Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Fair is doublespeak for Marxism, kinda like social justice. I never heard of any Americans giving their all for that. LIE!!! Damn LIE!!!!!

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ravenr2
The Anti-Christ...

He is way to stupid to be the Anti-Christ..... Just a minion.... An unspeakably vulgar one.... But just another one of Satans little helpers.....

My theory is that in the grand plan of things his role is to provide contrast between the darkness and the light..... If you have not chosen sides yet... Now would be a good time to do so IMO. This is not a dress rehearsal.

Please don't feed the trolls!
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I cannot, nor will I, watch the Azzhole-In-Chief... Only time I wanna see that pos is when the moving trucks are loaded and his sorry azz is finally OUT of the White House....

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
The traditional American conception of fair is that the government is prevented by law from tipping the scales one way or the other, thus treating everyone alike. The Marxist conception of fair is that the government monitors people's progress in life and tips the scales this way and that to ensure equal outcomes for everyone.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by RMulhern
Tour the burial sites adjacent Normandy beach, France has 11 American cemeteries, the most of any other country. Belgium has three, the United Kingdom and Italy, two, Luxembourg and the Netherlands; roughly over 125,000 US Servicemen who gave their lives and that's not counting all the other conflicts we've been involved in. If we could magically bring back to life all those guys and bring them home to see what this country has done to itself....they'd all probably wish they'd never gone to war supposedly to 'save' this nation!!

I'm glad my Dad didn't have to witness it!!

Excuse me? Is the above intended to claim that AMERICA, suffered the most combat deaths and wounded soldiers in the European Theater?

If, so and no disrespect intended to our brave American allies, who were such a vital and most welcome major part of our final victory over Nazism and who did the most to defeat the satanic evil of "The Rising Sun"; but, the greatest number of war cemeteries AND of those who lie therein are ours and we of "The British Commonwealth", lost FAR more men in combat than the USA did.

I can understand the American attitudes on "Memorial Day" and feel much as you do on our "Remembrance Day" of Nov. 11, but, in "The Great War" alone, Britain suffered as many or more combat deaths of service personnel than the US has in all of it's wars from 1775 to the present.

Canada, alone, a nation of 7.5 million, lost 67.000 men in combat and 173.000 wounded in 1914-1919 and that is almost .25 million. We lost 47.000 combat dead in WWII from a population of 11.5 million and I cannot now recall the number of wounded.

Our Australian brothers suffered even worse than we did and all of the "Old Commonweath" together lost about 1.2 million in combat deaths in WWI.....we have a "few" cemeteries, in Europe, too........

Lest We Forget.....ALL of our heros of The Allied Forces.........

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You're right of course kute, but since the USA was the big dog then because of her industrial strenth, and population enough to provide overwhelming nunbers and a hell of a lot better publicity you will just have to excuse us for kind of forgetting about you other folks. It is a pity but that is the way it is/was.
I am not saying it is right because you folks started bleeding a lot quicker then we did in both WWI and II but that is just the way it is. You will also have to admit that if the USA had not come in IF you all could have won it in the end it would have taken a hell of a lotlonger and you all would have been bled a lot whiter than you were.

Quando Omni Moritati
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by bea175
That would depend on what your definition of fair is. To Obama fair is some lazy person sitting at home getting a check and not doing anything to contribute other than voting liberal. To conservatives fair is personal responsibility, a small government that doesn�t control our lives, and the chance to make it by your own blood, sweat, and tears. Taking care of the poor and lazy should be the job of charities and not some wasteful bureaucracy. This idiot has no clue what freedom or sacrifice is.

bea175 - You are so right on with this. You nailed it man!

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by kutenay
Tour the burial sites adjacent Normandy beach, France has 11 American cemeteries, the most of any other country. Belgium has three, the United Kingdom and Italy, two, Luxembourg and the Netherlands; roughly over 125,000 US Servicemen who gave their lives and that's not counting all the other conflicts we've been involved in. If we could magically bring back to life all those guys and bring them home to see what this country has done to itself....they'd all probably wish they'd never gone to war supposedly to 'save' this nation!!

Excuse me? Is the above intended to claim that AMERICA, suffered the most combat deaths and wounded soldiers in the European Theater?

If, so and no disrespect intended to our brave American allies, who were such a vital and most welcome major part of our final victory over Nazism and who did the most to defeat the satanic evil of "The Rising Sun"; but, the greatest number of war cemeteries AND of those who lie therein are ours and we of "The British Commonwealth", lost FAR more men in combat than the USA did.

I can understand the American attitudes on "Memorial Day" and feel much as you do on our "Remembrance Day" of Nov. 11, but, in "The Great War" alone, Britain suffered as many or more combat deaths of service personnel than the US has in all of it's wars from 1775 to the present.

Canada, alone, a nation of 7.5 million, lost 67.000 men in combat and 173.000 wounded in 1914-1919 and that is almost .25 million. We lost 47.000 combat dead in WWII from a population of 11.5 million and I cannot now recall the number of wounded.

Our Australian brothers suffered even worse than we did and all of the "Old Commonweath" together lost about 1.2 million in combat deaths in WWI.....we have a "few" cemeteries, in Europe, too........

Gee, seems as though he was referencing cemeteries adjacent to Normandy Beach, not an overall statement. Stick to hockey..

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Pogue mahone!

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
You would have to move your head first............grin

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B3

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by Boggy Creek Ranger
You're right of course kute, but since the USA was the big dog then because of her industrial strenth, and population enough to provide overwhelming nunbers and a hell of a lot better publicity you will just have to excuse us for kind of forgetting about you other folks. It is a pity but that is the way it is/was.
I am not saying it is right because you folks started bleeding a lot quicker then we did in both WWI and II but that is just the way it is. You will also have to admit that if the USA had not come in IF you all could have won it in the end it would have taken a hell of a lotlonger and you all would have been bled a lot whiter than you were.

No question and not the essence of my comments, here. The Great War was largely "won" by the time any US forces actually saw combat, but, their presence in large numbers, even as under-equipped and poorly trained as they were, had an effect on Von Ludendorff, that certainly influenced his decision to go to the Kaiser,as he did, and tell him that it was over and they HAD to surrender.

We were winning in WWII, but, we certainly could not have invaded the continent of Europe, without the US and I think that we would have lost Australia and New Zealand to Hirohito's gang were it not for "Dougout Doug", who was right in his strategy there over Nimitz and Aussie general Blamey. As with Patton, McArthur, tended to shoot from the lip a bit more than he should have, however, he did some things in the Pacific for which he deserves a lot of credit as do all who served there.

Churchill, was a very wily old guy and he knew full well the limitations of the Commonwealth and was most keen to get the US into the war. Once, that happened, he said later,that he knew we would win and there is NO question that the US entry made that happen to an extent that we alone could never have accomplished.

All of that said,we are all back in it, now and this weird war with Islam is going to be as bad as anything we English-speaking peoples have ever experienced. How can you deal with raving lunatics in smelly dresses?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kutenay

I see UK lost 384,000 and US lost 417,000 in WWII, and that appears to be what mulhern's talking about. Am I missing something?

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
I specifically referred to COMBAT deaths and the USA lost about 292,000 servicemen. The UK lost as above as the methodology for calculating these horrors differs among nations and if you consider my comments concerning "The British Commonwealth" as I posted them, then, my point is made clear.

Anyway, it is not about "competition", merely to point out that as BCR said, sometimes others are overlooked. I do NOT want to have this turn into some squabble at this time of year, we all own all our vets too much for that,eh.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Obama: Our Veterans Sacrificed To Make America �More Fair�

Is that really what happened on any level?

Snake

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Who does that little ass wipe think he's fooling.

NRA Lifetime Member
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Man, I LOVE this as it is the ONLY site where guys can talk as we actually DO, without some power-tripping "mod" beaking off about whatever!

...Little asswipe...YUP and a used one at that!!!

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Actually he gives asswipes a bad name.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by Redneck
I cannot, nor will I, watch the Azzhole-In-Chief... Only time I wanna see that pos is when the moving trucks are loaded and his sorry azz is finally OUT of the White House....

Or the team of Clysdales dragging his sorry carcass to the clay.

Gunner

Trump Won!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

589 members (16penny, 10gaugeman, 1936M71, 17Hunter, 163bc, 1234, 67 invisible), 2,098 guests, and 1,195 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,827
Posts18,496,576
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.