Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
C
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
Well I had a physical a month ago and decided that I needed to lose some weight and get into better shape. I started doing the "Insanity" workout series and watching my calories. So far I'm down 14 pounds from 285 to 271...only 86 pounds to go!!

Anyone else trying to drop some extra poundage this year?

Mauser Rescue Society
Founder, President, and Chairman

I don't always shoot Mausers, but when I do...I prefer VZ-24s.

jdi do píči
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I started on Jan 2nd at 286. I'm down to 258. Juicing gave me boost and kicked me off my "plateau."

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
jan 2nd 325.... today 288. sugar & carbs kill.

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Anyone try the FastDiet? I liked Michael Mosley's show, Blood and Guts: The History of Surgery, and watched his fasting diet show last week on PBS. You fast(eat less than 600 calories) 2 random days a week and eat normal the other 5. It showed fasting reduces your IGF-1(insulin like growth factor) hormone which may reduce your chance of cancer.

Quando omni flunkus moritati
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm in a bit different boat, as I don't have much fat left to lose (inside the last 10lbs) to get where I want to be. Scale weight is down nearly 40lbs from a few years back. The periodic semi-fast is something I'm trying right now and I am still shrinking up on the stomach measurement without losing muscle. My method is less severe that many others, but uses 4 daily protein shakes plus a clean meat/vetable evening meal and I do it twice a week. Overall calories for those days is about 1,200-1,300 and gives me a decifit of 1,000+cal when I factor in my morning workout. The protein and amino acids taken throughout the day help stave off muscle breakdown in a relatively severe deficit. A pound of fat, as a rule, is roughly 3,600 calories. Hitting a solid 2,000 calorie deficit just from my two "shake-fast" days makes it relatively simple to work in an additional 2,000 or so negative calories for the remaining five days of the week. You feel a bit hungry on the semi-fast days, but lots of water and some coffee/green tea makes it bearable. I wish I'd tried it sooner. My wife is doing the same plan, which helps.

Now with even more aplomb
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm going to give weight loss another go. I lost quite a bit a couple years ago, but put it all back on since then, partly because I'm stuck at a desk for 10 hours a day.

Ideally I'd like to lose up to 40 lbs and gain some muscle. Now that the snow is mostly gone I'm able to get out on the road and do some walking and work back up to being able to jog and run-haven't done either in several years.

Motivation, along with cutting back beer, are my 2 biggest issues. Dammit, I'm tired of being chubby and tired and I'm too young to give up.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I picked up probably 25lbs a few years ago when I went from working outdoors to being at a desk most of the time. My wife put on hers during pharmacy school, as she was a stress-eater. As a pair, we're about 75lbs lighter these days, mainly because we still make good food choices about 3/4 of the time, even when we fall off the wagon (lay off gym, drink too much, etc). It has become a lifestyle to eat decently most of the time. I cook the meals, so I have a dozen or more mainstay dishes that I work with and they make up the bulk of our food intake for any given week. We still eat pizza, burgers, and similar stuff, but it is generally less than 3 times per week and is often cut back to once a week if trying to make progress. Beer is kept for Friday/Saturday, but the less I drink, the more I find myself not really wanting it that badly.

Eating right and working out have to go together for me, or I won't stick with it. If I'm at the gym, I want to eat clean and make the most of it. If I'm not going to the gym, I'm more likely to eat junk. Many folks are the same way. For me, it often means getting up at 4:45AM to get to the gym before work. It sounds like it sucks, and it does for the first month or so, but then it becomes your normal routine and you feel sucky if you don't go. We just aren't made to eat processed "food-like" garbage and sit still all day. So it's up to us to fight the battle......

C
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
Beer is the toughest thing for me to cut out....I guess that makes sense being Czech and Irish...

Mauser Rescue Society

jdi do píči
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Beer is the toughest thing for me to cut out....I guess that makes sense being german and Irish...

+1 !
(edited a little)

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by LRoyJetson
Beer is the toughest thing for me to cut out....I guess that makes sense being german , Irish and Scottish...

+1 !
(edited a little)

And a little more. wink

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've got to lose about 20 lbs. Funny how it creeps up on ya.

Also got to get in shape for this summer's float trips and the fall's hunting trips. Just met with a trainer yesterday to get obliged to hit the gym.

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bruinruin
Originally Posted by LRoyJetson
Beer is the toughest thing for me to cut out....I guess that makes sense being german , Irish and Scottish...

+1 !
(edited a little)

And a little more. wink

Never heard anybody happy about drinking less beer, that for sure.... grin

I will say that they taste better when you aren't drinking them every day out of habit. They'll hit you harder too!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm trying to lose about 20lbs too. Wife and I were doing the 17 day diet last week but we weren't losing anything and we were sticking to it strictly and getting sick of chicken and salad. So we dropped it and decided to just watch what we eat an workout more. I'm planning on running at least 2 miles a day on the treadmill and doing other things like push-ups, crunches, etc. Last year all I did was stop drinking pop and dropped 18lbs.

Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game, but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.
C
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
I quit soda pop and cigarettes this winter and gained 20...

Mauser Rescue Society

jdi do píči
N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
I had a physical about 3 weeks ago and decided to lose some weight although the doc didnt want to beat me over the head with it since all of the vitals came in good.

I have lost a lot of weight in the past on various diets... this time around no diets I am just changing what I eat ever so slightly by cutting out most of the potatoes and beer/soda. Lots of water and coffee plus less junk snacks and more healthy snacks. I havent needed to workout yet since I've been busting my hump fixing up the house. Wallpaper removal, drywall repair, painting and flooring plus lots of yard work and shoveling plus keeping up with my 1 year old has been getting me plenty of exercise so far. Just want to loose some weight in a long term manageable way. Now I treat myself every two weeks the wife and I eat out "chinese takeout" but now we share a meal instead of each of us eating our own.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Cut out sugar, white bread, and started eating smaller portions. I'm 6'2" and went from 246 to 223 over a two month period. My post 4 surgery knees feel the difference.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
C
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
Just a quick update, I've currently lost 30 pounds with a combination of healthy eating and exercise. Hoping to lose another 70 this year.

Mauser Rescue Society

jdi do píči
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Very nice! That is the way to do it. Don't view it as temporary misery, but the way it really should be. Find recipes and restaurant meals that you actually like and know are good for you. Get an exercise plan that you can stick with for the next ten years. When you lose the rest of the weight, just keep on living that way and eating mostly those good meals. There are no problems with minor modifications and restrictions here and there to reach certain short-term goals, but it is the long-term sustainability that matters most. Most of us aren't going to go for weeks on end without a "cheat meal", so plan on eating something tasty and bad for you every now and then.

I'm actually eating at a slight calorie surplus right now and lifting hard, trying to put on "clean weight" at a slow rate. Still eating those same good foods, just more of them.....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by CowboyTim
Just a quick update, I've currently lost 30 pounds with a combination of healthy eating and exercise. Hoping to lose another 70 this year.

Good work

Snake

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
57 years old,...6" tall,...178 lbs,..35" inseam,..arms like a damn spider monkey,...but one day,...one day,...I'm gonna eat a fuggin' cracker again.

I know that it'll turn me into Jabba the fuggin' Hut,....but one day that won't matter.

I'll eat it anyway.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

440 members (007FJ, 1badf350, 10ring1, 17Hunter, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 48 invisible), 1,519 guests, and 1,161 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,988
Posts18,520,103
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.