Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#7684573 04/24/13
G
gemby58 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
To all on campfire members and all non members, if anyone would like to donate to help Mark Claiborne and his wife Sheeri with medical expence, and mortage or buy one of his rifle that he trying to sell to make ends meet with all thats going on in his life let me know and I'll let you have his address to send help. Im not trying to get in the middle of this by collecting funds for him, if need be I will but would rather you send it straight to him. I will provide you his address if you need it, so far 7 campfire member contacted me and asked for his address Greg

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Let's pass the hunting hat around and get a good collection for one of our real stand-up guys around here. Time to step up and help out guys. Every penny helps.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
yup

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
PM sent.

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Can you share what happened (in general terms).. And do you have a list of what he is selling?

dave

IC B2

G
gemby58 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
pm returned

G
gemby58 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
I just PM Mark and asked his permission for me to post his address for the campfire family can help one of there family member out. I also told him one way or the other we are going to help him and Sherri out if he likes it or not.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Send me his address.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Post a paypal account. I have a couple nickels to throw his way.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
+1 on the Paypal addy. Some don't like Paypal but for me, it's about the only way I move money now.

Geo

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just buy a cd from him and he will HAVE to send you his address. grin

I could wish a lot of things on my worst enemy but neuropathy ain't one of them.
G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Originally Posted by ilikemilitaria
Can you share what happened (in general terms).. And do you have a list of what he is selling?

dave

As to the what, from Mark today:https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/7682610/Need_help#Post7682610
Gemby and others,

When the Yalie check crisis and car repair crisis hit us, JDMCguns (SP) bought an old model bearcat and a 308 rifle from us as well as a Springbok hide quilt. This covered our repair costs for our two autos that broke down the same weekend along with our dishwasher.

Sherri having to go to part time work lately because of her cancer treatments and medicine regimen has caused ue to have to pay all of our health insurance premiums of now $1134/mo along with other bills but I would much rather trade out semi guided priavate land hunts for waterfowl, deer, and/or rodentia type varmints and or sell of one of my varmint rifles to keep the boat afloat.

The outpouring of support and kindness here has been overwhelming to me, and much appreiated.

I still want to remain self sufficinet and self supporting as much as I can, using the sale of guns and stuff to keep us going until Sherri can return to full time work or I get a new Kidney and, assuming it takes and works OK, can hopefully return to some type of work again as well.

Thanks to all, from the bottom of my heart!

MARK

If things were as obvious as they initially appear . . . then men would be riding horseback sidesaddle . . . and not women. - Will Rogers
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Mark, I dropped a little something in the mail, also, if you need more help and your looking to part company with the little BRNO .22 Hornet we dealt on earlier, let me know, and I'll see if I can help you out.
Thank you and God bless!
Anyone needing Marks address, PM me, we'll get it to you.
JP

JohnP
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Maybe someone can help me understand. Less than three weeks ago he was looking for advise as to which ATV to buy. Now your passing the hat to help pay bills?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Was gonna buy the little dickbags 4 wheeler, correct? Post some rifles for sale and if I can help Ill buy one....I had to dump all mine last year, I did and I took less than some were worth, however piled together the money I needed and kept a float.

guns to me are like legal crack
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Maybe someone can help me understand. Less than three weeks ago he was looking for advise as to which ATV to buy. Now your passing the hat to help pay bills?

I look for advice on things to buy knowing full well that I can't quite a bit. It keeps me informed and motivates me to keep going through the daily monotony of work and school.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
yup i do too. he is a great guy in a tough spot and we'd like to help.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by HugAJackass
I look for advice on things to buy knowing full well that I can't quite a bit. It keeps me informed and motivates me to keep going through the daily monotony of work and school.

crazy

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Just goes to show that some people can look into the heart of a guy and want to help. Some can't.

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Originally Posted by 303savage
Was gonna buy the little dickbags 4 wheeler, correct? Post some rifles for sale and if I can help Ill buy one....I had to dump all mine last year, I did and I took less than some were worth, however piled together the money I needed and kept a float.

I am selling my guns, and was going to trade blackbearslayer his 4 wheeler for one of my nicer rifles. Was a great deal for me, could have sold that 4 wheeler for more then the gun was worth. All the while I am most others here knew it was a world class farce, never going to happen.

I WAS trying to trade a few guns for a 4 wheeler, and have posted ad's here saying just that. HAd a bite from two different members here but then Sherri had to go to part time work and I decided to sell my rifles for cash. Many are gone, some are still for sale here and elsewhere. I am keeping a few core guns to allow me to still hunt when I feel like doing so (kinda rare lately) and these guns also have much history and sentimental value. FWIW, I have even put up for sale my Sako Riihimaki with the beautiful custom stock and my much customized or tricked out Lyman Great Plains hunter rifle. Both of these were in my "keep Forever" pile until the most recent turns of events.

Lastly, I just now am seeing this thread, did not know that Gemby was going to post a 'help Mark' thread in one of the open forums. As much as I appreciate the spirit and intent - TRULY and Genuinely! - And am grateful for all who think enough of me to help, I would prefer to havedonations go to Savannah or someone more needy than myself. And, as I said in my PM to Gemby and apparently forwarded to Gungeezer, I really do want to TRY to be self supporting and self sufficient as much as I possibly can. Before anyone puts more into that last phrase than is intended, I am NOT in the least angry or ticked off at Gemby or Gun Geezer for forwarding and posting my PM, I know the spirit and intent of the forwarding and posting of my PM's.

I am now going to PM Gemby and ask him to take down this thread if he can. But to all who have expressed a desire to help out, things are tough but I have sold some stuff here and elsewhere, and have more stuff for sale. Perhaps someone here would like another nice gun, but what I REALLY covet is your prayers for Gods healing in my life, specifically my Kidneys and for Sherri's health, that the cancer does not come back.

Anyone want a really nice custom 416 Rigby in trade for one good Kidney?

Blessings and thanks to all,

MARK

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

264 members (12344mag, 160user, 1badf350, 10Glocks, 257 roberts, 300jimmy, 28 invisible), 1,937 guests, and 992 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,539
Posts18,531,120
Members74,039
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.