Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by mart
Back in my military days, way back in time, I considered a tat. After enough liquid courage (about half a wine cooler), I approached the tattoo shop. I wanted to get MOM across my bicep but the tattoo artist looked at my skinny little arms and said' "you might get MO there". grin By then the effects of my over indulgence in alcohol had worn off and wisdom prevailed. I remain tatless to this day.

I was shearing in Tasmania in the 80's and went into Launceston to a tattoo parlour and had my blood type and a Tasmanian devil inked onto my inside left forearm, and probably because I was shearing and my skin was moist and covered in lanolin I had no scabbing or ink bleeding.

I have never been inclined to get another and very rarely even remember it is there...but every now and then it catches my eye and it refreshes memories from that time.

Lucky I did not get one on my arse, for the damn thing would be 6x the size by now.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by hatari
Originally Posted by 40O
Never had a problem with the guy with a tattoo on his arm, or the girl with a little butterfly somewhere. However, the new fashion is to have large and numerous tattoos to which I have a visceral negative reaction that I don�t understand. It is a blind, mindless reaction that comes from some primeval part of me that says the person is sub-human. I suspect this reaction is similar to the way bigots react to people of color, homophobes react to gays, ets.

You have a visceral reaction because someone with large and numerous tattoos is broadcasting a message. You don't like the message. That message can be any or all of the following:

- I have absolutely no respect for my body

- I hate my parents

- I hate society, probably because I've never fit in anywhere, and now I can fit in with other freaks in the same boat.

- I'm a non conformist, and I hate your world and your society. This is my way of giving all of the establishment the finger.

- I want to advertise that I'm I'm into to sex, drugs, and rock and roll, but not into responsibility. I call it "body art" because I don't want to dwell on reality that this is all self abuse and self mutilation.

- If my emotions start to run to the extreme, after tattoos, I will pierce everything. that will piss you off more and make you uncomfortable around me. I like when people are uncomfortable around me because it gives me a sense of power.

Well done Jeff.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Tattoo = old Indian word for bad decision maker................................................................................................................. smile

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I have more tat's than I can count.
Ted nugent -cat scratch fever -black sabath paranoid -VH -hank jr country boy can survive -beer drinkers hell raisers -women I've dated names -tammy -dee dee - Lorene -donna --motoX forever -live to ride ride to live -Yosemite sam on my lower back says -back off.
That 7" tarantula might be my next tat..
They all look a lot better when i'm in good shape -back in the 80's Roids were easy to find and of coarse I was a lot younger .
The tats looked totally cool when I was huge -tanned and having the time of my life -i'll post pictures soon if anybody is interested.
Mike :]

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sakoluvr
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
Originally Posted by Sakoluvr
I think trying to analyze the what, where or why of a tattoo is not anybody's business. And no, I do not have one or care why others do or don't.

If it's flaunted in public (and those that I see ARE!), then being intrigued by it is my right.

So also is having an opinion about it my right.

Being curious about it doesn't automatically mean judging it.

Anyone who's flaunting a tat in public must be ready to bear disapproval as well as approval.

Being open-minded doesn't require having a hole in your head.

But by far the most emphatic impression is that tattoos seem to be the only life-time commitment that today's youth take-on readily!

Everything else seems to be This for today, something else for tomorrow.

If that ain't judging a group of folks, I don't know what is.

Obviously.

Obviously, any comment that isn't approval or admiration is "judging" � which both approval and admiration are, come to think of it.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

IC B2

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by WyoCowboy
I really don't have a problem with tattoos but stupid decisions are just that. There is a guy in town, mid-20's unemployed and his face is tattooed up like a clown. That's just stupid in my mind and unemployable. But what seem even dumber is the people with all the weird piercings, the giant holes in there ear lobes or the spike coming off there chin. I just don't get it. My goal in life is to leave with no more holes than I was born with.

Jesus H! Could it be possible our "town clown" moved or there is some oddly related reason more than one freakin idiot did that? I schit u not.......

Of course we also have a guys who dresses like Elvis.....but I digress. smile

Bob

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
I have "Eat at Joe's" tattooed on my pecker.

Girls always laugh at it until they see that it really reads "Eat at Joe's Restaurant and Lounge, Albuquerque, New Mexico. Dinner Specials Nightly".

Heard the same with "Wendy" and the "long version" being, "welcome to Jamaica and have a nice day!" smile

Bob

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GeoW
Words for the wise... If your wife has tattoos, do not post pics of them on the Campfire and ask the group, "What do you think of my wife's new tattoos?" �

"Wanna see where I got my breasts tattooed?" Babe asked Beau on their first date.

"Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!" drool, pant, slobber

"Coupla blocks down the street, around the corner from the bank."

"Good enough" isn't.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Henry McCann
I spent ten years as a funeral director...all your tattoos will eventually look like blotchy stains on your skin. Of course you won't care by then, but there will be some time before you do die, that no one will have a clue what your tattoo is supposed to represent.

I've never noticed that, but I've noticed that they all appear to eventually become blue.

(Is mentioning that observation also "judging a lot of people?")

"Good enough" isn't.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Is it possible to post even a neutral observation or curiosity about tattoos that won't be judged to be "judging" people?

"Good enough" isn't.

IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle

But by far the most emphatic impression is that tattoos seem to be the only life-time commitment that today's youth take-on readily!

That does not apply to *all* youth.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Is it possible to post even a neutral observation or curiosity about tattoos that won't be judged to be "judging" people?

Doesn't matter---judging is just using your ability to think for yourself.

If you don't stand for something you'll fall for anything, may apply here...in my judgment..

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Bristoe has a tramp stamp from the 70,s.
It is a picture of a gerbil on his lower back and says enter here.

I'm pretty good at drinking beer
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
grin grin grin grin

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My opinion about a tattoo......is everybody should have one!!!!!!

[Linked Image]

If 'ya can't put hot sauce on it, it ain't worth eat'n....

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bulletbutt

Doesn't matter---judging is just using your ability to think for yourself. �

That's the rather bland, neutral, literal, denotative sense of the term, all right � but the pejorative connotative sense is usually the way that it's used in this context on this forum.

denotative sense � what the word literally means, by definition
connotative sense � what it calls to readers' minds, in context

"Good enough" isn't.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

look up!!!!! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ wink smile

If 'ya can't put hot sauce on it, it ain't worth eat'n....

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
IIRC, the "judge not" and the "be judged" in Matthew 7:1 are translations of two discrete words � the first one meaning "appoint yourself judge" or "decide according to your own private criteria," and the second one meaning something like "sentenced justly."

"Good enough" isn't.

Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
Tats and piercings are really cool! Just don't expect a job at my company if they are visible above your neck line.

Mike

Know fat, know flavor. No fat, no flavor.

I tried going vegan, but then realized it was a big missed steak.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by BOWHUNR
Tats and piercings are really cool! Just don't expect a job at my company if they are visible above your neck line.

Mike

Same goes for tats on hands...and am I the only one that feels the urge to pinch those metal do-dads between thumb and forefinger and reef them out of the skin/nose/eyebrow/face?

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

516 members (10ring1, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 19rabbit52, 49 invisible), 2,299 guests, and 1,208 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,507
Posts18,472,321
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.