Page 1 of 2 1 2
rob p Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Oh, the excitement!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

My Mom (behind the walker)and a couple Aunts sleeping. Nurse #1 had probably just left for the day. I'm in the kitchen making chocolate chip cookies and blueberry muffins. My Brother's dog is either "guarding them" or waiting for one to fall. That's Lacey, rescued from the dog pound and now my Brother's new best friend. Note the floral plastic tablecloth!

[Linked Image]

I invited some of my little friends over for dinner. This is the second batch I cooked this morning too! To properly fix a bunch of lobsters, you've got to fill the sink with water and dissolve as much salt in it as you can. Put the lobsters in and they'll poop. Then you can get on with it.

[Linked Image]

Eight minutes in boiling water for chickens. I cut the bands off first, because I think they flavor the meat if you leave them on. You'll get a moist {soft boiled) lobster you can actually chew. The claw and knuckle meat is pretty soft usually but too long and those tails will toughen up and the folks can't chew all that well! I could eat them shell and all with my caveman teeth but I like them on the tender side of firm myself.

[Linked Image]

A quick ice bath to stop the cooking.

[Linked Image]

Pretty close to perfectly cooked lobster. Again, floral plastic bowl! There's some weird style here.

[img]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff37/puckett93/IMG_20130511_170542_zps603f0328.jpg[/img]

Lobster, French fries, and chocolate chip cookies for Mother's day dinner. Tomorrow, since lobsters are still $4.99 a pound and I've got 2 tails in the fridge, it's lobster rolls. The traditional toss in butter and a toasted hot dog bun. Good stuff.

"I didn't get the sophisticated gene in this family. I started the sophisticated gene in this family." Willie Robertson

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
$4.99 a pound? Damn, that hurts. Oh well, good on you for the dinner, your gueast look real excited!

Sean
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
You're definitely one of the good guys Rob!

Good job. Stay on it.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The cookies, muffins, and lobsters look delicious! Your mama definitely raised you right. You're a good man.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Good job

IC B2

rob p Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Thanks. I'm just trying to keep everyone happy. No one's getting out much anymore so it's nice to have fancy food, sweets, flowers... I put up two bird feeders this week outside their bedroom windows to give them something to look at, and I planted a bunch of flowers. Interestingly, wild asparagus is growing all over the place and we've got that in vases too, waiting to get enough for a meal. That and the poinsettias from Christmas make quite the decor! You can tell that old people and one not so old that visits the place know nothing about style.

"I didn't get the sophisticated gene in this family. I started the sophisticated gene in this family." Willie Robertson
rob p Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Anyone count the muffins! A couple didn't make it and they're the jumbo "Texas Size" muffins. I'm so ashamed!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Texas size is a good thing.

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Well Lacey looks to be about 2 muffins larger to me. grin

Always blame it on the dog. Always! whistle

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

rob p Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I blame the dog when I pass gas!

IC B3

rob p Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
That dog would have to be built like a bagpipe to account for all I've blamed her for.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Cooked Lobster for Mother's Day..? Now I feel like a heel... wink

Kidding,..nice job Rob..

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
That salt trick is that same I was on crawfish.

Good on you for taking care of your mom and aunts.

Last edited by websterparish47; 05/11/13.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Good on ya Rob....but telling me 4.99 a lb for lobster is torture.... cry

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Ya know, that is nice to see the old people get attention. They don't get much from young generations. I gave my mom a back rub and a dozen free range eggs though. She gave me 50 bucks for my birthday. I made out I guess.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Rob's lovin' it...

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
rob p Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
The supermarket down the street ordered 60 cases of lobsters and they're still $4.99 today and any left are going down to $3.99 tomorrow. I'll buy some more and pick them for meat. I haven't made Fra Diavolo or Lobster Scampi in a long time. Mom is going to the doctors for an EMG Wednesday and we should have another nice dinner. She ain't gonna like it. I had it done, and knowing her fear of needles! She's going to need some consoling.

Aside, my Brother brought her a cake today... The smallest cake I have ever seen. Not a cupcake, but a two tier cake no more than 5" in diameter. Cheapy Cheap.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by rob p
Oh, the excitement!

[Linked Image]

That's a real nice Mother's Day gift you provided the ladies with.
Your first picture and description cracked me up so much, I LOL'ed for real! And even though the pic was taken on the before MD, the calendar is still set to May 8th.
Not that it matters much when you're retired, so I've heard grin

Have an A1 Day!
rob p Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
It's still on the 8th today!

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by calikooknic
$4.99 a pound? Damn, that hurts. Oh well, good on you for the dinner, your gueast look real excited!
freaking yanks get our oil and gasoline cheaper than we do in texas. smirk grin

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

119 members (1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 2ndwind, 10Glocks, 2500HD, 22 invisible), 1,633 guests, and 983 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,242
Posts18,485,916
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.