Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

Alcohol: Cunning, baffling, powerful ...

GB1

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I gotta ask. You have cells and ICUs that you actually recognize? whistle

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If you find yourself questioning whether or not you drink too much, you're likely drinking too much.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
If I was 30 years old and still had some chit to accomplish, it'd be too much,..but at 57,..fuggit,..yanno?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Too much or too often, or too much, too often? In reference to the way your question was worded, I don't drink to much, but sometimes drink too much.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I use to to drink, I still do but i use to also.

I'm a random drinker I might have 2 or 3 beers every night for a week, then I might go 2 months with out a drink, and then I might kill a case in a day. I don't drink like I did in collage by any means but I do enjoy a cold beer and good Canadian Whiskey

Last edited by WyoCowboy; 05/03/13. Reason: I stutter when I type

�The constitution of the United States asserts that all power is inherent in the people, that they may exercise it by themselves, that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed!� � Thomas Jefferson
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by gophergunner
I'm going to pizz some off here, but I think if you've got kids at home, 1 drink is 1 too many.

You don't pizz me off but I will respectfully disagree with you on that. We drink in front of our kids so they know what responsible drinking is. Nothing wrong with celebrating with family and friends in the home and being responsible. Opposed to say for those who won't drink in the house but will go out and sneak their drinks in some bar and probably try to be some sort of Player while out too. I just don't understand the philosophy of teaching your kids if you're going to do something you need to hide it. Open and honest is best in our book.

Help keep our sport going. take a kid outdoors!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm going to pizz some off here, but I think if you've got kids at home, 1 drink is 1 too many.

Wow.
That is choice.
It never stops.

I don't doubt your reasoning....it won't be the answer, in my opinion but, good luck.
If you move to a deserted island, it would be easier.

Have Dog

Will Travel

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

What if they are sleeping, I "usually" wait for the kids to go to sleep before I have a glass of wine or a glass of Scotch.

But if they see having a drink not a big deal IMO. Sheltered kids are the ones that don't know how to handle schit when real life comes at them.

Last edited by heavywalker; 05/03/13.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JimHnSTL

You don't pizz me off but I will respectfully disagree with you on that. We drink in front of our kids so they know what responsible drinking is. Nothing wrong with celebrating with family and friends in the home and being responsible. Opposed to say for those who won't drink in the house but will go out and sneak their drinks in some bar and probably try to be some sort of Player while out too. I just don't understand the philosophy of teaching your kids if you're going to do something you need to hide it. Open and honest is best in our book.

Exactly

�The constitution of the United States asserts that all power is inherent in the people, that they may exercise it by themselves, that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed!� � Thomas Jefferson
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by heavywalker

What if they are sleeping, I wait for the kids to go to sleep before I have a glass of wine or a glass of Scotch.

Again, maybe we should make sure no one is around when we go shoot our guns too. I mean why expose someone to that kind of violence? How can anyone know what responsible drinking or gun ownership is if they don't witness it first hand? It really is that simple.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Why would that piss anybody off? You raise your kids (I assume you have some) the way you want and I'll raise mine the way I want.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Hell...one of my kids is the main reason I do drink.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I don't hide it from them, but the simple fact is that they keep me busy enough that I really don't have much time to sit down and enjoy a drink, so I usually end up having a drink after they are in bed.

I also noticed that you read my post before I edited it.

Last edited by heavywalker; 05/03/13.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Hell...one of my kids is the main reason I do drink.

No chit.. sometimes I need it to keep me from killing the little rat.

Here's to booze and self medicating and good parenting! grin

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Well, that makes me a full blown alcoholic.

Although, I've never been arrested for anything, never lost a job, I've been very happily married for 26 years and my kids tell me they love me almost every day.

Go figure.

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by heavywalker
I don't hide it from them, but the simple fact is that they keep me busy enough that I really don't have much time to sit down and enjoy a drink, so I usually end up having a drink after they are in bed.

I also noticed that you read my post before I edited it.

Yes I was a tad to fast for your editing foo skills. Sorry, I'll try to slow it up next time. I usually end up editing my own post a couple times before I ever get it close to being what I really wanted to say.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My personal rule is not to drink before going to work or before 6AM. The kids seem to be coping alright.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
hell I eat bacon too....sometimes in excess...........and butter...ever have deep fried bacon covered with sausage gravy?

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by logcutter
What is acceptable in a weeks time for taking in alcohol before it does damage in your opinion?

Beer/Wine/Whisky etc etc!

Jayco
Go heavy to find the limit then back of a pinch. When you wake up in the morning and have crapped yourself that is the limit.

It is better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

453 members (17CalFan, 10Glocks, 163bc, 12344mag, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 30 invisible), 2,315 guests, and 1,064 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,453
Posts18,529,031
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.