Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I have not tested chain in years but in my day Carlton and Oregon were neck in neck for the best. One test Oregon would be a few points ahead and on the next it would be Carlton. Stihl had problems in heat treat and chrome adhesion. Their chrome just would not hold up and their chain would dull much faster than either Carlton or Oregon. Windsor was at the bottom of the list. That was the big four in my day. Today Omark owns all but Stihl. If your saw shop carries Carlton try a loop or two. You might be surprised.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
GB1

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
If you don't have a golmar dealer close by you can buy the relabeled makita which is really a dolmar.

Something clever here.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I run Oregon chain on the big saws 395XP. I don't like Husky chains.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by northern_dave
I run carlton chain. 3/8, full chisel, regular sequence.

I like full skip on big bars.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Husky does not make chains. Not sure who makes them for Husky but it could be Oregon. for a lot of years Carlton made McCullough.

IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Jesus [bleep],you are a clueless dumbphuck!

Carlton is a [bleep] joke and the notion of it being viable,is as hilarious as the muse that it's "sharp". I'd really love to hear about your version of how it is possible that you can "know" so incredibly [bleep] little about saws and it's chain and yet feel compelled to "answer" questions?!!? For certain,this is the funniest [bleep] schit I've ever read and you are routinely a clueless [bleep] idiot of repute and the ease in which you talk out your azz is impressive. Congratulations?

Do tell a leetle sumptin' about your "findings" in regards to burying saw bars of various length,upon various powerheads,in various types of wood and just which file you Imagined to use in your Pretend? Laffin'! Feel free to use your Imagination to Pretend pics about same too. Re-laffin'! I know..I know..."all" your pics are under lock & key at bigsqueeze's house and Magnumdoosh is the bodyguard and Jeff-O runs herd on the cardboard box for extry security. Re-re-laffin'! Mebbe quip on "all" the money you "made" with Carlton and Dolmar,as the melding slapped everything else around in your Imagination. Re-re-re-laffin'!

Where do you clueless dumbphucks come from? Texas?!!?

Wow +P+++.

The only way to top this schit,is if a Waste Water Technician,Dabbles into the "particulars" of "Reloading" for his SuperSoaker.

Instant CLASSIC and thanks for the [bleep] laughs! Your "best" never ain't not an absolute [bleep] hoot!

MCH,

I hear good things about 75CJ .063" 3/8" and the manner in which it arranges greenbacks.(grin)

(Addendum)

Slow day and you'd think Castin' & Blastin' would grow old...even on a Hookie Day.

[Linked Image]
It don't.(grin)

CJX sucks heavy azz and cain't begin to hang,when burying bars for a living. Especially sucks in working loaded wood(wether Bucking or Falling),hurts RPM and don't begin to cover as much country nearly as fast as CJ. The "sanctity" of the wider kerf is a grandiose ruse,which is counterproductive to dollars and cents. Far more control is afforded with CJ and it tracks better to boot...while allowing better gas mileage and bd ft per tank.

Win/win.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Hi Stick, how is life treating you.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I run 75CJ and have run 75CJX.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Whoever makes the Husky stuff I don't like it much.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
What is it you don't like? Soft, stretches, dulls like there is no tomorrow? Just curious as I have no clue who makes it.

IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
streches and doesn't hold an edge long. Hickory and Oak are hell on it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I just bought a Stihl 250c out of the classifieds here, still in the box never been assembled. I don't do much cutting 3-6 hardwoods a year maybe. I paid $280 shipped for it and figure it was a decent deal.

Since we have a few guys here that have tons of saw experience I'd like to ask what kind of chains I should be using. I'd like to buy a few spare to have on hand.

Thanks.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I hate to say it but is sounds like Stihl. It might be Windsor as they never made good chain.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Its not Stihl or if it is its their bottomline junk.

It surely isn't even close to the Super L Klassic.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by 444Matt
I just bought a Stihl 250c out of the classifieds here, still in the box never been assembled. I don't do much cutting 3-6 hardwoods a year maybe. I paid $280 shipped for it and figure it was a decent deal.

Since we have a few guys here that have tons of saw experience I'd like to ask what kind of chains I should be using. I'd like to buy a few spare to have on hand.

Thanks.

What size bar you plan to run?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thinking of running an 18 most of the time and keeping a 16" for if I have lighter /trim work to do.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Oak and pecan and hickory will be my primary cuts, use it for BBQ wood and firewood

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Then it could be Windsor. I left the industry in 1995. A lot has happened since then. Ray Carlton died and Carlton was bought by Oregon. Ray would be doing high RPMs in his grave if he knew. He started Carlton after quitting Oregon as one of their head engineers. He was a good man and a great boss. Those of us who knew him well are saddened by what happened to his once great company.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Full cheisle skip seeing your cutting hard woods. A little less wear on the powerhead in my opinion. But Boxer or Scott may have a different opinion.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Works for me. just make sure you keep it out of the dirt. Chisel will not stand dirt.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

555 members (10gaugeman, 1234, 219DW, 160user, 222Sako, 1lessdog, 58 invisible), 12,192 guests, and 1,061 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,252
Posts18,544,465
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.