Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Salmonella
[Linked Image]

someone once told me if they owned Hell and Texas, they'd opt to rent out Texas and live in the other place. wink

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Yeh, it was pretty hot today. I did not do my daily bike ride this evening. It's 100 on my back porch right now as I type this (9:53 pm) It won't go below 90 until probably 3 am.

I wish I could be one of the snowbird that I cuss!

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
82.6 F here,.....

LOVE the High Desert !

lemme go find a sweater before I catch a chill.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I miss the mescan accent, think you can repost that?

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Ees berry , berry wongerful, ang cool ryig now, and we feexing nice comida.

joo not trying screw weet me, arg joo ?

Dees days, my "Fuse" chort,.....

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Lmfao! That's the scheit..

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Its Bush's fault.

Go tell the Spartans,Travelers passing by,That here,Obedient to their laws we lie.

I'm older now but I'm still runnin' against the wind

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Just checked the current temperature here in Tucson. 4:22 am Saturday 92 degrees! First time this year it hasn't cooled down at night. Just a few days ago the low was 70. Supposed to be 109 today.

We were shooting yesterday and quit around 10:30 am with temp of 104.

It isn't too bad unless you have to do physical labor IN the sun. In the shade it is tolerable but you have to be drinking lots of liquids.

I don't envy Dennis in Phoenix!

We are very close to having the monsoon beginning! Looking forward to some rain for our quail. Big hatches this year and we should have some good hunting this fall provided we get some rain soon.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
it's 91 right now in phx, and the sky looks kind of monsoony. Switched off the swamper yesterday, and went to a/c, couldn't take it any more. On the other hand, my wife is in prescott right now where it is 78 degrees.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Rode my bike this morning. Some other obligations kept me from leaving until 9:30, I made most of my loop but about 2/3s of the way through the heat just killed me. Stopped at my daughter's house to cool off. Was 106 when I got there. I won't be worth a chit all day!!

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Just back from fighting a grass fire. Was 113 when I left, that thermometer was in the shade.....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Hey Jeff! Cool off and try to relax a bit. SIL and I just came in the house off the fenceline. 111F here. But cooling!!! Down to 108 now.....

We had a fire over a little west of us yesterday. Mebbe 6 miles! You be careful!

Bob

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
BOTH of you be careful! Old guys like you are really susceptible! grin

Seriously, Jeff, I'm glad you are out there, willing to fight fires, even in that kind of heat, but PLEASE take care of yourself!

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Thanks Ed! I'm done for the day. Just a little to finish in the morning. Come see me sometime. Miss you!

Bob

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Will do, Bob. Give my best to your lovely bride!

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by rost495
Just back from fighting a grass fire. Was 113 when I left, that thermometer was in the shade.....

I hated fighting fires in full bunker gear in temps above 90. I hope you guys have the wildland gear/Nomex that we got eventually. Stay safe.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
And "The Warden and I are luxuriating in Northern IL, where the high today was 64, as far as I can tell.
They've had more rain the last 2 days than I've had in NM all year!
Enjoy that dry heat" for me guys - I miss it! NOT!

Mark

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
113 is what the car read as we were driving to my brother in laws house in Marana.
I used the water hose on the dog this morning to help keep him cool. He liked it.
Seeing some clouds now but i suspect they are just teasing us.

Kique

Enrique O. Ramirez
CLAN OF THE BORDER RATS - Member

"..faith is being sure of what you hope for and certain of what you do not see.." Hebrews 11:1
M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
An even 100 degrees here in and around Boise, ID right now.

Jim
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Originally Posted by rost495

I hated fighting fires in full bunker gear in temps above 90. I hope you guys have the wildland gear/Nomex that we got eventually. Stay safe.

We even just got new gear a few months ago, not a jumpsuit but tops and bottoms.... you can vent a bit there at least. We took care of todays mostly out of a truck for knockdown though I had to grab a red line and run a bit on foot to get it away from a barn when we first got there. It was just a few feet away already.

What I don't care for all summer is wrecks. I refuse to wear my wild land gear thats rated for extrication. Too many times we go and on the way it turns into a vehicle fire also.... so I grab my bunker gear and gear up full on regardless.

OF course thats not as bad as a house fire, but then we dont' have those very often. Only had one minor one this year, dryer fire we got out instantly. But we do have a lot of wrecks on Friday and Sunday evenings due to traffic going back and forth from Austin to Houston mostly.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

530 members (1beaver_shooter, 1234, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 160user, 57 invisible), 2,404 guests, and 1,253 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,380
Posts18,488,556
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.