Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Atheists are just like fuggin' queers. A tiny minority that behaves like children and tries to be as offensive as possible to the majority. In this case, a bunch of azzholes from New Jersey causing trouble in Florida. I hope someone takes a front-end loader to their "monument."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/06/30/atheists-unveil-monument-by-ten-commandments/?test=latestnews

Last edited by ColKlink; 06/30/13.

A government, to afford the needful protection and exercise proper care for the welfare of a people, must have homogeneity in its constituents.

-Jefferson Davis
GB1

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
My religious beliefs or lack thereof notwithstanding,we as a nation have been greasing the squeaky wheels of a LOT of minority organizations way too much for way too long....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ColKlink

You're nothing but a loudmouthed, foulmouthed sanctimonious fool who's too stupid to get your point across without resorting to the aid of a string of profanities.

Atheists are just like fuggin' queers. A tiny minority that behaves like children and tries to be as offensive as possible to the majority. In this case, a bunch of azzholes from New Jersey causing trouble in Florida. I hope someone takes a front-end loader to their "monument."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/06/30/atheists-unveil-monument-by-ten-commandments/?test=latestnews

Pot,.meet Kettle...

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444

You're nothing but a loudmouthed, foulmouthed sanctimonious fool who's too stupid to get your point across without resorting to the aid of a string of profanities.

Pot,.meet Kettle...

Wrong. I was on the defensive responding to an unprovoked attack, the atheists are on the offensive just like you are.

A government, to afford the needful protection and exercise proper care for the welfare of a people, must have homogeneity in its constituents.

-Jefferson Davis
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't know, seems fair to me. They declared the area a 'free speech zone', which allows any group that wants to put up a monument to do so. Much better than just knocking down the one monument.

I'm a Christian but I realize that this country is about freedom for everybody. It doesn't bother me one bit if you are atheist, gay, jew, hindu, redneck whatever. As long as your freedom doesn't impose on anyone else's freedom you are living within the design our founding fathers so brilliantly set up.

My 2 cents and I know a lot won't agree with me.

IC B2

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I take people by their own admissions and what they believe in.

So if you don't believe your rights are God-given and inalienable, based on the founding, you really don't have them. By your own choice....not any kind of imposition.

This country was never founded on any kind of premise that "all cultures are equal" and any adherence to such idea is the basis for "equality and fairness" and the re-distribution of wealth and property.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Needs a paint job, and y'all need to learn how to 'ignore'.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Perhaps a CAMPFIRE get together is in order for Starke, FL. This is a damn sight more important than a hog hunt or any other get together for that matter.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Everyone has the right to freedom of religion, that includes not having a religion. There is however no right to freedom FROM religion. I have no complaints that people dont want to believe in god, that is their choice. But to continually attack those of us who do, and to presume that somewhere in the constitution, there is written some seperation of church and state, is assenine, and quite frankly pisses me off.

That said. They are legally free to put the bench there. We are free to piss on it as we pass it by

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I liked the other guy -- Eternity is a long time to be wrong....

That right there was funny, and true.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Don't you wonder who really paid for that or if it's another POS paid for with our tax dollars.

I think a good rod and about a 12 pound sledge could make quick work of that crap.

Last edited by 17ACKLEYBEE; 06/30/13.

NRA Lifetime Member
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by HawkI

So if you don't believe your rights are God-given and inalienable, based on the founding, you really don't have them.

LOL. I have my rights under the US Constitution and the fact that I have the skills to defend them.

I am 100% against waterboarding. Splatter their brains out the back of their heads.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Tombo

So if you don't believe your rights are God-given and inalienable, based on the founding, you really don't have them.

LOL. I have my rights under the US Constitution and the fact that I have the skills to defend them.

However, our constitutional rights originated. From english common Law which if i remember are deemd to have come from God

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Conceding the point that you are right about everything, why can't you just shut up and let them go to Hell?

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
An organization of atheists strikes me as some sort of a wry irony � a contradiction in concepts.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I find atheists and believers who push their agenda equally annoying.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by Tombo

Yeah, LOL. You have your rights because you are an individual; that works well in Mecca, especially with your skills and all.

Don't worry, that whole Constitution thing diminishes along with people who actually believe in it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gitem_12
to presume that somewhere in the constitution, there is written some seperation of church and state, is assenine...

I thought your Constitution did seperate Church and State in some mannor?

I was under the impresson it was to avoid the situation we have over here whereby we have a state endorsed religion (CofE) headed by the ruling monarch?

I appreciate some folks are trying to erase any sort of reference to God in relation to anything connected to the State and I am not endorsing those extremes, just asking a question about your Constitution...

Regards,

Peter

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
First Amendment to the constitution

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution

So to answer your question, it does Pete

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by nathanial
I find atheists and believers who push their agenda equally annoying.

I hope that you're not one of those who think that to believe is the same as to have a driving mission to force everybody else to believe as we do. Can you tell the difference? Can you tolerate sharing and discussion? Or does any mention of our beliefs offend you?

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

159 members (257 roberts, 320090T, 1OntarioJim, 6mmCreedmoor, 7887mm08, 3dtestify, 15 invisible), 1,050 guests, and 951 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,092
Posts18,522,137
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.