Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
K
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
reading alot anout stabilizers and lookingfor one for my bowtech assassin. heard good things about stealth. anyone use these?? also looking at doinker or octane

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Octane is a different way to spell junk. Doinkers are good stuff. Expensive but good stuff. First off... a stabilizer's job is NOT to quieten your bow or reduce noise yada yada yada. Its sole purpose is to help keep your bow in the "moment" so you can deliver an arrow on target. If it quietens your bow or reduces vibration thats a bonus. Most folks run too short a stab with too little weight. For quality stabs look to Doinker or B Stinger if you just have to have a media hyped brand name. Others to seriously consider are Dead Center Archery, Paradigm, Posten, or Bernies Control Freak.

Crossed Arrows Archery LLC
Authorized Obsession Bows Dealer
Custom Strings/Tuning
www.crossedarrowsarcheryllc.com
Black Eagle Arrows Pro Staff, Montana Black Gold Shooting Staff, Dead Center Archery Products Shooting Staff
K
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
ill look into those u listed. ive heard good about the posten. still looking at the stealth tho ive read alot of great reviews on those

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Youll be hard pressed to find Posten. They do show up from time to time on archerytalk.com and ebay. I have 2. A 10" woodsman and an 8" slim jimzz. Who's reviews are you reading? Outdoor writers? TV users? Beware of mass print reviews and compensated endorsers. Again...stay away of gimicky products. And remember what a stab is used for. Anyone that tells you its for quieting a bow or reducing vibration is full o schitt. Those properties are added bonuses from good design and quality materials. But as the name implies-it is to stabilize the bow

Last edited by 280Ackleyrized; 05/12/13.

Custom Strings/Tuning
Black Eagle Arrows Pro Staff, Montana Black Gold Shooting Staff, Dead Center Archery Products Shooting Staff
K
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
for stealth i was mainly reading feedback feom users on archerytalk and different forums. didnt realize posten stopped making stabilizers

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Long story on Postens fall from grace. But when you can find them, jump on em. Quality stuff. Oh, id avoid Stokerized stuff too. There is a reason AT classifieds are full of them. Another "gimmick" product with fancy packaging and a catchy name thats not worth the steep price of admission.

Custom Strings/Tuning
K
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
if i cant find a posten which would u suggest?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If just have to have a mainstream brand, 8-10" B Stinger with rubber node and adjustable weights. Otherwise, Dead Center Archery Dead Silent Hunter, Vendetta Archery' Enforcer, or one of Bernies Stabs. DCAP has Bowjax on their stabs and adjustable weights. The bowjax can be added to the Vendetta and Bernies stabs. Its all about stabilization first. If you want to kill vibration, most of which will come from your string, get a ktech string stop.

Custom Strings/Tuning
K
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
im not worried about a name brand. i just want a good quality stabilzer. gonna look at those dead center archery ones and the others as well.im new to archery. ready to fix up this bow and start shootin

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
killindeer you need to get into a pro shop and start trying equipment. Everyone is different and not many bows set up the same. So what works for me may down right suck for you. Forget names and worry about what "FEELS RIGHT TO YOU".

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
MCH has a point. I can only suggest quality components. I know whats good stuff and what to stay away from. As for specifics you need to get to a pro shop. IMO bass pro and cabellas do not count as pro shops.

Custom Strings/Tuning
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Being new, I would just forget the stabiliser for now. I shot about 30 years before I used one and I only have it on one bow. I'm not sure it improved anything for me.

There are plenty of things to focus on, stabilisers are not a priority. Get shooting first and see how it feels.

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Yes Bass Pro, Cabela's, Dick's, Sportsmen Warehouse, and the likes are NOT Pro Shops.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
K
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
o i know. teres an archery shop i know fairly close by. ill go there and c what they got

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

470 members (160user, 1Longbow, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 1lesfox, 163bc, 41 invisible), 2,456 guests, and 1,154 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,331
Posts18,526,685
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.