Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by mudhen
The only ticket I ever received while living in Colorado was for driving on I-25 with my tailgate down. Don't remember if it was illegal just on the interstate, or everywhere.

There are a couple of pickups here in our little community without tailgates--they fell off while the owners were running with them down and are so banged up that they will no longer close. On one truck, one of the cables held, and the tailgate did quite a dance before the owner got it stopped!

I had one fall off on a ford, it wouldn't stay latched and popped off then it was so bent the pivot points barely held it in

�The constitution of the United States asserts that all power is inherent in the people, that they may exercise it by themselves, that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed!� � Thomas Jefferson

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by krupp
Human smugglers prefer the tailgate up so you can fit more illegals in the bed.

Only for larger illegals....with the smaller ones you can get another three rows of them sitting on the tailgate, more profit.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Seriously, who gives a $hit? We all, or most of us anyway drive full size gas hogs, myself included. I'm not small and I don't like cramming my wide a$$ into a mid-size. I like full size trucks/SUV's! I am perfectly willing to pay more at the pump for comfort and functionality. Maybe that's just me.

Mike

Know fat, know flavor. No fat, no flavor.

I tried going vegan, but then realized it was a big missed steak.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BOWHUNR
Seriously, who gives a $hit? We all, or most of us anyway drive full size gas hogs, myself included. I'm not small and I don't like cramming my wide a$$ into a mid-size. I like full size trucks/SUV's! I am perfectly willing to pay more at the pump for comfort and functionality. Maybe that's just me.

Mike

Bingo. I didn't buy a 3/4 ton 4x4 diesel for fuel economy.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Here's the best stat...keep it up...sooner or later you will back into something with the tailgate down and ruin it. Ever notice how many truck tailgates you see out there with nice round pole dents in em'

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

IC B2

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Originally Posted by cra1948
How can anyone in good conscience drive around with their tailgate down anyway? What if some of your valuable stuff or your kids or your dog falls out?

or if it is raining, your wife. All good rednecks put the dog up in the cab when it rains, and the wife in the back. smile

My wife refuses to ride anywhere in my truck. My dog, unlike my brothers' sissy-ass golden retrievers, never gets to ride in the cab.

Mathew 22: 37-39

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
We have a Dodge 4 door long bed. My wife LOVES it. She doesn't really like to drive it but she sure likes the comfort and size of it.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
With the tail gate down, my truck accelerates faster and get to speed faster.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I believe its been proved the most economical is to have a tonneau cover fitted over the bed.....

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
UP.

Gunner

Trump Won!
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BOWHUNR

Mike

no chit, im just over 6 foot and i hate most cars......the lil thing we had to rent when going to Kates graduation last week really sucked, not made for guys like me to get in and out of and i didnt even have a winter coat on....i like my truck.....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I seem to recall on that myth busters episode they found that no tailgate at all was the best gas mileage.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rattler

no chit, im just over 6 foot and i hate most cars......the lil thing we had to rent when going to Kates graduation last week really sucked, not made for guys like me to get in and out of and i didnt even have a winter coat on....i like my truck.....

Heh.
Same here.

I take my longbow when vehicle shopping.

We will both fit comfortably.
And that is our final answer.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
throw in a pair of worthless knees and it makes it even worse.....only had the car for a day but was very happy to drop the SOB back of at Hertz....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Why do I get a big smile reading your posts on this thread?

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by isaac
Why do I get a big smile reading your posts on this thread?

cause your easily ammused.........that or you picture me taking a face plant in the back of that truck......its prolly one or the other...

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
It wasn't funny until I was 100% sure you were ok.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

JAP Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
My damned beer cans roll out with the tailgate down.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by isaac
It wasn't funny until I was 100% sure you were ok.

thats far from the worse spill ive taken cause of my damn knees....the entertaining ones are when they hyper-extend unexpectedly.....those usually involve inventing a bunch of new cursing combinations and me crawling around on the ground...

Darla thought i had lost my mind the first time it happened cause i was just stepping up into the truck and when i put my weight on the left leg it popped backwards....had to grab on to the steering wheel to keep from hitting the ground and then pull myself up to get it to pop back into place...Darla thought i had suddenly developed Tourettes....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I can't tell any difference on my truck. Oh, wait, tailgate down delivers me from the clutches of the overhead tollway camera, I'm savin' $$$$

smile

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

562 members (10gaugeman, 1936M71, 1minute, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 69 invisible), 2,384 guests, and 1,350 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,685
Posts18,494,008
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.