Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 75 of 116 1 2 73 74 75 76 77 115 116
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Raeford
Originally Posted by Sakoluvr
How come the crazy ass crackers aren't threatening to riot if GZ gets sent up?

"Crackers" go to jail for rioting, negroes not so much.

cause lots of the crackers have something to lose by going to jail, family, careers, savings etc.

for white trash and [bleep], jail is just a place to get clean, lift some weights, get your dental needs taken care of and get 3 squares a day.

in some ways it's a lot better than the life they built for themselves.

they're turning up the water temp ever so slowly and they are destroying our freedoms one step at a time.

but if enough of those crackers ever wake up to the fact that our gov't can't be trusted, our courts can't be trusted before they're disarmed you may indeed see the crackers go off someday.

I hope not, cause in War it's not just bad folks that get killed, lots of innocents and good guys lose their lives as well

but it truly is shameful what we've let this nation become.

the institutions we were raised to respect our gov't, our courts and sometimes our LEO agencies are failing to earn the respect we've given them.

with all the hyperbole surrounding this case, we as a nation lose regardless of the outcome.

sorta like paying taxes, the more you send them, the more they waste.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
That prosecuter would have a hard time proving Martin is dead beyond a reasonable doubt!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy
Wow -- that was pathetic. They didn't even talk about any physical evidence other than that Martin didn't have blood on his hands as evidence, just tried to say Zim was a liar.
Despicable tactics from beginning to end. None of it based on an honest and dispassionate analysis of the facts. Just designed to inspire hatred for the man so as to evoke a guilty verdict based on that feeling of hate. The whole team should be disbarred, and that goes for the judge, too.

I have to agree with you. No wonder you folks are so bitter. I'm embarrassed for you.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
The defense needs to let the jury know if they let the state get by with prosecuting someone for defending themselves that no one will be safe in their persons.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
if the law's on your side hammer the law

if the facts are on your side hammer the facts

if neither are on your side hammer the table

that prosecutor was whuppin on that table!

but he was emotional, and it is an all woman jury

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by plainsman456
The defense needs to let the jury know if they let the state get by with prosecuting someone for defending themselves that no one will be safe in their persons.

Contrary to what a lot of people think, women are very conscious of the right of self defense...even more so the right of somebody else to act in there behalf. If I had any money to bet, I'd be giving odds that he will be acquitted. Self defense trumps any charge.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
As clear cut as it is that GZ should walk, the number of people who find him guilty and think the prosecutor has proven it is astonishing. Three women in my family think he is guilty of 2nd degree murder and should be convicted of it. These are all educated women, one who is a conservative the other is a liberal educator. The third is my MIL, she is just ridiculous. The thought process by these three make me think GZ is going down by virtue of an all woman jury. Frightening.

P
PWN Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
When I was a young prosecutor I had a case get away from me. It turned out to be a stinker when the victim and most of the witnesses didn't testify like their written statement. My closing was a complete flame out like that guy and I tried throwing every piece of poo at the wall I could to try and make something stick. I was young and thought that was my job. After the case was over my boss took me aside and told me cases like that can happen and if I found myself in a similar situation I should ask the case be dismissed.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by PWN
When I was a young prosecutor I had a case get away from me. It turned out to be a stinker when the victim and most of the witnesses didn't testify like their written statement. My closing was a complete flame out like that guy and I tried throwing every piece of poo at the wall I could to try and make something stick. I was young and thought that was my job. After the case was over my boss took me aside and told me cases like that can happen and if I found myself in a similar situation I should ask the case be dismissed.

Thanks for the story...I can see it. Can you imagine doing that on prime time?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
The women 'experts' on Fox said it was an effective closing argument...whgoes bets us back to the 'woman question' regarding the jury.

Flip a coin gents.

Women are very unforgiving of lies.

If they are told by men.

It will be interesting to see if the Defense uses much time trying to reconcile the inconsistencies in Z's differing accounts, and explain away the "going for my gun" difficulties.

I thought the PA did a credible job of painting Z as a wannabe cop, which is crucial to their case.

If he was successful in convincing these 6 women that Z lied about matters of substance, they will not acquit him. They can rationalize away the finer points of the law contained in their instructions.

Surely in Florida the convicted party gets a free copy of the transcript for his appeal. The damn thing will probably weigh 50 pounds.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I spoke to my white democrat female neighbor who hasn't seen any of the trial and she said ... (I'm paraphrasing)

That GZ was a racist that profiled TM and shot him while he was talking on the phone ... in cold blood.

This is how the ignorant masses view the trial. Beware the riots if GZ is found innocent.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy
The PA is shouting. YELLING at the jury. All while he's straddling the dummy, putting Trayvon in the attack position. This guy is at atupid, strategically, as he is annoying and abrasive.

I've never witnessed a trial where the prosecution uses drama queen bullshitt, and twisting of the evidence, while the defense simply presents the facts. No offense to my attorney friends, but this role reversal thingy is just too weird.

The role reversal is exactly how I've perceived this from the very beginning.

The prosecution makes accusations and the defense uses evidence to disprove it.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by fish head
I spoke to my white democrat female neighbor who hasn't seen any of the trial and she said ... (I'm paraphrasing)

That GZ was a racist that profiled TM and shot him while he was talking on the phone ... in cold blood.

This is how the ignorant masses view the trial. Beware the riots if GZ is found innocent.

No trial viewing, but did she get 'information' from NBC a year ago?

I bet so. That's where her opinion was given to her.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by fish head
Beware the riots if GZ is found innocent.

Those of us that deal with that element are used to riots. They happen about midnight almost every Friday or Saturday night when too many of them show up at the same place. No sweat.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Prosecutor's closing was like the charges themselves....

ginned up.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
That is because most people are not really following the trial, and the real facts presented in the trial, but get everything they know from the manufactured MSM biases. In effect, even if Z goes free, the media has still won because they have proven him "guilty" to the masses that haven't actually followed the facts of the case. It really is that simple. The prosecution didn't have to win, they just had to take him to court and let the media do the work of destroying him.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jmillo
As clear cut as it is that GZ should walk, the number of people who find him guilty and think the prosecutor has proven it is astonishing. Three women in my family think he is guilty of 2nd degree murder and should be convicted of it. These are all educated women, one who is a conservative the other is a liberal educator. The third is my MIL, she is just ridiculous. The thought process by these three make me think GZ is going down by virtue of an all woman jury. Frightening.

Add my sister-in-law, "he had no business carrying a gun".

...and yes, she voted for Obama.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
If this prosecutor is actually from Jacksonville, I'm opening a satellite office. His histrionics and intentional bastardization of facts was appalling, although not surprising.

Pat's right as to it usually being a reverse scenario. But, then again, this entire trial presentation has been a role reversal.

I still predict this jury comes back with a not guilty in less than 10 hours of deliberations, maybe even well less than 10 hours.

If it's out longer, my guess it will be because of one or two lone hold-outs looking for some compromise.

In Florida, do the instructions require that the jury also know of the potential penitentiary time for each charge?

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JTPinTX
That is because most people are not really following the trial, and the real facts presented in the trial, but get everything they know from the manufactured MSM biases. In effect, even if Z goes free, the media has still won because they have proven him "guilty" to the masses that haven't actually followed the facts of the case. It really is that simple. The prosecution didn't have to win, they just had to take him to court and let the media do the work of destroying him.

You are absolutely correct, but you gotta look at the other side of the coin. "Ya betta not jack dem honkies, les ya wanna get [bleep] up."

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I only saw the closing statement, but did anyone else find it interesting that the "last picture ever taken of Trayvon Martin" the prosecutor showed the jury was a 5x7? I think if I wanted to leave a lasting impression, I would've made a poster size print.

Page 75 of 116 1 2 73 74 75 76 77 115 116

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

546 members (1minute, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 62 invisible), 2,441 guests, and 1,245 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,555
Posts18,491,722
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.