Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Cool!

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Is there a certain speed I should try to keep it under? laugh

FWIW, this test that I conduct may not be entirely scientific due to my poor shooting abilities and possibly being caffeine riddled early in the morning....grin

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nice truck bed test JB.

Any truck bed test should take into consideration the rings and bases and torque specs.

I'd choose the Leupold Dual Dovetails! laugh

Oh and ct,
The equipment I use to check zero after hard use is called a "rifle". You should get one and try to shoot it. Since this is the Long Range Forum, maybe you could then add something of substance after you learn the basics like which end of the cartridge goes into the chamber first.

(It's the pointy end).

No need to thank me for the head start. grin

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Just make sure your head hits the roof of your truck at least five times grin The times I've done it, POI shift was significant enough that caffeine is of no hindrance.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ctsmith
Originally Posted by dave7mm
Originally Posted by Carl_Ross
They aren't BAD scopes at all, in fact they do some things better than pretty much any other company.
My personal lack of trust in POI consistency is why I don't use them anymore.

Lot of people feel that way.
dave

The concern is confirmed by the fact that John and A Bolt (I never can remember his handle) run from the POI shift issue.

John, send me one of your scopes and I'll test it with video.

How about you post some video showing some degree of competence in LR shooting. I will be holding my breath. whistle whistle

As for running from POI shift, surely you jest. Both Rick and I depend on POI shift.

Speaking of video here is an example of how those silly Leupolds will shift POI when you start twisting the dials. Ignore the GBP stuff. grin

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nothing personal. I always try to help novice shooters.

I'm available for lessons.

The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
Nothing personal. I always try to help novice shooters.

I'm available for lessons.

Oh and ct,
The equipment I use to check zero after hard use is called a "rifle". You should get one and try to shoot it.

My POI Tester. Imagine once I develop past novice stage. BTW, all are 5 shot groups fired from the Harris bipod.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Tanner

FWIW, this test that I conduct may not be entirely scientific due to my poor shooting abilities and possibly being caffeine riddled early in the morning....grin

Tanner,

Tip of the Day, for what it is worth a V8 will will help dampen the 2 Rockstar shakes. Supposed to be good for you also. grin Who knew??

John Burns

I have all the sources.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by JohnBurns

How about you post some video showing some degree of competence in LR shooting. I will be holding my breath.

John, what does long range shooting ability and tracking have to do with a scopes ability to hold zero when beat and bumped around?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Tanner,

Tip of the Day, for what it is worth a V8 will will help dampen the 2 Rockstar shakes. Supposed to be good for you also. grin Who knew??

My Ford has a V8.... does that count? I don't do the whole vegetable drink thing....grin

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Good! You've differentiated the pointy end of the cartridge from the flat end.

Free Lesson #2:

Although 100 yards is considered "long range" or even "ELR" in Alabama, and the .308 is considered "newfangled", there's still much for you to learn.

Take notes.

Also, what kind of hypocrite tells everyone how much Leupolds suck the entire thread, then Brags about how well it works on his Alabama Long Range Laser?

confused

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

How about you post some video showing some degree of competence in LR shooting. I will be holding my breath.

John, what does long range shooting ability and tracking have to do with a scopes ability to hold zero when beat and bumped around?

Err Umm well just about everything. Was that a serious question??? crazy

My POI Tester. Imagine once I develop past novice stage. BTW, all are 5 shot groups fired from the Harris bipod.
[Linked Image]

Dude, CT,

Your braggin gun has a Leupold stuck on top. Are you sure you are really arguing the right side in this here Bruha??? shocked

Must admit I am a bit perplexed. Although I will say that optic is mounted to far back for "Real Shootin".

Good! You've differentiated the pointy end of the cartridge from the flat end.

Free Lesson #2:

Although 100 yards is considered "long range" or even "ELR" in Alabama, and the .308 is considered "newfangled", there's still much for you to learn.

Take notes.

Also, what kind of hypocrite tells everyone how much Leupolds suck the entire thread, then Brags about how well it works on his Alabama Long Range Laser?

confused

WHAT????? Did CTSmith just get caught in a little of the ol playin both sides of the fence. Say it isn't so. laugh laugh

Tanner,

My Ford has a V8.... does that count? I don't do the whole vegetable drink thing....grin
No.

Don�t drink it because it tastes good but because it will make you shoot better than Lil Fish in his bestest dreams. Maybe. laugh

John Burns

I have all the sources.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Although I'm not of the "texting generation", ROTFLMAO!

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
John, it would be absurd for me to make claims regarding Lueps if i did not have experience with them, would it not? How else would i know a joy ride in the back of a truck will give it a fit? You are grasping.

And as i have said before, I, and most anyone else with walking around sense, take your opinion of them as that of a salesman, with a grain of salt.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nice deletion of your last post! LOL

ct,

You'll probably have to stand by for an answer to your hastily deleted post and the one above (or whatever else you might change it to) until later...

John and I are laughing waaaay too hard to do it now!

LOL!

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
A bolt, bang your scope around and get back to me. Scared?

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
And from what I can tell, you better hang on to john, cause the salesman is all you got.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Tanner aint scared! ("Skeered" if you are a Bama redneck)

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
John, it would be absurd for me to make claims regarding Lueps if i did not have experience with them, would it not? How else would i know a joy ride in the back of a truck will give it a fit? You are grasping.

And as i have said before, I, and most anyone else with walking around sense, take your opinion of them as that of a salesman, with a grain of salt.

Absurd does not even begin to address the level of LDS (Leupold Derangement Syndrome) shown by some in this thread. Count yourself firmly in the LDS category.

I honestly could not even begin to guess WTF you are yapping about concerning a joy ride in the back of a truck.

Anyone who does not take my �opinon� with at least 2 grains of salt is a complete moron because this is just the silly internet and anybody can say anything.

Although it does seem few can post a pict of a nice bull elk taken at 1102 yds. I do know my optic took a nice 20 mile joy ride on a mule everyday for 4 days before I had to make that shot. Twice.

[Linked Image]

That does seem to weed some �internet opinions� out, don�t ya think.

Hang us a picture of a nice LR kill, just for entertainment purposes. blush

Last edited by JohnBurns; 07/11/13. Reason: I shot the bull twice

John Burns

I have all the sources.

Page 12 of 15 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

557 members (1936M71, 1lessdog, 160user, 222Sako, 1beaver_shooter, 219 Wasp, 56 invisible), 2,514 guests, and 1,303 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,331
Posts18,487,575
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.