“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by DINK
Originally Posted by MIVHNTR
Originally Posted by George_in_SD

Toyota trucks are much more American than most 'domestic' vehicles. Look at where the truck is assembled and where the parts come from.
Not to mention they flat out make a better product. No ifs ands or buts about it.

What a load of BS. Obviously you don't know that the money from your purchase goes overseas and adds to the trade deficit.

Better product? Again, what a king sized load of BS. The toyota is just a grocery getting, mall shopping, POS wanna be excuse for a truck.

LMAO....you must build those piece of chit GM's.

Dink

You must buy into the toyota BS and own one.

It's no wonder that toyota sells trucks to some people. Obviously they can't even read, nor can they comprehend anything. Typical. LOL!

The Second Amendment isn't about Hunting. It's about Freedom.

FJB Let's Go Brandon
pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
...It's no wonder that toyota sells trucks to some people. Obviously they can't even read, nor can they comprehend anything...

A very persuasive argument. crazy

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
I have owned five GM trucks since 2002 (all bought new). All had issues under 50k and most under 30k miles but they were out of warranty because they were older than three years. They also had multiple problems while under warranty.

My Dad was always a GM man so after owning a couple of Fords I too become a GM man.

After the 2005 crew cab I said [bleep] it and bought my wife a new Toyota Highlander. So far I have had to change the oil and put gas in it. After my parents seen this they also bought a new Highlander last year. After my good old truck threw a transfer case at 75,304 miles I bought a new Tundra. Did I mention my sister also bought a Highlander because she was tired of GM/ford bullchit.

My entire family went from owning GM's to Toyota in two years.

So tell me again what am I buying into? Oh yeah, quality, dependability and great resale.

Dink

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If it was up to me and with what you need I'd get an f150 with the 6.5 foot box. You can get the tundra with the longer box and the double cab, but then the cab is small or else you can get the tundra with the short box and the MaxCrew cab. The chevy has a small cab period.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The cab of the double cab Tundra or the Chevy is not even comparable to the Ford. The MaxCrew Tundra has a very nice sized cab, but you only have the option of getting the short box.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

So tell me again what am I buying into? Oh yeah, quality, dependability and great resale.

Dink

Precisely.

The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment. � WARREN G. BENNIS
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by walt501
Originally Posted by Savage_99
We will not buy or own a Japanese made car or truck.

I will not give permission to use my land to a driver of such a vehicle nor give work to a contractor.

The Japanese started WW2, killed millions of innocent woman, children and our solders. They take the profits from sales of goods here and do the engineering.

There is shame and no pride in owning a Japanese made product and that includes guns.

Why do you show such bigotry towards the Japanese and their products? So much so that you treat those that use them differently.

How many Detroit vehicles are sold in Japan each year? Answer - around 7,000, while the Japanese auto makers sell hundreds of thousands of vehicles here in the U.S. Now THAT'S BIGOTRY!

Maybe they're just too smart to spend their hard earned money on overpriced UAW [bleep] stuffed full of legacy costs.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Toyota trucks are much more American than most 'domestic' vehicles. Look at where the truck is assembled and where the parts come from.
Not to mention they flat out make a better product. No ifs ands or buts about it.

What a load of BS. Obviously you don't know that the money from your purchase goes overseas and adds to the trade deficit.

Better product? Again, what a king sized load of BS. The toyota is just a grocery getting, mall shopping, POS wanna be excuse for a truck.

LMAO....you must build those piece of chit GM's.

Dink

You must buy into the toyota BS and own one.

It's no wonder that toyota sells trucks to some people. Obviously they can't even read, nor can they comprehend anything. Typical. LOL!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just got back from a day in Minot. The dealer I bought my Tundra from was supposed to fix the faulty gas gauge. Got a call from them after a couple of hours and they told me there was nothing wrong with it! It has a 26.5 gallon tank and the gauge reads half a tank after burning 8 gallons of gas. At empty it has burned 16 gallons, it then sits on empty until the low fuel light comes on. I told them the gas guage on my [bleep] lawn mower works better than that and they got all smug and acted like I didn't know what I was talking about. The chick at the service desk asked if I'd ever owned a pickup before - they go through a lot more gas. [bleep] morons!!!

IC B3

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
I would say fug the 'Yote and the Chebbie (GMC). Get a Mopar.

Been driving my 97 Dodge ten years now...220,000+ miles. I did replace the engine last year since I had the $$$ at the time. The old one was still going but it did have a puff of smoke at start up...figured a new engine wouldn't hurt since I will probably drive the thing another ten years or so (I like to keep cars a long time).

I'm sure they're all good, but I've been driving Mopar for so long, can't bring myself to buy anything else.

You see in this world, there's two kinds of people my friend; those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Been driving my 2007 crew cab, Z71 GMC since I bought it new in late 2006. Other than oil changes I have replaced the battery once. Has been very reliable and comfortable. And, on the flat lands of Texas I'm getting 20mpg on the highway even when towing a small trailer with a 4-wheeler. Has never felt underpowered even when towing an 18' fish & ski rig.

Another thing related to locale that I find very useful is the 4-wheel drive system. Mine is the electronic with a "automatic" setting. In this part of Texas we often have freezing rain or light snow that leaves large portions of clear road with patches of ice. Especially on bridges. That "automatic" setting kicks in almost instantly and really helps in that situation.

Being a 2007, mine was made in Canada, not Mexico so that could be a difference. I know a few with Toyos and they seem like a nice truck, but they all complain about the poor gas mileage, many saying that they don't even get close to the rating.

Like everything else personal preference and experience is what matters. A big part of the decision for me also is the local dealer. Not living near a major city, we have only one of each to choose from so we have to live with that one dealer as much as the truck we buy. A poor dealer can make a good truck difficult to live with.

"An open message for all Democrats; "Look you are nothing and your work is worthless. Anyone who chooses you is detestable."
Isaiah 41:24 (HCSB)

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by elkhunter130
I have driven them both. I did not care a whole bunch for the tranny shifting on the new Chevy. It seems to be always looking for a gear. I do like how comfortable and roomy they are. The Tundra is a sound truck but seems to be a little small. I do not care for the looks of the Toyota as much as the Chevy but want my purchase to last.

Thanks for the heads up on bed length. I would be willing to run it with the tailgate down if needs be. I am just tired of running a trailer for the quad.
You said you're pulling a small camp trailer. Can you pull it with the tailgate down? I can't with mine because the gate hits the tongue jack.

Not sure why anyone would tow with the tailgate down but some can't even PUT it down, in that case, get a longer slider.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by elkhunter130

I am stuck when it come to hauling the trailer and the quad. I would be happy to just put the quad in the back with the tailgate down. We usually have enough people going to camp that I can get my quad there.. We would like to use our trailer more. I am spoiled now. The first time I did not have to wash up in a glacier feed stream or not sleep on the ground but a queen sized bed - I was sold. I still spike out but man that trailer is nice in the snow.

That's a tough one, you cannot go with a CrewMax if your wanting to put a quad in the bed and tow the trailer. Heck I had to put ramps in the bed of the standard sized bed DC Tundra to be able to put my quad in the bed and close the tailgate and on the Crewmax I recently sold theres no way in hell I was gonna close the tailgate with my quad in the bed. A pic for reference

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by KR13
I have a similar situation but it's Tahoe or Sequoia. It's for the wife so it's her decision. Unless she makes the wrong one.

I've got a 2005 Sequoia with 223k miles. Absolutely love it. If I had to buy another vehicle, I'd be on the lookout for a 2007 model with low miles.

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I just wasted part of my Saturday nite reading arguements about which truck is better. Only thing I learned is from the pics posted, Tundras are one ugly truck .mtmuley

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
They're all ugly.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
After test driving all the trucks last year I bought the Tundra. I liked the F150 interior and layout a little better but the Tundra powertrain felt a step above the Ford and Dodge. Sadly the 5.3 GM does not really compete with Ford, Dodge, and Toyota, IMO.

"Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by ribka

Another youtube link

The video means what? Your toyota was built by union workers or was it built in Detroit? Either way, toyota is still a piss poor excuse for a truck.

toyota trd. The only thing missing is u. TURD. grin

The Second Amendment isn't about Hunting. It's about Freedom.

FJB Let's Go Brandon
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I bought a new Silverado yesterday and I like it. Extended cab, 5.3 V8, 6-speed auto, LT trim level,Z71 suspension.

Since they've announced the 2014 models will have a lot of changes, the 2013's are heavily discounted.

Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

599 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10ring1, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 65 invisible), 2,436 guests, and 1,310 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,203
Posts18,485,258
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.