Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 36 of 116 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 115 116
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by KevinGibson
I still see a good chance that Zimmerman can end up with a manslaughter, either voluntary or involuntary depending on how the case goes. Zimmerman really put himself in a very compromised position, so proving 2nd degree murder is a bit of a stretch. But I don't think it's too hard to prove one of the manslaughters. I don't see this ending well for Zimmerman.

And just how long would you think Z should have allowed his head to be slammed into the concrete before you would accept a self defense (stand your ground) plea?

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by 496
Has the Zimmerman Trial become the gossip thread of Campfire?

Yes. If I were a moderator, I'd merge all of them into one topic.

We need more threads about the government's burying its scandals which is what is most important in these times.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by isaac
Wonder what Zimmerman's defense attorney was trying to accomplish by persisting with the issue about the amount of marijuana found in Trayvon's toxicology test?

I've always been led to believe that marijuana had the effect of making one docile, more laid-back, and if anything, much less prone to any aggressive, combative behavior.
===================

Is that a serious question or are you speaking TIC?

Nope,... no "TIC" intended.
Seriously meant as a serious question.
I'm not and never have been student of law and don't pretend to be one, although I am finding it interesting,... that's why I asked the question.
Any serious input will be appreciated.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Ever heard of a mean drunk?

it can happen with weed as well.

I have known a few guys that i would not be around when they were smoking.

Some folks just can't mellow out.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
What it proves is that Treyvon wasn't the innocent little Skittles toting choir boy the media painted.

I still find it hard to believe just how pro-Negro the media has become.

IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by plainsman456
Ever heard of a mean drunk?

it can happen with weed as well.

I have known a few guys that i would not be around when they were smoking.

Some folks just can't mellow out.

Thank you very much, sir!
I am somewhat surprised too because that's pretty much opposite what the pro-marijuana bunch claim.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Can the ME testimony be struck as he kept referring to "Trevor" Martin?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Do any ME's speak English any more?

Maybe the Charlie Chan accent gives them some cred.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I still think GZ is toast..

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
There actually is something called THC psychosis, but it doesn't matter, because even though the ME changed his opinion, the judge is still disallowing any toxicology testimony.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
IC B3

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I realize it is minutia, but what does that "RTL" stand for?

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
is it me or does the prosecutor look like this guys twin brother.

[Linked Image]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Dennis_Rader_booking.jpg

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think he will do some time and I think it is right that he does.
========

Absurdly emotional and not even close to being premised within the testimony provided or the realities of this case.

Testimony can be believed, or disbelieved, based on logic and experience. Are you saying that emotions are the sole factor in deciding which testimony to believe?

Zimmerman fits just as neatly in his "cop wannabe" box as Martin fits in his "aspiring young street thug" box.

Martin being on top of Zimmerman seems to be a fact established by a credible eyewitness.

Zimmerman sustains injuries appropriate to a schoolyard fight between two 16 year old boys.

Zimmerman shoots Martin and the path of the bullet is consistent with the position established by the eyewitnesses testimony.

For all the events between Zimmerman's phone call to the cops, and the appearance of the eyewitness, we only have Zimmerman's statements.

I believe it is more likely than not that he lied about Martin's words;" You're gonna die tonight", and I doubt Zimmerman could have succeeded in drawing and firing his pistol if Martin had discovered its existence.

This would be my state of mind as a juror at this stage of the trial. If GZ chooses to take the stand and convince me of his credibility, I'd be open minded.

As a juror, I'd opt for a conviction on something short of murder.

If the question is simply;" Was Zimmerman in fear of death or great bodily harm at the time he pulled the trigger?"

I'd say he probably walks out of his house with that fear every night. That's why he's a wanna be cop.

Would a reasonable man in Zimmerman's position have that fear?

Why, Hell no.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by stxhunter
is it me or does the prosecutor look like this guys twin brother.

[Linked Image]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Dennis_Rader_booking.jpg

This guy looks more like Jack Nicholson's bro.

Hang on to your memories; they're better than the real thing ever was - Joe Sherlock

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I

Why, Hell no.
=============

Absurd.The inquiry is not whether you (juror) think it was reasonable the inquiry is (as a juror) whether GZ reasonably believed he was in fear of serious harm.

Last edited by isaac; 07/05/13.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Defense is asking for dismissal but it almost sounds like he's asking for or leaving the door open to a lesser charge instead of dismissal of any & all charges.

Not an attorney but I would have thought he would have gone after it a bit harder.

MM

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by curdog4570
I think he will do some time and I think it is right that he does.
========

Absurdly emotional and not even close to being premised within the testimony provided or the realities of this case.

Testimony can be believed, or disbelieved, based on logic and experience. Are you saying that emotions are the sole factor in deciding which testimony to believe?

Zimmerman fits just as neatly in his "cop wannabe" box as Martin fits in his "aspiring young street thug" box.

Martin being on top of Zimmerman seems to be a fact established by a credible eyewitness.

Zimmerman sustains injuries appropriate to a schoolyard fight between two 16 year old boys.

Zimmerman shoots Martin and the path of the bullet is consistent with the position established by the eyewitnesses testimony.

For all the events between Zimmerman's phone call to the cops, and the appearance of the eyewitness, we only have Zimmerman's statements.

I believe it is more likely than not that he lied about Martin's words;" You're gonna die tonight", and I doubt Zimmerman could have succeeded in drawing and firing his pistol if Martin had discovered its existence.

This would be my state of mind as a juror at this stage of the trial. If GZ chooses to take the stand and convince me of his credibility, I'd be open minded.

If the question is simply;" Was Zimmerman in fear of death or great bodily harm at the time he pulled the trigger?"

I'd say he probably walks out of his house with that fear every night. That's why he's a wanna be cop.

Why, Hell no.

Wow.

Is there another Zimmerman trial that is being covered/discussed because the trial I am keeping up with does not match the facts that curdog is relating?

Montana MOFO
T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Lawyers, why did the defense allow the ME to come in with a change in his "OPINION" based on a case 3 weeks ago. As if every trauma to the heart is the same as another. No question about the victim's size, the distance from the muzzle to the vistim, the caliber of weapon etc.

I can't believe that they just let this guy go about his befuddling testimony about his recent experience causing him to change his opinion.

I think had the defense pressed on specifics of this recent case, the ME would have been made to look like even more of a fool. I would guess he couldn't tell you what weapon was used, caliber, distance from muzzle, position of the victim relative to the aggressor etc.

Unbelievable.

Montana MOFO
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by curdog4570

So you would disregard the evidence, (or lack of) and make a judgement solely on what your experience tells you about human behavior"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Please list the facts I presented in my post and tell me how they differ from the facts in the case?

Go ahead. There's only three. It won't take long.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Page 36 of 116 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 115 116

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

625 members (1badf350, 16gage, 1moredeer, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 60 invisible), 3,070 guests, and 1,280 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,959
Posts18,519,446
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.