Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
JPro Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Quick internet search says he won't die, but power-squirts may be on the way. Wife left the box on the patio table when unloading the car. Lucky her, as she just left for "girl's night out". I get to keep an eye on him this evening. tired

I've got leather furniture and hardwood floors, but Jasper ain't coming back inside until he's had a few meals run through him. Just a risk I'm not willing to take. Dumb S.O.B. ate 97 packets, paper and all.

You guys ever had a dog do something like that? Every time it's happened to me, it's been with a puppy. Jasper is about 8mos old now and 60-65lbs, but still acts quite the idiot. I did have another pup that age and size (half lab, half Dane), and he made himself miserable by eating an entire catering tray full of coleslaw. Looked like he ate a beach ball and smelled like his azz had been possessed by the devil. Cabbage, mayo, and dog guts don't go well together. But at least he didn't live in my house and sleep on the sofa.....

Now with even more aplomb

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
He will be chitin' Twinkies pretty soon. With the shortage, I bet you could sell them to some pot heads.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm glad he's watching his carbs.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
"Dumb S.O.B. ate 97 packets, paper and all."

at least he got some fiber with it.....

I had a dog that pulled stunts like that...He lived to be 12

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Had a lab that once ate a bacon grease covered brillo pad

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

IC B2

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Sorry but just the title alone has me ROTFLMAO. Last week a popsicle stick and now this. TFF.

Hope he's okay.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Good luck with you pooch!

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Had a lab that once ate a bacon grease covered brillo pad

Well, he sure should have had a 'bright' smile after that!!
Hey, JPro, what is that dog, part goat? He sure like to get a variety of fiber doesn't he?

Last edited by Darrel; 05/21/13.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I know for a fact that 5lb bag of C&H Sugar will give even a large dog the squirts! Good luck.

Help keep our sport going. take a kid outdoors!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Had a dog that ate a rock...that came with an expensive vet bill.

Other digestive studies included: SOS pad, athletic tape, and tin can with grease.

I must be a bad dog owner because my dogs seem bent on suicide.

Quando omni flunkus moritati
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I also gave one a t-bone for a minute and it swallowed the whole thing. Late that night the dog shot mud about 10 feet out the door of her kennel.

Quando omni flunkus moritati
M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
In a about 2 weeks time last summer our boxer ate 3 corn cobs shortly after we had eaten the corn off and then a pound of butter with the wax wrappers. It was ugly for a couple days after each occurence but she was fine. Coat seemed pretty smooth and shiny after the butter episode!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yea. Let us know how everything..........umm..........comes out. sick

Actually.......I don't want to know. Hell. You might come up with some kind of great hog bait invention. Feed him some strawberry jello and splenda. See if that works.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Let your wife know that some artificial sweeteners can be deadly to dogs. A small amount of Xylitol will shut a dogs liver down permanently. Glad he will be alright other than a little digestive tract cleansing.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 86thecat
Let your wife know that some artificial sweeteners can be deadly to dogs. A small amount of Xylitol will shut a dogs liver down permanently. Glad he will be alright other than a little digestive tract cleansing.

Killer deadly, or so I've heard.

For future reference:

In cases like this, and other canine poison ingestions,.....

Drench the critter with off the shelf Hydrogen Peroxide, If caught within a coupla' hours, the victim WILL puke most of the ingested material back up.

Follow with Activated Charcoal, and for anti-coagulants, some vitamin K.

Read this twice, call in the morning,.... send $$ to my home address.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I wouldn't be so worried about now as I would long term and cancer.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Feed him a couple of boxes of cake mix (sounds like you don't even have to take it out of the box with this living vaccuum cleaner, although it would be a good idea!), then have him play "roll over" for ten minutes or so. Have him run up and down a hot street, and bingo! cupcakes for the neighborhood.

JPro Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I asked him if he wanted to eat a jug of instant coffee to go with the sweetener, but he only drinks decaf....

Big storm blew through last night, knocking out power, snapping trees, so I had to bring him inside after all. Unbelievably, he did not paint my house brown. I did feed him a bowl of dog food and 3 slices of bread before sticking him in the backyard for 3 hours, so maybe he got it out of his system before the storm hit. That should teach us to leave any food-related items where he may get them. Also found that he chewed the wiring lights off my utility trailer. Wife bought him a soccer ball last week, but he popped it and scattered pieces all over. I knew labs were like this, but he's giving them a run for their money. The huge rawhide bones last a few days at most. Worst I ever saw was a Catahoula Cur / terrier mix I had that would chew golf balls to shreds. Why, I have no idea.....

Now with even more aplomb
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
u need a kong ...the black one.

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
My wife thought it was a good idea to feed the dog some shrimp for dinner. Schit all over the house, up the wall, on the baseboards...

After cleaning up the house I locked him in the garage all day yesterday. He schit all over the garage floor but at least it was an easier clean up. Took him for a walk last night at midnight, still schitting. I think the wife finally gets the "no human food!" which I have been repeating for 3 years.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

127 members (35, arky65, 240NMC, 10Glocks, afisher, 12 invisible), 1,520 guests, and 802 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,601
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.