-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
There is no question that he put time and effort into this knife. His knife captures the spirit of the Bowie knife. The profile of the blade, brass guard, natural handle material, and large size scream Bowie knife. You show that knife to anyone and they will say "Bowie knife". There are many knives out there labeled Bowie knife and they often do not look like a Bowie knife to me. I didn't need to look at that knife twice to know what it was. You now own a handmade Bowie knife. I hope you enjoy it.

Squawsach
GB1

P
PSH Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
P
Thanks for the comments Squawsach, and I agree. I've looked at a lot of "bowies" that just didn't have the "look" IMO. When he showed me the pics of this one, I felt the same way, "that's a bowie".

The smallest is on the way and I'm hoping to have it by Wednesday. It'll probably be next week, but I will post a pic or two of it for folks to have a peek at if they're so inclined. Then I'll figure how I want the medium one scaled. Problem I have now is, he wants some more stuff of mine and I just don't know how many of the knives I need, lol.

As far as enjoying it, I hadn't been this excited to get something in the mail for a long time. I've been packing it around for days, and the wife has even gotten mad at me, saying, "you're obsessed", lol. That comment right there tells me I've gotten my money's worth, lol.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It is a nice looking piece from the new set of pics, i like the brass liners.

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -Will Rogers

"If you have a lot of self control you don't need a lot of government control" - Thomas Sowell
P
PSH Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
P
Thanks Kirk. Yeah and the pics don't do the brass liners justice. In person the brass really makes that ivory pop.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by PSH
Thanks Kirk. Yeah and the pics don't do the brass liners justice. In person the brass really makes that ivory pop.

I also liked the brass liners on your knife. I have used brass liners only once and they had the same effect. They provide a lot of contrast between the different materials in the handle.

Squawsach
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Very D.H. Henry-esque design. Nice....

P
PSH Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
P
Ok, got the smallest of the group and finally found some time to post a couple of pics. I will say that when I first got it, it wasn't what I was expecting. When it arrived I looked at the 6 inch blade and thought, that would be a pretty nice hunting/field knife. I liked the blade design and size. Then I took hold of the handle and if it had another inch on it, it would be perfect for that. However, with a 3.5 inch handle, it's just too short for me. However, if you look at it for what it is, about a 1/2 scale bowie, it's just about perfect. I guess over the course of the week that I have had it in hand, it has kind of grown on me if I look at it that way. Will I use it, probably not, but it would certainly look very good in a display.

Now the question is, for the middle sized one, what do I do, ivory on it as well, or change it up and go with buffalo or sheep horn for scales????? I'm having a helluva time deciding. Either way, I think they would all look pretty cool together on the wall in a shadow box, but I just can't make up my mind, lol. Pics to follow and again, please feel free to voice your opinion, good or bad.

P
PSH Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
P
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

499 members (219 Wasp, 222Sako, 17CalFan, 1234, 1_deuce, 1badf350, 50 invisible), 2,391 guests, and 1,117 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,455
Posts18,529,080
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.