Campfire Tracker
B
So, ya'll like them Prvi bullets?

GB1

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Those Serbs, Bosnians, and such have been killing one another for over a thousand years. I guess they know a thing or two about making bullets.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Still laughing!! grin

You're so right. How in the world did we ever kill anything with cup-n-core bullets from non-magnum rifles wearing Weaver K-2.5 scopes without aid of trail cams, battle camo, spotting scopes, scent killers, GPS, and baited food plots?

Somehow we managed, but I don't know how... confused confused

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
I'm waiting for the appearance of the first targeting computer rifle scope, like the ones in the sci-fi movies.

Leopold V8TT (Tech Targeting) 4-200x56mm Scope

POWER: ON
ENTER TIME OF DAY: _:__ (24 hr clock)
ENTER GPS COORDINATES:
GPS LINK: On/Off
INERTIAL NAVIGATION: On/Off
FLIR (Fwd Looking Infrared):On/Off
TEMPERATURE AUTO DETECT: On/Off
BAROMETRIC PRESSURE AUTO DETECT: On/Off
CLINOMETER: On/Off
SELECT BULLET: List
DATA LINK TO BULLET: On/Off
AUTO SELECT MUZZLE VELOCITY: On/Off
TERRAIN: Flat, hilly, Mountainous, Swampy, Forested, more...
SELECT TARGET: Whitetail, Black Bear, Blacktail, Mule deer, more...

Later, when Joe and Bill return to their hunting camp, they select their meal from the automated galley and sit down with an ice cold beer in their Laz-Y-Boys.

"What a tough day! I must have traveled four or five miles on that darn ATV. Thank goodness I was wearing my Bob Alan Auto adjusting Air Cooler Camo suit with the auto inflating seat cushion! It was humid and bumpy on that dirt road! Can you imagine actually walking?"

"My finger is worn to a nub pressing all those buttons on the targeting scope. AND I had to haul out the ATV Recoilless Gun Mount and lock it to the front rack. Honestly, you'd think the dealer would have done that for me!"

"Thank goodness Knosler came out with their newest innovation just in time for the deer hunt. For $299.99 for 25, you can get guided bullets with Auto-Steer Acoustic and Data Linking Technology*."

"They say you spend a lot of money on a hunt, so you shouldn't cheap out on the bullets. It's Knosler Auto-Steers or nothing for me now! Years ago, they actually hunted with something called a cup and core bullet. I don't know whether to believe the old timers or not, but they told me companies put lead cores into copper jackets! That's gotta be BS. How would the bullet know what to hit?"

"Anyway, it's time for me to hit the sack. I'm exhausted. I'm looking forward to crawling into my Vibro-Matic water bed with CCC (computer climate control) selectable sleeping circuitry. It was a good investment. I almost didn't buy it. This is only a 32 ft trailer. I was worried things might be a little tight with two guys, but I got the Vibro-Matic anyway. Seriously though, there has to be an easier way!"

*Patent Pending

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
J
jwall Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
And just what does THAT have to do with PRVI bullets??

huh?

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Pretty good!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've used the Wolf Gold, which is just Prvi in a different box, 7.5x55 Swiss 174 gr SP and it kills deer as cleanly as anything else.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Not the Swede, but have a Bud over in Arkansas that's been killing the crap outta deer and hogs with factory loaded PRVI 7mm mag ammo for several years now.

Cant remember him having ANY issues with bullet performance.

Gunner

Trump Won!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jwall
And just what does THAT have to do with PRVI bullets??

huh?

Can't you read? Previ bullets are obsolete. whistle whistle If they're obsolete they won't work.

I don't see how he could have made it any clearer. smirk

grin

I like them for medium velocity ammo.

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

J
jwall Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
It musta been covered up in all that BULL....!

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

IC B3

J
jwall Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Gunner 500 -

Thanx & Germane.

In the op I said it could be cals other than the Swede.

Last edited by jwall; 07/05/13.

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It musta been covered up in all that BULL....!

I sooo sowwy... blush blush blush

Now all kidding aside. I recently got some 139gr Previ 6.5mm bullets to shoot in a 6.5X57R drilling and 243 100gr bullets for an older Mdl 70FW 243. I have loaded some and got good accuracy with both.

The local coyotes aren't cooperating, or I would have a report on bullet performance. I might have a report after this weekend. I'm headed into a central NV area in a couple of days with scads of coyotes.

Last edited by luv2safari; 07/04/13.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
jwall,

Are you going to be doing any hand loading for the Swede? I gathered from your initial post you had some Previ factory ammo.

If you would like to try some bullets out I can send you 20 or so to load and experiment with.

J
jwall Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
L 2 S -

Yes I load for it, I have 129 HSP, 139-140 H, Prvi, & somebody's 160s. Probably won't use the 160s.

These 2 boxes of PRVI came in the rifle deal. Was not familiar w/Prvi ammo or bullets.

Also have 1 box of Win 140 SP factory, (Hornady bullets).

THNX for the offer. I appreciate it but I'd guess I'm good there.

Last edited by jwall; 07/05/13.

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Gunner 500 -

Thanx '& Germaine.

In the op I said it could be cals other than the Swede.

10-4 JWall, that tells me they must be at the very least a descent bullet to stand up to 7Mag speeds and still blow through 3/4 hundred pound hogs.

Gunner

Trump Won!
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Wow, so serious! We're mostly loonies here. I just registered, but have lurked for some years, so I know that is the case. Seems to me that we loonies must buy and try anyway, regardless of what others think.

I have never shot Prvi, but wanted to chime in just because. I've only shot cup/cores at big game, and only seen big game killed with c/c. Never bought into the hype of premiums, mostly because I wince at the prices they ask, but I do buy the hype of cup and cores.

Thus I predict with near certainty that Prvi bullets have killed, will keep killing cheaply and accurately.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
i have not shot any critters with them but have shot many targets with their 7-08 Rem loads. very accurate out of my Savage Striker and my son's A-Bolt in that caliber but does run a tad on the dirty side. that being said i wouldn't hesitate to use them on game if and when the oppertunity arrises.

Help keep our sport going. take a kid outdoors!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
...Yes I load for it, I have 129 HSP, 139-140 H, Prvi, & somebody's 160s. Probably won't use the 160s.

jwall, don't know about the PRVI, but there are a few guys up here who shoot 160s and 154s in their 6.5 rifles, and do very well with them on big game. If the concern is the bullet profile, and lower velocity, they easily give reliable 300 yd accuracy and performance on big game out of their 6.5X55 and 6.5X54 rifles.

Ted

J
jwall Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Yukoner -

Thnx, I might re consider. They seem to be limited in vel. due to limited powder capacity.

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
FYI, for those that haven't noticed. Monarch ammo from Academy is Privi, just boxed for Academy.

Oh, I've shot a truck load of Privi, seems like a good cup&core to me.

I've used 6.5x55, .223, .243, 7-08, .308 and .357 mag. Killed critters with all but the 6.5x55.

The 158gr. soft points in .357 mag from my 77/.357 Ruger turns 'dillars into mush in a shell ev'ry time.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

76 members (AKislander, 300_savage, 69sportfury, 17CalFan, Alan_C, 8 invisible), 1,558 guests, and 896 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,573
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.