Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
I need a traveling case that will hold two guns. I am considering the Pelican 1750. If I go with this one do I have to cut out for each specific gun? At times I may carry either two shotguns or two rifles. Do I have to buy new foam for any combination I may pick? I may change the guns I use or the combination. It seems like I could buy a lot of replaceable foam.

Is this the best choice or is there something as good but more versatile?

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I invested in one of the heavier gauge metal double gun cases from Cabela's. Bass Pro has em' too. It's a good traveling case and has a long metal rod that goes through the clasps on the front, which can be padlocked...and a heavy duty hinge that goes across the back. It's more sturdy than the plastic cases that I've seen.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have an ICC. The last I knew the cases from Cabelas that antlers referred to were made by ICC and came with an ICC warranty card inside. These are great cases, well worth the money.

http://www.icc-case.com/

A government, to afford the needful protection and exercise proper care for the welfare of a people, must have homogeneity in its constituents.

-Jefferson Davis
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ten years ago I got a Browning double gun case that I was later told was made for them by Pelican. I'm real happy with it. I've used it in both one and two rifle mode. Has 3 layers of foam and the middle one gets cut out for your gun. Had mine set up for one rifle. Just had to go to a place that sold fabrics, foam, etc. and get another piece of foam to cut out when I wanted to put two rifles in it. That was in 2006 and I've heard the foam prices are up quite a bit since then. If you get the Pelican you should be good. It's been my experience that just about anything that says "PELICAN" on it is first class stuff.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I have 2 pelican cases that the military uses.

He has cut the foam for his nvgs,binos and rifle in one case.In the other i got some foam from a Gibson's store and just place my 2 rifles in between.

They work well and are tough to boot.

IC B2

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I have a Pelican case that my son gave me after his last (final) deployment. He had to "hitchhike" back and forth to the middle east on military flights and carry his own weapons and equipment with him. This case met his safety and security requirements. It is one rugged piece of luggage. If the one you're looking at is anything like the one I've got, I seriously doubt that you'll be disappointed. The foam layers are pre-cut into little blocks that you can remove in the shape of whatever you want to put in. The foam also compresses enough to just squeeze stuff in.

Mathew 22: 37-39

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by 22250rem
. If you get the Pelican you should be good. It's been my experience that just about anything that says "PELICAN" on it is first class stuff.

Yep. I ve got several smaller Pelicans and they are all top notch. Very good products.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Pelican is what the military uses and seems like a good case for the amount of money. It is what I will be buying shortly for future trips.

U
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
U
I have the 1750 and have been very pleased with it, I think it's well worth the money. Have had it for probably 4-5 years, so it's been through 10-12 airline trips and they haven't been able to trash it yet. Can't say that about my last 2 travel cases (one metal, one "plastic"). I just cut the middle layer of foam for two scoped rifles. Have carried 2 rifles, rifle and shotgun, rifle and 2 handguns. As long as you don't glue the middle layer to the bottom layer, it's pretty easy to just put your gear in the spaces. Guess you could buy a few extra middle layers to truly customize, but I haven't had any issues. You will need padlocks with a longer hasp than the standard. Found that out the hard way on the first trip with it!

Kurt

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Bought a 1750 3 months ago...did perfect on my trip to SA last month...took the thin middle foam piece out and just packed around the two rifles...not a scratch and both were still locked on sight wise after the trip. Would do so again. Yeah it's heavy but it works.JMO

IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by USMC2602
I have the 1750 and have been very pleased with it, I think it's well worth the money. Have had it for probably 4-5 years, so it's been through 10-12 airline trips and they haven't been able to trash it yet. Can't say that about my last 2 travel cases (one metal, one "plastic"). I just cut the middle layer of foam for two scoped rifles. Have carried 2 rifles, rifle and shotgun, rifle and 2 handguns. As long as you don't glue the middle layer to the bottom layer, it's pretty easy to just put your gear in the spaces. Guess you could buy a few extra middle layers to truly customize, but I haven't had any issues. You will need padlocks with a longer hasp than the standard. Found that out the hard way on the first trip with it!

Kurt

Thanks, exactly what I wanted to know. I didn't know if the foam was so stiff it had to be very precise in it's shape to each gun or if you just needed a cut out that would conform to similar guns.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I have a Pelican and really like it!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Pelican without a doubt! I've made about 25 airline trips with mine W/O a hitch. Yes, they are heavy especially with two guns in them, get the one with the wheels.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

475 members (16penny, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 11point, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 61 invisible), 2,739 guests, and 1,255 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,386
Posts18,469,642
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.