Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Stupid Colorado Dem. Isn't that Redundant?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Woodsmaster
Listening to them discuss firearms is like me discussing ballet.

How come you even know how to spell that word? eek

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
[Linked Image]

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Originally Posted by Woodsmaster
Listening to them discuss firearms is like me discussing ballet.

I'm stealing this!

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Bulletbutt
I Googled her and sent her an email that she will undoubtedly ignore.

What an idiot.

I got a reply back that she did not open my email because I am not from her district.

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
She put you on ignore? smile

What a bish.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Who said this........

�I will tell you these are ammunition, they�re bullets, so the people who have those now, they�re going to shoot them. So if you ban them in the future, the number of these high-capacity magazines is going to decrease dramatically over time, because the bullets will have been shot and there won�t be any more available.�
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
Colorado Rep. Diana DeGette is about as smart as this squirrel:

[Linked Image]
Damn, that's funny... laugh laugh laugh

As to the
Originally Posted by bea175
If they ever come after my 20 and 30 rounds mags , I'm just going to tell them i shot them all up.

Nope - do this:

[Linked Image]

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Of course gun nuts love to point out the ignorance of these people because of their poor grasp of the nomenclature. That arguement is a waste of breath because being factually correct does not matter to them. All they know is "guns are bad" and want to ban them.

Focus on the Constitution and unalieable natural rights. The gun gack will never win the arguement.

NRA Life Member
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Anyone appreciate Stirewalt as I do?
===========

Denver Dem has Akin Moment on Guns
By Chris Stirewalt
Power Play
April 04, 2013
FoxNews.com

�You�d probably be dead anyway if they had that kind of firepower.�

-- Rep Diana DeGette at a gun control forum hosted by the Denver Post in answer to a Denver resident�s concern that her proposal to outlaw large-capacity magazines would leave him at a disadvantage if faced with well-armed intruders.

The lead sponsor of a bill to ban high-capacity magazines for firearms dismissed concerns that the tens of millions of such devices already in use would render her ban pointless by explaining that that the existing ones would be used up in time.

"These are ammunition, they're bullets, so the people who have those now, they're going to shoot them, so if you ban them in the future, the number of these high-capacity magazines is going to decrease dramatically over time because the bullets will have been shot and there won't be any more available,� said Rep. Diana DeGette, D-Colo., at a forum hosted by the Denver Post.

But magazines are re-loadable. That�s kind of the point of them. They are what one puts the ammunition in, not the ammunition itself.

DeGette revealed the divide between the two Americas on firearms and may have finally sunk Democratic hopes for substantive restrictions on weapons in the process.

DeGette�s office tried to clarify the blunder, with a spokeswoman saying that DeGette meant to say �clips,� not magazines. But clips, devices for quickly loading ammunition into a weapon, are mostly re-usable too.

Like the colossal gaffe by former Missouri Rep. Todd Akin in last year�s Show Me State Senate debacle, this is evidently something that DeGette actually believes or believed until she became the object on nationwide mockery. And like Akin did on rape and abortion, DeGette was advocating hard-line legislation on the subject while apparently holding the erroneous view.

DeGette�s assertion came ridiculing a questioner in the audience who was concerned that he would be outgunned by intruders if her ban was in place, telling the senior citizen that he would probably be dead anyway if facing such an assault so he shouldn�t worry about her proposal.

Following that up with such a broadly incorrect statement offered in a voice of absolute certitude was especially unhelpful.

While this is personally embarrassing for DeGette, who has held herself out for years as an expert on the subject of firearms, it is also a blow to the broader Democratic effort to impose gun control measures. Like Akin�s revelation, DeGette�s has national implications.

The argument from Democrats is that they understand the subject and are sympathetic to legitimate gun owners, but wish to apply �common-sense� restrictions to prevent mass shootings in the future. When the principle architect of the ban on large-capacity magazines and clips does not understand the mechanics behind a central criticism of her plan � that the huge number of such devices already in existence negates much of the purported benefit � it becomes harder for Democrats to claim they are operating from �common sense.�

Just as pro-choice women fumed when they heard a man with a fundamental misunderstanding of human reproduction talk about banning abortion, pro-gun Americans are fuming over hearing DeGette�s assertions. And like pro-life lawmakers who agreed with Akin on the ban but knew about the birds and bees and rushed to say that his ignorance did not invalidate their argument, anti-gun Democrats will have a hard time getting away from DeGette�s comments.

DeGette was at the forum in concert with President Obama�s visit to Denver to sell a suite of gun control measures, including the one backed by the congresswoman. The president sought to allay fears of gun owners, saying, "There doesn't have to be a conflict between protecting our citizens and protecting our Second Amendment rights."

The congresswoman, who has represented a liberal district for 16 years, is not likely to suffer at the ballot box for her misapprehension. But the president and his ally, New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg, may find it harder to convince Democratic lawmakers from moderate states and districts to rally to the cause as a result.

DeGette revealed the divide between the two Americas on firearms and may have finally sunk Democratic hopes for substantive restrictions on weapons in the process.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/04/04/denver-dem-has-akin-moment-on-guns/#ixzz2PVzugp9i

Last edited by RISJR; 04/04/13.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bob, you might add that her extremely dismissive attitude of the value of the senior citizens life is NOT going to garner any love and support from seniors. Sorta like the Obama death panels.

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
It's rather discouraging that the super dumb are running the country and 19 out of every 20 gunowners don't really care enough to get involved in the discussions.
People who won't join the NRA, GOA, or SAF are apparently OK with being responsible for what's happening right now. To me this is nothing short of sickening.

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
She's being called the Mourdock/Akin of the "left" for this screwup.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by ingwe
Oh Crap!

My truck is almost out of gas!

Im gonna have to walk away from it soon and go buy a new truck!

Hell Ingwe...

the Indian Councils on the REZ have been doing that for 30 yrs plus....Lord knows how much they milk the Bureau of Indian Affairs for each year...

I use to cover Government Accounts with a company I worked for in MN, so I had a lot of contact with Tribal Council Offices, the Bureau of Indian Affairs etc..

what I saw there was just unbelievable... under the Democrats, I am sure that has just gotten broader and broader to where they apply the same mentality...

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (204guy, 1beaver_shooter, 222ND, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 1_deuce, 64 invisible), 2,688 guests, and 1,200 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,475
Posts18,529,558
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.