Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

GB1

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Yep and ol'POTUS will be here soon to talk to us about evil firearms and the fine work the Dems here have done. I'm sure he'll say its just a start.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Tanner
Colorado would be sweet if we could make a big strip running down the Front Range secede and GFThemselves.

Maybe Denver will drop into a big sinkhole. That would fix things, especially if Boulder went, too.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Maybe if just Boulder and Denver did....grin

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I'm thinking the boycott talk might be getting someones attention. On 850 KOA talk radio the DOW is now advertising how the new laws "really" don't affect non-resident hunters

An armed member in a country is a citizen, an unarmed member is a subject.
IC B2

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Yea hunters boycotting Colorado is a really good Idea.....antis grinning ear to ear...gun registration, banned assualt rifles, and reducing the numbers of hunters. Kill a bunch of birds with one stone.

lefty C

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I'm a retired LEO. I can tell you right now that the CSP, and the DOW will enforce these state laws. Most Police Departments will too. In fact I haven't heard one Police Chief whose said his department won't. The Sheriff's are elected officals and are one election away from being unemployed, and the next guy will enforce. The dems have done unspeakable damage to the freedom of this state.

S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by Lee_Woiteshek
I'm a retired LEO. I can tell you right now that the CSP, and the DOW will enforce these state laws. Most Police Departments will too. In fact I haven't heard one Police Chief whose said his department won't. The Sheriff's are elected officals and are one election away from being unemployed, and the next guy will enforce. The dems have done unspeakable damage to the freedom of this state.

That is what I have been trying to tell people Lee. None of these appointed police chiefs will buck the Governor or any elected mayor as their job will end right there. The hope of the boycott is to convince enough people that these laws are doing damage to the state and they need to get out to vote in 2014. Supportive sheriffs that are pro gun will be reelected and anti gun sheriffs will fail is the hope.

It's pure BS that the boycott will help then antis. They won't be swayed either way and the only hope is to get the right people elected in 2014 to repeal these laws and that can only be done with a republican governor and republican controlled Senate. The only way to do that is to get the conservatives out to vote which they did not do in 2012. To do that they must have incentive and getting into their pocket book is the only incentive that works. If the laws are not affecting them they won't get out to vote.

The ones who are against the boycott either are going to be financially hurt by it or need to repeat Economics 101.

This entire thing is like the 2-3 million gun owners that belong to the NRA, but there are 8-10 million gun owners + in the USA. A lot of people want to complain, but darn few want to do anything about it.

Last edited by saddlesore; 03/31/13.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Our group just applyed for Col. elk tags the other day. One member droped out and the new laws played a part in his choice. We didn't feel we could research another state and get everyones vacations changed in time, etc, etc, etc, to switch. Will we be back after this Oct (if we draw), i don't know? I have VERY mixed feelings about the boycott idea. Would love to boycott the government and not hurt the good folks that got this [bleep] shoved down their throats, but don't know how. Maybe the NRA can get it turned around with law suits, i hope so. Just a bad deal all around.

Guy

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
i've gone to co every year since 96' for archery elk. i'm not hunting co this year. going to montana and south dakota instead. however, i did put in for another co pref pt. i'll get all my money back except 15 bucks i believe.

IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by guy57
Would love to boycott the government and not hurt the good folks that got this [bleep] shoved down their throats, but don't know how. Maybe the NRA can get it turned around with law suits, i hope so. Just a bad deal all around.

Guy

In 2014, throw a couple bucks at the conservative candidates that will be running to help their campaigns. The Dem side is getting tons of out of state money, our side doesn't get much at all. A lot of the real trouble makers were real close elections last time around in their districts.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MileHighShooter
Originally Posted by guy57
Would love to boycott the government and not hurt the good folks that got this [bleep] shoved down their throats, but don't know how. Maybe the NRA can get it turned around with law suits, i hope so. Just a bad deal all around.

Guy

In 2014, throw a couple bucks at the conservative candidates that will be running to help their campaigns. The Dem side is getting tons of out of state money, our side doesn't get much at all. A lot of the real trouble makers were real close elections last time around in their districts.

Good advice. There are a number of districts that have representatives and senators that are far to the left of their constituents.
Give them some support when they need it.

I had hoped to see some media time bought by the NRA in this last fight. It may have been there and I just missed it.

Another thing about the boycott - be selective about where you spend your money. Don't boycott the businesses that are actually fighting for our 2nd amendment rights.

some examples (you probably have more)

I like beers from New Belgium brewery (Fat Tire and Ranger) but I just read an article in the Post about the founder/CEO's use of the profits for liberal causes. Coors tastes a whole lot better to me now.

The Gil Foundation funnels A LOT of money into liberal Colorado candidates. Their main issue is gay and lesbian rights. The Gil Foundation gets it's money from the Quark Express software development company.

Progressive Insurance is where George Soros gets the cash to fund moveon.org. A better choice for your rights is Farm Bureau Insurance.

L
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
KUSA - Citing recent gun control legislation, HiViz Shooting Systems announced Monday that it is relocating operations out of Colorado.
"We cannot in clear conscience support with our taxes a state that has proven through recent legislation a willingness to infringe upon the constitutional rights of our consumer base," HiViz President and CEO Phillip Howe said in a news release.

The move will start with the company's corporate headquarters. Other operations will move over an extended period of time. A majority of employees will move with the corporate office, according to the release.

More details about the relocation will be announced as they are finalized.

Gov. John Hickenlooper signed legislation in March that expanded background checks for firearms and set limits on ammunition magazines.

"I think it will make it more difficult for people to get guns who shouldn't have them, and that's really the goal," State Rep. Beth McCann (D-Denver) said.

Ammunition magazine maker Magpul said it will leave Colorado by the end of the year as a response to the new legislation.

HiViz, which is based out of Fort Collins, manufactures light-gathering lights, recoil pads and accessories.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by bluesman
If hunters, fisherpersons, shooters, skiers, snowboarders, and otyer foilks who enjoy the wilderness and hunting/catching their own food bail Colorado will learn a lesson that ouir elected idiots gotta learn soon - all power - AND MONEY - flows from the working people!

Terry

Right, I believe I may grab my old Sharps rifle and hunt Elk on a buds place this year in N.M.

Gunner

Trump Won!
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Boycotting hunting won't do squat! This might help though.

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingn...iffs-planning-lawsuit-block-new-gun-laws

Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a hunting license and that's pretty close.
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
People don't understand the point of a boycott. It has to affect everybody, so everybody can rise up and complain to the politicians.

The cops have said they won't enforce it, because they have no idea if the person in question is actually breaking the law to begin with since there is no firearm registration YET.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I understand the boycott completely, but I can't agree with it. It's going to hurt too many good people who are on our side.

Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a hunting license and that's pretty close.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Right!

The Bambi-Libs will love the fact there are fewer savages out in THEIR forest, slaughtering every living thing for fun and blood-lust.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
You give the libs too much credit. my crazy lib mother in law doesn't even know what time of year people hunt.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I got an E-Mail from the DOW last week wanting me to renew my small game and fishing licenses on line. First time that ever happened.
I wonder of they're starting to worry.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

521 members (01Foreman400, 22250rem, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 160user, 10Glocks, 52 invisible), 2,146 guests, and 1,172 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,235
Posts18,504,442
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.