Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
In my next life, I want to be about 5'9", 170 pounds. I want to wear a size 9 shoe and have a little bitty wrench. I'm tired of carrying the load I've carried through this lifetime.

While I am at it, I want to be a fireman. That way, everybody will love me. I don't want to clean up the godawful messes that human beings make out of one another for no [bleep] reason at all, and I don't want to be the one to knock on a door at 2:00 in the morning to tell a set of parents that the kid they sent off to the prom won't be coming home.

Pi$$ on this business of being the police.

I don't want to work nights, weekends and holidays. I refuse to miss my kid's birthday party, my parents' anniversary party and church on Sunday. I want to be one of the folks who depend on someone else to make everything alright.

CT - your so called "brethren" weren't making everything alright. I've seen small accountability towards the militaristic types. I long for the days when a cop was your friend - not an adversary.
Also - I could not handle that job!

Mark

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Seriously thinking about driving the black van full time after I retire. There are so many who need a visit.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
In my next life, I want to be about 5'9", 170 pounds. I want to wear a size 9 shoe and have a little bitty wrench. I'm tired of carrying the load I've carried through this lifetime.

While I am at it, I want to be a fireman. That way, everybody will love me. I don't want to clean up the godawful messes that human beings make out of one another for no [bleep] reason at all, and I don't want to be the one to knock on a door at 2:00 in the morning to tell a set of parents that the kid they sent off to the prom won't be coming home.

I don't want to work nights, weekends and holidays. I refuse to miss my kid's birthday party, my parents' anniversary party and church on Sunday. I want to be one of the folks who depend on someone else to make everything alright.

This.

I would like to able to work 8 to 4 and call it a day. To have days off and not worry about court, training or call outs. Be able to go to my kids after school events with out taking a vacation day.

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Wish those cops received the same justice as the ones in this video.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I guess my comment is more like this. To ALL LEO's who think that this aggressive, excessive force is SOP and okay, how would you feel if this happened to YOUR wife, daughter, son, father, brother, mother, etc. IF they just happened to get stopped for some feeble reason and simply asked a question or two about why they were stopped and then got the living [bleep] beat out of them because that's "talking back to a cop"? The way people travel in this modern society, that is a 'possibility' you know!
IT IS WHAT COPS THEMSELVES HAVE DONE that has so changed society's way of looking at them and what they do. Cops are not immune to the law, but in some localities the law DOES tend to overlook their bullying ways. Respect is NOT earned by bullying or being a smart ass and a badge and a uniform in and of themselves do not earn respect! If cops/LEO's are hated in an area by so many "regular" citizens, then dammmit there is something wrong in that police department!

IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Sounds like to me, in you next life you need to be born a BLACK LIBERAL DEMOCRAT - in the USA! That would be your best start!

That right there is some funny chit!
Happy 4th!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
crimson, first I want to thank you for the sacrifices you have made. next in all sincerity I would ask you as a leo could you see yourself going off on another human being like was shown in the video? if you can see it can you explain why? I've watched leo change from my friends fathers whom we thought where the biggest and greatest men to out of control alien types with a "us and them" mentality. be safe.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So why did you guys become cops? Did you know about the hardships and job conditions beforehand?

That's not a trick question or an in your face challenge, it's an honest question. For instance, I became a computer programmer because I like solving logic puzzles and 32 years ago it seemed like a career with a good future, which it was and still is.

You (all of the cops responding here) became a cop because... ?

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by mark shubert

CT - your so called "brethren" weren't making everything alright. I've seen small accountability towards the militaristic types. I long for the days when a cop was your friend - not an adversary.
Also - I could not handle that job!

Mark

The small but highly important difference lies in the detail of just who calls them my "brethren". My brethren are Peace Officers. We carried groceries for the elderly. We stopped traffic for school children. We answered calls for service at all hours of the day and night and under all weather conditions. We told the truth, even when it meant we might lose a case in court. We held hands with dying children who were thrown out of cars in traffic collisions and we counseled healthy kids who were making bad life choices in the hope we could turn them around.

Not everyone who wears polyester and a badge is my brother. Many on the outside wouldn't know that.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Yeah, dang Coppers are off da chain main,shocked eek cry, their going on report. laugh

I wanna be a jellybean peckered midget next time round too CT. laugh laugh laugh.

Gunner

Trump Won!
IC B3

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by deerstalker
crimson, first I want to thank you for the sacrifices you have made. next in all sincerity I would ask you as a leo could you see yourself going off on another human being like was shown in the video? if you can see it can you explain why? I've watched leo change from my friends fathers whom we thought where the biggest and greatest men to out of control alien types with a "us and them" mentality. be safe.

Deerstalker, I have to be honest. I didn't watch the video. I make no excuses for the behavior of posers and pretenders who hide behind a badge to carry out the grudges they have.

You ask if I could see myself going off against a human being.

The answer to that is yes.

Many years ago, I took a complaint of sex abuse against an 8 year old girl. Her Mother lived with a low life and worked as a cook at a local hotel.

The little girl told me how her Mother's boyfriend made her perform oral sex to completion on him every day when she came home from school, because her mother was still at the hotel working.

Her speech, demeanor and terminology were such that there was no doubt that this child was telling the truth. I immediately went to the county attourney and swore out an arrest warrant.

I then went to his residence and saw that his vehicle was in the driveway. I parked on the road, in sight of the squalid, single wide mobile home and walked around to the trunk of my car before taking off my gunbelt and locking it in the trunk.

My sidearm, my radio and my handcuffs went into the trunk before I walked up the path to the trailer.

The man opened the front door and stood there looking out at me. His first words were, "I saw you put your gun in the trunk of the car, what did you do that for?"

"Randy, I want to kill you so bad, I wasn't sure I could help myself. You have one chance to go get in the back seat of my car before I kill you with my hands."

He walked out barefooted and got in the backseat. I took him to jail and lodged him for the evil he had perpetrated on that little girl.

He was found not guilty by a jury of his peers and the Mother of this child could not leave him, because he provided a place for them to live.

I have no idea if the abuse continued. I never received another complaint about her, but about a year ago, I saw a picture of her. All grown up. With one eye swelled shut and in a mugshot after being arrested for domestic violence.

Maybe I should have killed him. Maybe I should have gone into his house and taken his life. If I had, maybe that kid would have had a chance at a normal life.

These are the things you cannot fix.

There is no "Us vs. Them" in my house. The problem with policing is that you have to hire humans for policemen. None that I know of, are perfect.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Not everyone who wears polyester and a badge is my brother. Many on the outside wouldn't know that.

Did you ever tell one of your 'brethren' to "STOP that!!" and arrest him on the spot and take the handcuffs off of somebody who was being illegally railroaded/rousted????

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Gunner you have such a unique way of putting hard hitting info in such a short strand of words.... Lol

See ya in a week and a half.....

If 'ya can't put hot sauce on it, it ain't worth eat'n....

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by PAMac
Gunner you have such a unique way of putting hard hitting info in such a short strand of words.... Lol

See ya in a week and a half.....

Caust I caint type Main laugh

Got the calendar slapped clean, bring it on Brutha. wink

Gunner

Trump Won!
C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
So why did you guys become cops? Did you know about the hardships and job conditions beforehand?

That's not a trick question or an in your face challenge, it's an honest question. For instance, I became a computer programmer because I like solving logic puzzles and 32 years ago it seemed like a career with a good future, which it was and still is.

You (all of the cops responding here) became a cop because... ?

Jim, I became a Trooper because my Grandfather, my hero, and the best friend I ever had, thought that Kentucky State Troopers were the pinnacle of law enforcement.

He's gone now, but as soon as I realized that he was of that opinion, my life's course was mapped out. Everything I did from about the 7th grade forward was geared in that direction.

I wanted to be a Trooper with all my heart. I was blessed to earn that title and later, to supervise Troopers.

There is no way to know all the the hardships and challenges of this job before you live them. You may be told of them and you may read about them but you have to live them to understand them completely.

It has been a good career for me. I have raised a son and fed my family. I am about to retire with a piddly check at age 41. I'll likely be looking for some other kind of employment, but I am not to proud to look for a job and I have no regrets about the life I have chosen.

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by gonehuntin

Did you ever tell one of your 'brethren' to "STOP that!!" and arrest him on the spot and take the handcuffs off of somebody who was being illegally railroaded/rousted????

My wife, who retired last August, was involved in the arrest of one in our agency, just before she retired. He was out of line and his federal prison sentence reflects the same.

I have also served an arrest warrant on a Trooper I trained in the academy.

You don't hear of these things. They don't make YouTube.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No matter what job you hold, its hard to tell when its time to get out, move on, take a break. I respect the men who can keep it together, the ones who know when its getting to em, pitty the ones who didnt, and loathe the ones who get a kick out of hurting people. It has to be an extremely tough career.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

My wife, who retired last August, was involved in the arrest of one in our agency, just before she retired. He was out of line and his federal prison sentence reflects the same.

I have also served an arrest warrant on a Trooper I trained in the academy.

You don't hear of these things. They don't make YouTube.

It would make a world of difference if The People knew about these matters.

Good luck on your retirement. Open a bait-'n-tackle shop?? Low stress, you meet fellow outdoorsmen, and everybody understands if you hang out a "Closed for Hunting" sign on the first day of deer season!!

Last edited by gonehuntin; 07/04/13.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
It seems it is sort of a catch 22. If these stories make the news, they seem to be validation for those who think the police are dirty, rather than seeing that we will police our own house.

There seems to be no way to win in this day and time.

R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
love you joel

FJB
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (10ring1, 12344mag, 1234, 10gaugeman, 160user, 007FJ, 53 invisible), 2,202 guests, and 1,247 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,255
Posts18,486,341
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.