-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Blessings and comfort to you and your family!

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Thoughts and prayers from Iowa. Remember the good times and good things.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by iambrb
Well, today is not a good day. Seems that Mom wound up in the ER today (why does the Gub-mint make medicare/medicaid patients go thru the ER?). As many of you know, she has stage 4 lung cancer. Diagnosed 14 months ago, she has beat the odds 'till now. she was weak and said that she felt heavy and tired. Her skin was a bit ashen, an indicator of lack of oxygen to the body. Her doc said taker her to the ER, and we did.
We thought Mom has fluid on the lungs, but that was not the case. It appears that the tumor is large, and growing. It is now collapsing one lung. Yes, there are tests yet to go....but it appears that this is it. There is really nothing that can be done. Mom signed a DNR, so they are going to do what they can, to make her comfortable. She is not in pain, so that is OK. She is on oxygen though, and soon, per the docs, the pain will come. if they are right, she will go down fast. I am personally praying that God take her fast, that she not suffer.

I remember toddling up to her and being lifted into her lap. I remember running to her arms, afraid of the waves at the beach. I remember her strength. now, I must be the one who is strong, I must be the one to hold her. I will show my grief to my Lord and my family in private. Always, the one who bore me was there, even when we were emotionally distant, and God has given us time to bond again. I am so thankful for that, and I will be there for her now.

Soon, my mother will pass to the next world. I will mourn her not being there, but knowing that she has a personal relationship with Jesus, Praise Him! Knowing that she will be sitting at the right hand of the Father, never to again know pain and remorse, is not a reason to be sad, but to rejoice.

Of course I ask for prayers, for my Mom, and that I may show strength.

Thanks to all for reading

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

a well written post--and i've got to say, you are a perfect son to value your mother as you do--and for taking/making the time to spend those priceless moments with her that is left to both of you on this side.

it doesn't get much better than having a good relationship with parents.

my mother is going to be 96 in 3 months--a widow now for just over 40 years. she still lives on her own, is 100% "all there" mentally and physically, takes care of her flowers outside, and keeps her home neat as a pin. she has always been is interested in my art, hunting, construction work, gunsmithing, and shooting--she even watches some shooting videos with me.

we watch a "drama movie" together one night a week--just to spend that valuable time together--because the clock is forever ticking...

for various reasons, every time i learn that someone loses a parent--or is about to lose a parent--it leaves me with a sense of feeling "just a measure of their loss..."

all learning is like a funnel:
however, contrary to popular thought, one begins with the the narrow end.
the more you progress, the more it expands into greater discovery--and the less of an audience you will have...
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
God Bless , and keep you both.

Just navigated this tough trail, not all that long ago.

Stay strong, and be the Son she needs, in this trying time.

Greg

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

L
LBP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Prayers sent for you all.

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Prayer sent for her and you.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Prayers sent for you, your Mom and your family.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bull
May God bless you and your family in your time of need. i have been where you are.......

Prayers sent your way.

+1

Prayers for you, your Mother and the rest of your family.

God Bless.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
There are no words, just prayers from my family to yours....

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Prayers for you, your Mom, and your entire family.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, used up, worn out, bottle of Jim Beam in one hand and a .45 in the other, loudly proclaiming WOW-- What a Ride!"
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
And I'm praying for you and your family. I know that most of us feel that we have or had the greatest mom in the world as we should. Just keep in mind that she will be passed from death unto life, to forever be alive in God's presence. Be comforted with God's words when He said "I will never leave nor forsake you."

God's peace that passes all understanding be with you.

Ivan

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thanks - your post is significant, and especially to all who have been close to our Moms and who have gone through such loss. Your mother looks like a lovely person, and surely she treasures you for the good son you have been, the man you are and your loving care for her. Both of you are so fortunate in your relationship. She and you are in my prayers - peace and Godspeed for her - peace and healing for you.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Prayers for your mom and the rest of your family thru this difficult time... I am dreading, but I am sure I will be crossing the same bridge in the near future.. my mom is 82...

my best friends mom is exactly a year older than my mom to the day and she had a heart attack on April 2.... and was DOA by the time the ambulance got there...

I'm grateful for the time I have had with her.. and plan on taking a week off soon just to go down and spend some time with her one on one, just because...

God be with your mom!

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
sorry your going threw this, prayers sent

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I Hope that you and your family find the strength in this time of trouble.

I lost a good friend last year and the people they have will make her comfortable when she needs it.

Prayers Sent

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bruce,

I am sorrowed with you at this very difficult time. I could tell from the countenence and grace and inner beauty shiing outward from your mother in thos pictures that here is a Woman whose beauty knows no bounds, whose Glory is rich and well deserved, and whose reward, Jesus proclaiming to all of Heaven "Well done, my good and faithful servant" Will bring the lasting Joy and peace that we all have sought our whole lives to find. Very soon, it will be hers forever and ever.

My prayer is for YOU, that our great God of love and peace, will see you through this time of greif. Jesus knows of your pain and grief all to well. The whips and the beatings and the nails did not cause him to weep, he wept when he saw the grief of his freinds when they met him in the road and told them that Lazarus had died.

Blessings,

MARK

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Prayers sent your way.
May God bless your mother and everyone surrounding her during this time.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Prayers sent...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
GOD BLESS YOU, MOM, AND YOUR FAMILY.

- Rogue
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
imbrb

I'm an oncology nurse and also have a lot of hospice experience. I had three patients pass between monday and sunday.

Know this. Her passing will be painless. It will be harder on you than on her. Also, with the things I've seen and heard in the rooms of dying people, her journey isn't over and there will be someone there to meet her and take her to her new home. Trust in the guiding hand.

Dan

"It's a source of great pride, that when I google my name, I find book titles and not mug shots." Daniel C. Chamberlain
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

680 members (10gaugemag, 16gage, 117LBS, 10Glocks, 1Longbow, 66 invisible), 2,647 guests, and 1,309 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,638
Posts18,512,196
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.