-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
You didn't make me angry, i just wouldn't support Costco. Didn't know if you knew about their anti-Gun Agenda .

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
GB1

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Duke power

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
The stock market is good until it ain't.

It goes from "good" to "ain't" overnight.

You'll go to sleep good,..and wake up ain't.

It's obnoxiously overheated at present,...and it's all false.

The only thing keeping it rising is the series of huge sums of cash dumped into the system by the Federal Reserve.

It'll all take a mega dump in the near future and the much anticipated decoupling will occur.

That's when the rush toward PM's will occur.

Campfire Kahuna Emeritus &
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Kahuna Emeritus &
Campfire Outfitter

Originally Posted by bea175
You didn't make me angry, i just wouldn't support Costco. Didn't know if you knew about their anti-Gun Agenda .

Yep, I study the market for several hours each and every day. And I am aware that the Costco CEO or whatever is an Obumma fan. And he is a dick.

I also know that most of "the folks," the employees at Costco are gun-friendly, at least here in Oregon. I often spend an extra half-hour when Karen and I are in Costco ... the guys and gals want to talk guns, hunting and such with the "gun writer." That would be me.

Frankly, I've always been in the market to make money. Period ... no agendas, just make as many bucks as possible while keeping risk to a tolerable level.

And the more I can make, the more we can donate to the Steve and Karen Education Endowment.

Blessings,

Steve

"God Loves Each Of Us As If There Were Only One Of Us"
Saint Augustine of Hippo - AD 397

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by AB2506
Get a good advisor. Ignore mutual funds. They under performed for me. The advisor we've had for the last 4 years has reliably increased the value of our portfolio by carefully selecting stocks that are undervalued and pay dividends. Our portfolio out performs the markets. I often wonder what the portfolio would look like if I'd had him since I started investing, rather than all those wasted years in mutual funds.

He only has $500.00, the advising fee would eat him alive, and no reputable advisor would accept a $500.00 account on a fee basis.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
don't know what vehicle to tell you to invest in Calvin, but one of the things we're looking at for long term growth for our kids, is water stocks.

Long term.

but I do want to say, I'm proud of you for being a good dad and looking out for your daughter while time is on her side.

Kudos to you man, raising children is truly a gift from God, hope you enjoy every blessed second of it.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by 8SNAKE
What's a whole-life insurance policy run on a newborn these days? I'd be looking in that direction, based on what you've said.

Whole life is good at making money for the salesman, not so good when it comes to making money for the client. On average it's second only to Annuities as the highest fee financial product you can buy. Any advisor who would sell you a whole life policy for an infant is a crook, and not worthy of your business.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
agreed, only reason I'd carry TERM life insurance on a kid is if I couldn't afford burial expenses (God forbid)

but I've never been in that situation and doubt Calvin is either.

he seems to be a pretty solid citizen.

insurance is a good investment for the guys selling it ime

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by dogzapper

deleted.

Hey Steve! Hope all is well. Frankly, I wished you had not deleted what you posted and would like to hear more about the kind of picks you made to enable retirement at 49. :-). To a great degree I'm with you. Past 6 years I've just been watching full parking lots for companies like Cracker Barrel, CVS, Costco and others and all of those listings have more than doubled for me. I could give a damm whether gun friendly or not. And btw what defines gun friendly? I got my safe from Costco.

And Calvin, I totally agree with Randy on your decision to invest in your baby girls future versus blowing the gift on junk. You're a good dad and man.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Calvin...congrats on the newest family member.

500 dollars worth of kitchen and bathroom cleaners and some propane will gross you about 10K street value.

Last edited by RISJR; 05/04/13.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

IC B3

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
agreed, only reason I'd carry TERM life insurance on a kid is if I couldn't afford burial expenses (God forbid)

insurance is a good investment for the guys selling it ime

Yep, you are dead on.

C
Calvin Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by dogzapper

Originally Posted by bea175
Costco is to anti gun for me to ever invest in them and support their take your guns agenda. I don't need money that bad.

No problem. A guy's gotta do what a guy's gotta do.

The question was where to put the money for safety and relatively decent return on your investment.

If you add anti-gun/pro-gun into that mixture, it is likely that the $500 will sit in the gun safe. Happy landings with that grin

I wrote more very good stocks just now but deleted it. Prolly wouldn't make the grade. I apologize for making you angry.

Blessings,

Steve

Thanks for the advice Steve. I caught Costco, and will look into that. I'm not afraid to pick stocks. I'm sure the "experts" want me to buy the funds they manage, and make a fortune on, but I happen to be able to think for myself. (grin) And dang it, if I'm going to lose money, it'll be because I lose it. (grin) Baby Ada's investments are insured by Daddy.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Here's the problem with gold:

[Linked Image]

From time to time you will get a nice spike in the price of gold, but once the panic subsides, the prices slide back to pre-panic levels. Yoy may also notice the similartiy in the current pattern of gold prices, and the Carter erra.....Gold may lead on the way up, but Silver leads on the way down, and silver prices have already broke, so neither would be high on my list for a new born at this time.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Calvin
Originally Posted by shreck
Ruger stock, look at the ten year results. clicky here

That was a buy at 42. I did..(grin)

If you're a Ruger stock holder you should thank me grin

A government is the most dangerous threat to man�s rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
At some point all this mania will break, and both Gold and RGR will be good short sales.....

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Look into the pharmaceuticals.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RISJR
Look into the pharmaceuticals.

Yup. Big time. Especially, cutting edge companies that put up to 30% back into R&D and have progressive intellectual property filings.

Also, tech companies with the joint solutions to the upcoming nasty stuff that will give corporate America a ton of pain. Especially, financial institutions. We see a huge ddos attack coming on or about May 7. Tech companies with instant cloud remediation will jump in Q3.

Last edited by byc; 05/04/13.

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
No investment advice, but I wanted to congratulate you and your wife. That's great news!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RISJR
Calvin...congrats on the newest family member.

500 dollars worth of kitchen and bathroom cleaners and some propane will gross you about 10K street value.

you crack me up sometimes ya big jabroni! laugh

"hey baby, daddy's gonna buy you a meth lab"

you oughta have your azz whupped, Karen busy?

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm on my way over there Randy. I got this. :-)

Go Nats!!!!

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

550 members (219 Wasp, 1eyedmule, 06hunter59, 1_deuce, 12344mag, 1minute, 68 invisible), 2,567 guests, and 1,321 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,564
Posts18,473,225
Members73,940
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.