Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Tanner Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I see that Hornady has recently released a "suspend" list- i.e. bullets that will not be produced for a while....

WTF? WHY? Looks like I better buy something in 6.5, my 162s won't last me very long!

75 and 80gr amax

105amax

178hpbt

208hpbt

and worst: 162 A-Max and HPBT.

Linky to original info on SH...

http://forum.snipershide.com/snipers-hide-reloading/199683-hornady-suspend-list.html

GB1

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Ah [bleep], looks like I better keep my 155 scenars if I can't get the 162 a max!!! mad

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
One could assume that the demand for other bullets is higher.

Could be a good excuse to give real VLDs a run and see what you are missing. (Cheesy pun but it made me smile) laugh

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Tanner Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Yeah, I've got to wonder what they're selling a ton of in order to cause that.... I'm guessing a good amount of .22 and .30 cal stuff laugh

May have to give the ol' 168 VLD and 175 SMK a look.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Tanner
Yeah, I've got to wonder what they're selling a ton of in order to cause that.... I'm guessing a good amount of .22 and .30 cal stuff laugh

May have to give the ol' 168 VLD and 175 SMK a look.

I like that idea. There's always good ol Sierra bullets or like John said VLD's...We know how they work for him....I also have some 180gr. National match to burn up and about 700 Nosler 168 match grade bullets as well..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
IC B2

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Looks like this ammo/component shortage is more serious than I thought.

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Could someone who is a member of that forum post those links here?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I almost wonder of they intend to bring out a slightly heavier version of the 162? Such as a 200 to 208 in 30 cal

Food for thought

The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment. � WARREN G. BENNIS
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Tanner, each bullet maker has a limited number of machines with which to make bullets. Every time you change a set up it's less time they are making bullets. Since they can't keep up on the high volume, high demand calibers such as .224 and .308 it only makes sense they will produce less of the lower demand products.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thanks for the heads-up Tanner.

Was planning get a rifle to shoot the 75gr AMAX or 105gr AMAX. This changes everything.

IC B3

RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The list looks like most of the bullets Hornady produces.

I believe this could be a hold on orders for a shutdown, either for maintenance or to move equipment to a new building or location.

It could easily be a hoax unless the dealer has Hornady's fax number recorded.

Dave

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I ran the fax number that is showing on the cover page and it came back to some place in Wisconsin.

I thought Hornady was based in Nebraska. It might be prudent to run this by Hornady on Monday just to make sure its legitimate.

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by hillbillybear
I ran the fax number that is showing on the cover page and it came back to some place in Wisconsin.

I thought Hornady was based in Nebraska. It might be prudent to run this by Hornady on Monday just to make sure its legitimate.

Hornady is in Nebraska. The fax number is for the retailer that recieved it. Although, it's hard to believe something on this scale is going down right now.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Glad I didn't build my 220 swift ackley around the 75 grain amax like I had originally planned to do

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
If you read the letter, the suspension on production of the listed products is for the remainder of 2013. Hopefully that will hold true.

Sounds like they are so swamped they decided to keep the presses running on the most popular stuff, and try to at least meet that market.

Just think about it. Nowadays with so many AR15, AR10, and semiauto 22s, the typical shooter probably expends a lot more ammo than back in the days of mainly bolt action repeaters.

The gun control issues aside, I think the semiauto has really upped our ammo consumption rate and the plants just can't keep up with it all.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
MM I think you are right. hadn't thought along those lines but it makes sense. the guy's I know with the black guns will fire 100 to one of my bolt shots.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I would hear confirmation from Hornady first.

Ernie "The Un-Tactical"

[Linked Image]
http://sebrests-usa.com/
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by xphunter
I would hear confirmation from Hornady first.

+1.

Though if this is true, it shows the folly in putting together a rifle based on the use of one bullet. This same thing happened a few years ago with Wildcat Bullets, and is along the same lines as guys buying 19 calibers.

Fortunately Berger is still cranking out VLDs and Hybrids, while Sierra and Nosler manufacture a large variety of sleek bullets.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Here is a link to the dealer that put this stuff out...

http://www.ciminosgunandarchery.com/index.html

go to their web site and it shows pictures of full stocked shelves all over the place...

I've already sent an Email to Hornady...

i find it funny that Hornady is the only manufacturer that is announcing something like this...they are a big manufacturer in the scope of things, but not that big percentage of the market...

ya look on the list, they are even canning production of their 17 HMR V Max bullets?

bet this is another scam so someone can start trying to price gouge Hornady bullets like they are doing primers and 22 LR ammo...and not by Hornady...

You'd think Hornady would have this posted dominantly on their web site, but they don't...

just took advise from above and just emailed Hornady...

I suspect it is another internet scare tactic...
if it isn't, then as said, things are worse than we thought...

you'd think the Obama Administration and the Justice Dept under Holder are behind this crap...

Last edited by Seafire; 07/06/13.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Well Addendum...

just got off the phone with the gun shop in Wisconsin that this 'fax' is from...Person I spoke with indicated that this came direct from their factory rep from Hornady....

They were indicating that the amount of bullets available to the public is also some to be limited from other manufacturers as well.. to include loaded ammo...

and they are also telling me that even more shortages are being planned by Nosler, Sierra etc.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

532 members (1minute, 257robertsimp, 270cowboy, 1_deuce, 1Longbow, 10Glocks, 59 invisible), 2,433 guests, and 1,261 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,543
Posts18,472,903
Members73,939
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.