Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
N
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
N
Guys: My brother has torn up his shoulder, needing a complete replacement, so he has tasked me with selling a couple of his guns. This is a SAKO AV in .270 Win (Stoeger Imp), which he bot new in the 1980's sometime. It has been hunted, but shows little use.
The rifle has a 24" barrel, with a perfect crown and squeaky clean bore. The round count is very low. +/- 100 rounds or so.
I would rate the bluing at 95%. There is the usual minimal wear at the muzzle and a couple of small marks and light scratches on top of the barrel. Hardly any noticable bluing wear on the bolt handle or TG. There are also a few marks on the floor plate, perhaps some finger blemishes which didnt get wiped off immediately. NO rust or corrosion. The stock is excellent, almost all of the original shiny gloss finish remaining, one small scratch behind the Monte Carlo CP. The SAKO recoil pad is also VG. The checkering is sharp everywhere. The gun comes with Burris steel rings/bases: I'm told these are "Optilocks". If so, these are a high dollar addition to the rifle. The rings/bases have 99% of bluing remaining. All screws throughout are pristine. The rifle/mounts weigh approx. 8 pounds on a bathroom scale.
In summary, this is a very well taken care of SAKO AV, which has been hunted, but shows minimal evidence of it. SAKO guys on the Fire tell me this is one of the best rifles SAKO has made and the AV one of the best actions. Many custom rifles(including Magnums) have been put together around this action. There is also complete provenance here, we have the original factory brochure, numbered to this gun, which has schematics and instructions for disassembling the bolt, trigger adjustment, etc.

The price for rifle, plus bases/rings is $900.00 shipped. It will be shipped in a hard case to your FFL CONUS. We will grant the usual 3 Day (Do Not Fire) inspection period. USPS M.O./Certified Bank Check please. No trades needed. No California sales. I have tried to be complete but please ask any questions.
Here are a few pics:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Natty_Bumpo; 03/28/13.

NRA Life Member
"Use Enough Gun"- Robert Ruark
GB1

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Nice! Hope someone gets this before I give in.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Wish it was a 308

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You have nothing to worry about with CA sales on a long gun like this.

N
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
N
GOOD FRIDAY BUMP

NRA Life Member
IC B2

N
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
N
WEEKEND PRICE DROP:

NEW PRICE: $850 SHIPPED TO YR FFL OF CHOICE

ALL OTHER CONDITIONS OF SALE STILL APPLY. THANKS.

NB

Last edited by Natty_Bumpo; 03/30/13.

NRA Life Member
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Free Bump. Wish I needed another 270! Nice rifle.

"Good judgment comes from experience but unfortunately, experience is often derived from a series of bad judgments"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Natty_Bumpo
No California sales. I have tried to be complete but please ask any questions.
I have a few questions. You stated "No California sales." Do you hold a federal firearms license? Are you having a federal firearms licensee ship the rifle for you? If the answer to both of those questions is "no," then what's the deal with this "no California sales" bullshit?

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.
N
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
N
Mr Bricktop:

The answers to yr questions, in order, are:

1.No
2.Yes

The rifle will ship from my FFL agent to the buyers FFL agent. My FFL guy is a very well known gunsmith and I trust his expertise in all matters relating to firearms. Thanks.

NRA Life Member
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Mr Bricktop:

The answers to yr questions, in order, are:

1.No
2.Yes

The rifle will ship from my FFL agent to the buyers FFL agent. My FFL guy is a very well known gunsmith and I trust his expertise in all matters relating to firearms. Thanks.
I couldn't give a damn about anyone's perceived "expertise." Does your "FFL agent" -- most people simply refer to them as FFL holders -- have a policy against California shipments? Or is that something you're adding?

IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Why don't you just butt out Bricktop! If the man would rather not ship to California, that's his business, none of yours.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 61pass
Why don't you just butt out Bricktop! If the man would rather not ship to California, that's his business, none of yours.
Why don't you suck my dick? If I want to ask a clueless seller questions, I will. Savvy?

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
No problem, if you want to be a foul mouthed bully I guess that's your business!

Y
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Y
Ladies and Gentlemen:

Normally, I would not impose my opinion in someone else's sale, but after owning three Sako AV's, I would have to say that this is one sweet deal for $850.00.

Sincerely,

Chris Bemis

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Yalie
Ladies and Gentlemen:

Wait a minute...there are ladies reading this post? Geeze, that could be a problem.

I do love the color of wood on this rifle. Most are much darker, but this is a great rig.

Last edited by setch; 03/31/13.
N
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
N
THANKS for the constructive comments guys. I appreciate them.

All PMs returned.

Addendum re Mounts and Rings: I got a PM from a Sako guy here advising that the Burris bases/rings are not SAKO optilocks . They are steel,gloss black,and closely matching the bluing on the rifle. The rings are approximately 1/2" above the receiver. My brother's Leupold VX III 3.5-10x40 fit with plenty of room under the front lens. And there is one small mark on the back side of the front mount. Very slight bluing wear on the sharp edges of the rings. Screws are excellent. So I'll call the ring/mounts 95%+.

Let me know if anyone would like addl pictures. I can take/post them promptly . Thanks for looking.

Last edited by Natty_Bumpo; 04/01/13.

NRA Life Member
N
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
N
HUMP DAY BUMP

NEW PRICE: $800 SHIPPED TO YOUR FFL HOLDER

This would be a GREAT WAY to invest that tax refund.

NRA Life Member
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 61pass

Bricktop might know a thing or two about shipping firearms, maybe pull up a chair and listen....

Y
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Y
HUMP DAY BUMP

NEW PRICE: $800 SHIPPED TO YOUR FFL HOLDER

This would be a GREAT WAY to invest that tax refund.

Okay, this getting silly. $800.00 for this rig is a steal.

I owned Sako AV's in 270 Win., 30-06, and 6.5x55. They are/were some of the best made Mauser variants that I've ever owned. I kick myself daily about selling the 6.5x55.

That 6.5x55 came with the factory heavy barrel, palm swell stock and it could not shoot over 3/4" five shot groups. It was the most accurate factory rifle that I've ever owned.

I traded it for something. I was a fool.

Someone should grab this.

Sincerely,

Chris Bemis

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
I am just glad it's in .270. I already own a couple Sako's in .270.... grin (not that a guy couldn't use another).

Dink

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

77 members (6mmCreedmoor, 808outdoors, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 13 invisible), 14,843 guests, and 1,011 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,107
Posts18,541,913
Members74,057
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.