-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 31 of 116 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 115 116
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The most important and unknown fact in this trial has to do with menstrual cycles.

That's the wild card.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by plainsman456
If he had have went to a bar he would not have run into him either.

Sometimes stuff happens.

Being on neighborhood watch could preclude going to a bar... or would the neighbors feel just as secure with Z bellied up to a bar?

Would have no problem with Z living in my neighborhood.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Word is he could have a partnership tomorrow if he would assume LPE's liabilities as well.
Him and Isaac could be partners.....

They could start a business selling vacuum sealed hand guns,ammo,nun-chucks and flash lights. wink

And fishbait!

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Originally Posted by djs
Tell you what boys, this nightmare makes it all the more difficult for one to carry, much less use a firearm to protect oneself. If even in Florida with one of the supposed best personal defense friendly states gets you into this much trouble, I think I'm staying home and become a recluse!

Jorge - it does make one re-consider the consequences of (not so much carrying, but) standing your ground. Regardless of who is right, the shooter looses (legal costs, possible imprisonment, social rejection,etc.). Something to think about.

That is precisely why any Firearm CCW instructor worth his sale should ALWAYS tell you the best option is to LEAVE which incidentally that is EXACTLY what Zimmerman was doing, LEAVING and going back to his truck before that criminal intercepted him and confronted him. He had no options then.

Exactly! Avoidance, If possible should Always be your first option!

Last edited by chlinstructor; 07/04/13.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Question for lawyers -

I see that the judge has allowed evidence of Zimmerman's interest in being a cop and his college legal classes regarding "stand-your-ground. If Zimmerman's past history is allowed, why is Martin's past history (violent acts, etc.) being excluded?

What is the legal basis and is it correct?

IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Z said he didn't know anything about "stand your ground"....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The Stand Your Ground law has nothing to do with this case. Hasn't been raised by the defense.

I'm better when I move.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by lauren
Then it must be murder 2.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it's natural manure. - Thomas Jefferson
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Lol. I think he should. Having on staff a failed police cadet and washout from law school could be very beneficial. I mean even small offices need maids
TRH is not a "failed police cadet" or "washout from law school". He applied for a job as a policeman and took the tests, etc., scoring high. He was about to go for training and some judge ruled that there weren't enough minorities that were cops. The tests were somehow weighted then to favor minorities and one was hired instead of TRH. He was told he'd be hired after the quotas were filled. He then went to college and was in college a year or two later when he received the call to come for cop training. Being busy with college, he declined. As to law school, TRH is a graduate thereof but has never sat for the Bar.

Anybody who has been around here and paid attention knows these stories as they have been related several times. You don't like TRH or some of the stuff he posts, that's fine. It's also fine to slam him if that's your thing. But if you're going to do so it would be good to get your stories straight so you're not repeating lies. Just some free advice, freely given.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
That is why nowadays if I need to REALLY go somewhere where I need to carry, I think twice before going anymore. Now if my wife is with me then I'll carry and take the grief to protect her, otherwise I just don't go. I'm telling you guys this Zimmerman case is a game changer and I still think they'll hang a manslaughter conviction on him as a "compromise" not knowing that here in Florida that might as well be 2nd Deg conviction.
While I hope your prediction for the outcome of this trial is wrong, I fear it will be right. The very right to defend oneself is in jeopardy here.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
That is why nowadays if I need to REALLY go somewhere where I need to carry, I think twice before going anymore. Now if my wife is with me then I'll carry and take the grief to protect her, otherwise I just don't go. I'm telling you guys this Zimmerman case is a game changer and I still think they'll hang a manslaughter conviction on him as a "compromise" not knowing that here in Florida that might as well be 2nd Deg conviction.
While I hope your prediction for the outcome of this trial is wrong, I fear it will be right. The very right to defend oneself is in jeopardy here.

I think Jorge has it scoped out right. I believe GZ was dealt a winning hand, but couldn't resist the urge to better it with a little embellishment. Even women jurors may be suspicious of a pat hand.

Take away the media attention and this case has zero implications for our right to defend ourselves.

Can anyone point to any legal ramifications resulting from the Simpson trial, for instance.

BTW.. good to see you back on the forum.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D

Yes, he said this on Hannity's show, but his college instructor said they'd cover the subject in class and Z got an A. Maybe he was asleep during this part of the class? Or, maybe he was trying to make himself look better - I don't know.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by djs

Yes, he said this on Hannity's show, but his college instructor said they'd cover the subject in class and Z got an A. Maybe he was asleep during this part of the class? Or, maybe he was trying to make himself look better - I don't know.

I don't even live in Florida and I've heard of their stand your ground law.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Can anyone point to any legal ramifications resulting from the Simpson trial, for instance.

The Simpson trial made me not trust the legal system at all. I watched every bit of it that I could and there is no way that he was not guilty. He got off because the jury was afraid of riots if they convicted him and this jury, I think, will do the opposite for the same reason. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Why does it matter whether he KNEW about the law or not? It does not change the law!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"Stand your ground" is not the name of any law. It's NOT the label the "Professor" would have used in class.

However....... I still think George lied about not hearing of it.

He will be done in by a few little lies he told which were not necessary to his defense.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by djs
Question for lawyers -

I see that the judge has allowed evidence of Zimmerman's interest in being a cop and his college legal classes regarding "stand-your-ground. If Zimmerman's past history is allowed, why is Martin's past history (violent acts, etc.) being excluded?

What is the legal basis and is it correct?
Prior bad acts aren't permitted as to the defendant for the purpose of showing a tendency to be guilty of the crime charged. Ordinarily, however, they are allowed in with regard to the "victim" if the defendant's defense is self-defense. So Martin's prior bad acts should have been allowed in, but aren't.

As to wanting to be a cop, that's not technically a prior "bad" act, which is the theory under which the prosecution got it into evidence. Defense argued that although it's not a prior bad act, the prosecution wishes to use it as if it were, i.e., to suggest a tendency to insert himself into "police matters," as it were, where he's supposed to be a good citizen and be afraid of criminals, leaving them to the real cops. In other words, they want to introduce it so as to create the impression with the jury that he's some sort of crazy cop wannabe, implying that he was the aggressor, i.e., trying to "make an arrest," or "deal out justice."

The defense was right. The judge was wrong.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by benchman
Why does it matter whether he KNEW about the law or not? It does not change the law!
Exactly. Evidence that he said he didn't on Hannity, but actually did, is not relevant, and should never have come in. Knowing a law doesn't tend to make him guilty of what he's charged with, so it should never have come in due to lack of relevance. The judge is absurdly pro-prosecution.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I never heard the term "stand your ground" until this incident.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
In my opinion Zimmerman used poor judgment,however I do not believe he is a murderer.

Page 31 of 116 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 115 116

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

72 members (300_savage, 7mm_Loco, 35, 10gaugemag, 406_SBC, 10 invisible), 1,707 guests, and 837 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,324
Posts18,526,464
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.