 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 2578 2579
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
My wife and Daughter are allergic to bees also,and like you if one is around they are basket cases.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Dad was deathly allergic to bee and wasp stings. I am immune. I find them somewhat more annoying that 'skeeters and slap them firmly when they land on me.

Was taking off on a training flight one day at Ft. Rucker and the wind vent on the H-13 was open due to the balmy Alabama weather. Great big assed Hornet bounced off the wing vent and went down the front of my flight suit.

My student got all excited and tried to...I dunno what he thought he was doing, but he was sort of like swatting at my flight suit. Maybe he thought since I was flying and we were close to the ground he was in charge of hornet swatting? I dunno.

I sorta quick like propped the collective (power/rpm) with my left knee, grabbed the cyclic (control stick) in my left hand and punched him up side the helmet smartly and told him "At Ease!" over the intercom.

Upzipped my suit, the hornet buzzed out and I turned the stick over to God for a moment whilst squashing the chitt out of the hornet with both hands. Out the window with the carcass, and on with the mission.

I don't know if that kid survived the war or not. He didn't seem to have the right disposition for it.

There is no defense better than a solid offense. BE OFFENSIVE!

BD

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
PS: Whoever posed for that photo, their eye was anesthetized. NO ONE can do that otherwise without blinking. It is an uncontrollable reflex.

I had a small wasp crawl into my left ear canal once. Noisy little phouck...........

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Got into a tangle with hornets when I was 12. The body shots weren't bad, but the one right between the eyes sucked. Both eyes were swollen shut for about 24 hours. Wasn't much fun...

I enjoy handguns and I really like shotguns,...but I love rifles!
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
You were one cool customer with that hornet in your flight suit.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
he handles ants in his pants with equal applomb.....

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by elkhunternm

One can dance with the Devil and get away with it now and again. Even if she has good attorneys.

I am..........disturbed.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
[Linked Image]

I am..........disturbed.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
[Linked Image]

grin

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DanAdair
Originally Posted by MojoHand
Originally Posted by DanAdair
Mojohand...

Thanks [bleep] frown

I've spent about 3 hours looking at Bark River Knives website.

I think I need a grooved Northstar and a Little Creek. A2 I can get along with. I'm not a big fan of super steels or D2.

What works for you sharpening your A2 Barkies? Crock sticks?

Sorry to post an actual question, from a person wanting information on this thread. I'll GFM since this was done in very poor taste. My bad frown

Ace,

Barkies can be really addictive, beware! You use a leather strop to keep them sharpened. Pretty easy to get the hang of. Most Bark River sites carry them but I bought this one which sits up higher and is a lot nicer..

Strops

[Linked Image]

Knivesshipfree is the biggest dealer and I and my buddy have used them and DLT Trading and The Knife Connection. All have great service. If you buy from KSF, you get points worth money toward your next purchase.

That Little Creek is a KICK ASS knife for being so tiny. They have a link to a great field test on that at KSF or TKC, I believe.

I have an ENZO Scandi grind in 01 and one in D2...

Both can get pretty sharp but the D2 is definitely chippy...especially with the Thin Scandi edge. The super steels are just that but definitely more of a pain to sharpen. I can promise you won't be disappointed with BRK's A2...really a great steel.

Being that you're a junkie... Lets say a guy was going to buy a Barkie for taking apart Elk and Mulies in the hills. Likely boning them out, and putting them in a backpack. I like a drop point (Randalls clip points is why I pass them up) I'm not too geeked out on what various grinds will do and not do better. I do know that I've put dozens of deer in the freezer with Scandi ground Frost and Mora knives over the years...

I really like my Benchmade Snody Activator, except the D2 pisses me the [bleep] off.

Again.... I apologize for seeking useful knowledge on this thread, an schitt...

Dan,

Seriously consider the Gunny or Fox River. I like the handle on the Gunny much better. The Fox River is just a tad short feeling for me.

Go to YouTube and search "virtuovice". He's a Japanese dude and shoots scores of stag every year due to their prevalence and general lack of hunting. He's really into good hunting knives and has made numerous vids of various Bark Rivers and others and shows himself using them in the field to bone out the stag. He's easily got a couple grand or more in BR's. Quite informative...

He's a real nut for the Gunny. He also has a lot of sharpening advice on his vids, plus, he's pretty funny to watch ('hewo, knife people'!).

Post a pic of what you decide on. I'm with you on the D2...mine is used around the kitchen and that's it...

Here's one vid on the Gunny in S35V stainless super steel. He actually likes the A2 versions better...

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ingwe
Count on it...Ive had BAD experiences with those things, and Im allergic to them to boot...

Put me in a phone booth with a couple rattlesnakes, Im golden...put me in a gymnasium with one hornet and Im a basket case....

I'd be the opposite...kinda. Snakes don't bother me too much, especially the non venomous...live and let live (to eat bugs). I rarely see rattlers but given sufficient warning I can tolerate them as they usually leave well enough alone. Bees/wasps/hornets I leave alone and they return the favor...my friends start flailing and going nuts and wonder why they're the ones who get stung... smile

[bleep] spiders on the other hand... eek

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Originally Posted by elkhunternm

One can dance with the Devil and get away with it now and again. Even if she has good attorneys.

smile

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Good evening gentlemen.

And them that don't lay claim to that title.

Been helping fledave with his wedding plans. PITA

Can't wait to dip my wick into a midget.

MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Evening, Gruff. It's been a while. Make sure to maximize your midget machinations to make up for doin' Fledave's dirty work...

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I try and keep up, but damn you [bleep] put up a lot of pages!

I've been saving my seed for a week. Gonna drown one. Or three.

Such a happy day it's going to be, for EVERYBODY!

MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hey, [bleep].
Long time no type.
Hope all is well.

Flava promised me a fresh fatty at the festivities.
Got one roped?

Have Dog

Will Travel

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
All is wondrous.
Perftct time of year, no skeeters, warming up, unprephukingdictable weather. Love it!

Yeah, but she was talking in Cree so I don't know WTF she was saying.

MAGA
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yes, it is warming up. Gonna be a muddy mess next week but nobody is complaining!

Should be a decent creek flood tonight(which is just fine too). Warm as [bleep] today(50F), snow really shrunk up.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

Yeah, but she was talking in Cree so I don't know WTF she was saying.

Sounds perfect.

Cree can nibble hide into the softest buckskin ever. For-skin is cake.
I am Golden.
My Johnson and I are going to tag team the drive and "it".
Thanks.

Have Dog

Will Travel

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Barkies are pretty okay, but my favorite user has been this old Effingham era Blackjack Trailguide. Took my last elk apart with it and didn't need anything but a touchup on the strop afterwards.

[img:left][Linked Image][/img]

Page 1,324 of 2,579 1 2 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 2578 2579

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

102 members (6mmbrfan, 35, 35WhelenNut, 7mm_Loco, 673, 264mag, 16 invisible), 969 guests, and 930 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,977
Posts18,519,890
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.