Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
Seuss Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Good friend and customer attempted to purchase some 308 ammo on GB. He sent bank check, email communication from seller was that check's deposited, needs a few days to clear, ok w that.
Since then the guy has vanished, user name changed, etc.

The info he has is-

The user name was Itemnine when I made the purchase. It is now bobo84. The name of the perp is Rovell Rangel, 107 Hackamore Ln, Victoria, TX 77904-3228. Phone # 361 571 9000

Any advice? I have made a bunch of 'net buys, never been stung.
Thanks all.

There's always hope as long as there's lead in the air.
GB4

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I swear I've heard that name before associated with a bad GB buy. Contact GB and see if it's not the first time. After that, there is a possibility of federal charges since it was transacted through the mail.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Feds won't do anything about mail fraud cases involving less than about $250K.

There's a GB guy out there who ripped me off for the price of an SKS, if makes you feel any better. GB was totally useless in resolving the situation, and their so-called "insurance" turned out to be "unsurance".

I suppose you could file a complaint with his local police.

Last edited by denton; 04/08/13.

Be not weary in well doing.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by denton
Feds won't do anything about mail fraud cases involving less than about $250K.

Unless it's multiple cases. Maybe.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Call the Victoria TX police or sheriffs office and see what they need to do something for you.

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I would also contact your local Attorney General office. They have a staff dedicated to consumer complaints. I used them 1x (firearm related) and was very happy with the outcome. Good luck.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Seuss
Good friend and customer attempted to purchase some 308 ammo on GB. He sent bank check, email communication from seller was that check's deposited, needs a few days to clear, ok w that.
Since then the guy has vanished, user name changed, etc.

The info he has is-

The user name was Itemnine when I made the purchase. It is now bobo84. The name of the perp is Rovell Rangel, 107 Hackamore Ln, Victoria, TX 77904-3228. Phone # 361 571 9000

Any advice? I have made a bunch of 'net buys, never been stung.
Thanks all.
Call that city's LEO department, send all above info to the cops in his city.. I bet they make a brief stop at his house.. It IS TX after all.. smile

I've only been had once on GB - but my insurance company handled it as a 'loss by theft'..

Best wishes - and let us know what happens..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
You could hire ask a couple of the Texas thugs guys to pay him a visit and "talk" to him on your behalf. whistle

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Don't know if it will help have never had to use it, but there's alway's a first time!

Phil

Gun Broker Fraud Protection - Buyer's Protection

Link

Under the GunBroker.com Buyer's Protection Program buyers of items purchased through GunBroker.com are covered for amounts up to $500 with a $100 deductible against fraud. For example, if the winning bid price is $500, you are eligible to receive $400 in the unlikely event of fraud. Every GunBroker.com buyer is automatically covered at no charge under the terms of this program. The coverage is effective for any item listed on or after September 15, 2001.
While fraud is virtually non-existent at GunBroker.com, our Buyer's Protection Program gives you as the bidder the peace of mind to bid and buy with confidence. Our Buyer's Protection covers two specific forms of fraud:

1.You pay for an item and never receive it, or
2.The item you receive is materially different that its description, such as winning a stainless steel pistol and receiving a blued one instead.
To be eligible for Buyer's Protection coverage you must be the winning bidder of an item as defined by our User Agreement. 'Side Deals' in which you were not the winning bidder, items bought or sold through the 'Want Ads', and any other transaction in which you were not the winning bidder of an auction here are not eligible for Buyer's Protection. Damage sustained in shipment is not covered by the Buyer's Protection; it is the seller's responsibility to insure the item against damage in shipping.

If you are having a problem with a seller and believe that you have been defrauded, please do the following:

1.Try to contact the seller directly via email, telephone, or snail mail. Many problems are either misunderstandings or difficulty in communications. You can use Resolving Problems with the Seller located in For Buyers to request the seller's contact information and call or email him.
2.We strongly recommend that buyers and sellers work together in an attempt to resolve their dispute.
3.Review the Fraud Claim Process to understand the claim process and to determine if the item is eligible for Buyer's Protection.
4.If you have been unable to work the matter out with the seller and 30 days have passed since the ending date of the auction, you can file a Fraud Report. To allow the seller sufficient time for communication between yourself and the seller you must wait a minimum of 30 days from the date the auction ends to file the Fraud Report. The Fraud Report must be filed within 60 days of the end of the auction; claims made after 60 days will be denied by the insurance company.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I filed a claim with the gunbroker fraud in the past, and they acted quickly. I would think that would be step one before contacting the cops.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
I filed a claim with the gunbroker fraud in the past, and they acted quickly. I would think that would be step one before contacting the cops.

Facebook

[Linked Image]

alternate email

rovell_rhotmail.com

his google+ account profile -" I'm the "badass" your parents always warned you about!"

Rovell S Rangel was born in 1986. Rovell currently lives in Victoria, Texas. Before that, Rovell lived in Victoria, TX in 2009. Before that, Rovell lived in Victoria, TX from 2004 to 2005.

Rovell S Rangel is related to Arnold Rangel, who is 65 years old and lives in Victoria, TX. Rovell S Rangel is also related to Romanda Rangel, who is 60 years old and lives in San Antonio, TX. Rovell S Rangel is also related to Nathan Rangel, who is 36 years old and lives in Victoria, TX.

Last edited by KFWA; 04/08/13.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I think the next phrase will read: Funeral arrangements will be made by...

pricks like that need to eat some dirt!

S
Seuss Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Appreciate all feedback gents.

There's always hope as long as there's lead in the air.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by KFWA

Facebook

[Linked Image]

alternate email

rovell_rhotmail.com

his google+ account profile -" I'm the "badass" your parents always warned you about!"

Rovell S Rangel was born in 1986. Rovell currently lives in Victoria, Texas. Before that, Rovell lived in Victoria, TX in 2009. Before that, Rovell lived in Victoria, TX from 2004 to 2005.

Rovell S Rangel is related to Arnold Rangel, who is 65 years old and lives in Victoria, TX. Rovell S Rangel is also related to Romanda Rangel, who is 60 years old and lives in San Antonio, TX. Rovell S Rangel is also related to Nathan Rangel, who is 36 years old and lives in Victoria, TX.
bwaahahha Sweet! I guess GunBroker frauds should think twice before ripping off a Campfire Member.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Strength in numbers!! kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Wonder if he's related to the Nightforce scope ripoff dude. Looks like he could be.

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
i think i'll send him a message through FB and let him know Victoria is only an hr drive.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Try to locate him and then file fraud charges against him. You should get someone who lives near by to check out his address.

[Linked Image from ]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Where's Bricktop when you need him? I can't wait to see where this goes.

Hopefully this ends the same as it did for the dumb azz who attempted to pull off the Nightforce scam.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by KFWA

Facebook

[Linked Image]

alternate email

rovell_rhotmail.com

bwaahahha Sweet! I guess GunBroker frauds should think twice before ripping off a Campfire Member.

Looks like he's already shut down his Facebook account so he must know that someone is on to him now.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

644 members (007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 10ring1, 12344mag, 160user, 72 invisible), 2,321 guests, and 1,361 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,953
Posts18,480,406
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.