Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by ConradCA
The police can arrest you for warning people about cops with a speed gun. Why can't the arrest these crooks on the same basis? If you arrest them then they can't work for the bad guys while their in jail.

They can arrest them.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by eyeball
It would be nice to fire a 50 cal. Their direction.

That's not gonna solve it either.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The police can arrest you for warning people about cops with a speed gun.

That's against the law in California?

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave

Travis

You solve problems one at a time.

NRA Lifetime Member
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
The police can arrest you for warning people about cops with a speed gun. Why can't the arrest these crooks on the same basis? If you arrest them then they can't work for the bad guys while their in jail.

They could be, but you have to find them and put the cuffs on them. This is where the lack of resources, and properly deployed resources comes into play.
Then the prosecutor has to play along (The U.S. Attorney in this case) and the U.S. District Courts have to play along. Both of these entities have their own agendas and their own set of rules of engagement.
The US Attorney's Office is, as you know highly political, and the US District Courts are filled with judges who are appointed for life.

Most of the spotters are illegals as well, so they have already committed one crime.
The problem lies in DC, plain and simple. It's not that they can't be stopped, it's that they WON'T be stopped, and it is not the agents on the ground who are making that decision.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by 17ACKLEYBEE

Travis

You solve problems one at a time.

Ok.

Travis

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by ltppowell
The police can arrest you for warning people about cops with a speed gun.

That's against the law in California?

It is in Alaska.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864

They could be, but you have to find them and put the cuffs on them. This is where the lack of resources, and properly deployed resources comes into play.
Then the prosecutor has to play along (The U.S. Attorney in this case) and the U.S. District Courts have to play along. Both of these entities have their own agendas and their own set of rules of engagement.
The US Attorney's Office is, as you know highly political, and the US District Courts are filled with judges who are appointed for life.

Most of the spotters are illegals as well, so they have already committed one crime.
The problem lies in DC, plain and simple. It's not that they can't be stopped, it's that they WON'T be stopped, and it is not the agents on the ground who are making that decision.

Ed

And even if they did arrest them, they'd be replaced and on a different highpoint within four hours. And even if you burned that entire crew and route, they'd just move over to another route.

People don't seem to understand that all the arresting, and prosecuting of criminal organizations are not going to stop the flow of contraband and people. It is big money. Lop off the head, grows right back.

The Berlin wall was what? 65 miles or some schit? Mines, vehicle barriers, floodlights, machine guns, watchtowers... All that schit that Joe Iowa says he wants to see along the southern border. And people STILL made it to the other side. So if you ever wanna take a stroll along the border from the Pacific to Brownsville, TX please do come back and explain to me how you are going to go about "securing" or "sealing" the border.

It ain't gonna happen. You need to make the schit hole, not a schit hole, or eliminate the possibility for jobs.

Travis

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by curdog4570
How many times have I made THIS statement on this forum?

"The border can ONLY be secured on the SOUTH side of the Rio Grand as far as the 1200 miles of Texas border."

I'm more certain of that now than when I first made the statement.

At 5:30 AM today, I left a large ranch where I've been doing some work lately. It is , as the crow flies, about 40 miles North of the ranch I hunted on for several years. THAT ranch was 8 miles off the River, and became a drug smuggling corridor during the 12 years we leased it.

They walked the dope from the river,thru "our" ranch, and two more ranches and they were at HWY 90. The BP ceded everything south of HWY 90 to the cartels years ago, and focused on catching them when they made contact with the pickup car on the Hiway.

Evidently they had some success, because now the corridor extends up North to the ranch where I've been working lately. They pick the dope up on a county road now about 30 miles South of Ft. Stockton.

Understand that I'm talking about ONE corridor for drugs. The only one I have first hand knowledge of. I'm sure there are dozens more in the Trans-Pecos.

Invade Mexico?

WHY THE HELL NOT?

No body seems to want to address this.......... so I will.

The BP agents I know ALL agree on one thing; dealing with border's security properly requires that you separate the elements into TWO parts.

The "true wets", those who come to work here, can be dealt with by administrative actions of one sort or another. The Bracero program of the 'fifties worked well, for instance.

The smugglers, whether dope or some other commodity must be dealt with using "overwhelming force". And therein lies the problem.

"The border is like a tube of toothpaste". That's the common analogy, and as far as I can tell it's an accurate one.

The fact that the "Cartels" still use mules to walk the dope into the interior of the U.S. seems to indicate that we have been somewhat successful in policing the POE's.

If we were to build and man a fence along all our land border with Mexico, we would squeeze all the traffic to the Rio Grande. Because the "border" is the middle of the river, we would have to cede our riverbank to the Mexicans.

If we did that from Del Rio, Tx. to the Gulf of Mexico at a tremendous expense to us, but not an impossible task, we would squeeze them into the Trans-Pecos. THAT's where we would need the "overwhelming force".

Remember the Vietnam statement regarding the villages?

"We had to destroy it to save it".

Same thing.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Prosecute the schit out of the people providing the work, so that it is no longer available...

Travis

Going to have to get some politicians in that will not ONLY prosecute the employers, but will also quit trying to sign up illegals for free food stamps and health care before they even cross the border.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Even if we build it, Gene, we still have to man it and keep the criminals from crossing over or under it.

Again, it comes back to what I said earlier. Resources. The idiots, and I'm being generous there, in DC will not allocate the resources.

There are a lot of miles that we could fence that we have not, and a lot of miles of fence that are under-patrolled.

Ed

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Crap sakes, there's DOORS cut into the fence with locks on the Mexican side.

....as well, panels that slide vertically, and can be jacked up with a high lift jack.

Areas where these features are found are typically called out as "Too dangerous" to patrol.

Some friends, just back from Organ Pipe Natl. Monument, were told repeatedly, by any number of various Fed "Agents" there that the areas they were riding in were 'too dangerous' for them to be out there, "too much Crime",....etc.

[bleep]' pathetic, the shape things are in, and agreed we'd BETTER do something, and bloody quick.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Greg is absolutely correct. The technology is no good without boots on the ground. There is a ranch that has 40 million in dhs infrastructure applied there. Steel wall, cameras, sensors,roads etc. In the last year 29 vehicles made it through either the 10 0r 13 foot wall to the hiway three miles away UNDECTED. 40 million spent on 10.5 miles of border fence and they can't catch even one of 29 vehicles most of whom dropped their load at the hiway and drove back to mexico.
I challenged the head of the Joint Field Command [DHS] to a contest yesterday. I said that another rancher and i could sit in lawn chairs with our binoculars and catch more illegals than all his agents,cameras,sensors etc. He did not respond to the challenge at all.
Fred

Fourth Generation Border Rat
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The only practical way I see to deal with this is:

1. To put enough US troops (100K would be a good starting number) to give us a numerical chance at plugging the holes, routes, and crossings.

2. Go after ANY business that hires illegals. Shut them down, seize and auction all their assets and jail at a minimum of 10 years at hard labor the owners and other company officers responsible for hiring

3. Eliminate all anchor baby provisions and cut off all public assistance/social programs to illegals.

4. Inform Mexico that if they fail to secure things on their side it will be considered an act of war and will be dealt with accordingly.

5. Consider all the drug cartels as primary terrorist threats and go after them with the same force and ferocity as we do AQ and the Taliban. Also, inform any nation that harbors or supports the cartels that they will be considered state sponsors of terrorism and all diplomatic ties, trade, and aid from the US will immediately cut off.

Military action will be mounted against them if necessary.

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Fred,

That's my point. Resources include the boots on the ground.

You wouldn't build a fence to keep your cattle in and then never ride it, why does DHS think they can do the same?

Thus my suggestion that we aggressively stop these bastards.

Reactive just doesn't cut it. It's the old adage "When seconds count, the police are just minutes away".

Realizing that they can't be everywhere at the same time, that's where additional sensors, cameras, and communications comes in.

Driving around in bright white trucks with broad, bright green stripes on them, never getting out until you think you see something, is not the way to catch people on foot. frown

Being stationed miles away from your area of responsibility is another failed technique.

That would be as effective as traffic cops waiting at the police station, hoping to catch red light violators across town.

I can think of a number of ways to improve both the capture ratio and the deterrent factor and it doesn't require a Congressional hearing or a visit from the bureaucrats in DC.

Ed

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Driving around in bright white trucks with broad, bright green stripes on them, never getting out until you think you see something, is not the way to catch people on foot.

Those big white Whales,....the new jacked up Suburbans BP is using ?

They can't even turn the bloody headlights off. Bone stock "Safety" configuration, on all the time.

Really sneaky, and well thought out, what ?

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by hillbillybear
The only practical way I see to deal with this is:

1. To put enough US troops (100K would be a good starting number) to give us a numerical chance at plugging the holes, routes, and crossings.

2. Go after ANY business that hires illegals. Shut them down, seize and auction all their assets and jail at a minimum of 10 years at hard labor the owners and other company officers responsible for hiring

3. Eliminate all anchor baby provisions and cut off all public assistance/social programs to illegals.

4. Inform Mexico that if they fail to secure things on their side it will be considered an act of war and will be dealt with accordingly.

5. Consider all the drug cartels as primary terrorist threats and go after them with the same force and ferocity as we do AQ and the Taliban. Also, inform any nation that harbors or supports the cartels that they will be considered state sponsors of terrorism and all diplomatic ties, trade, and aid from the US will immediately cut off.

Military action will be mounted against them if necessary.

I like the way you think grin

I would add that putting the troops on the ground should be done without ANY prior notice or fanfare. No press releases, nothing that would tip off the folks on the other side.

Once they are starting to deploy, give the Mexican government 24 hours to contain their side or face sanctions.

There would be a tremendous cry from the companies that have facilities in Mexico and those who benefit from trade across the border, but, sometimes you have to shut something down to fix it. It would take bigger cojones than anyone in DC possesses right now.

Ed

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by crossfireoops

Those big white Whales,....the new jacked up Suburbans BP is using ?
They can't even turn the bloody headlights off. Bone stock "Safety" configuration, on all the time.
Really sneaky, and well thought out, what ?
GTC

About as stealthy as a D9 Cat in a WalMart parking lot. sick

Ed

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
First item on the way to fixing the problem?
Elect people who want to fix it.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Tracks
First item on the way to fixing the problem?
Elect people who want to fix it.

We have a winner! Second step would be to put the bureaucrats (non-elected types) in DC and the state capitals on notice that it is no longer business as usual. That includes grant administrators, rule makers, permit approval departments, and logistical support departments.

Let them know that they don't run this country, the citizens do.

Ed

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

447 members (1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 1Longbow, 17Fan, 12344mag, 57 invisible), 2,805 guests, and 1,263 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,112
Posts18,483,398
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.