Hop To
Page 17 of 19 1 2 15 16 17 18 19
B
bcd Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
That would make me very Happy And I will vote for you Jor> I really would! King of Camp Fire!ENJOY

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It surprises no one you can't back up your allegations and claims that I've threatened to kill you Larry! You're such a vile, gutless coward lying TROLL.

Typical Larry Root. He opens his diseased mouth, makes threats and issues challenges, and then blames everybody else for threatening him!

His continual threats of lawsuits, and involving LEO in Internet disputes of his own making is just one more example of how much of a shameless coward he is.

His family must be so very proud of their old man!

I see NONE of your supposed 100+ "gun club friends", are they unwilling to expose themselves in your defense? We all know the truth.... they don't exist. Except for in your delusional dream world.
Grow up Larry! Everyone knows you have NO FRIENDS. Go play with yourself and your imaginary friends somewhere you aren't despised and ridiculed by the general membership.

Humors me greatly to know 'ol Larry Root is most assuredly sitting there in his chair reading all the posts in regards to his lame ass lies and bluster, in senile dementia with a gangrene heart and rotting brain, grimacing and eyes twitching at every post, chattering impotently out-loud, frothing, fuming, violently gibbering, going down to his grave in snarling infamy ... disgraceful, depraved ... and putrescent.

Yes indeed, he/she/it is a pathetic shell of a "man"....

B
bcd Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
I see The Jerry Show is On!

B
bcd Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B

A
A
BCD, I'm sure next you'll tell us what a failure the 300 Win Mag is, because it doesn't have the tapered case of the H&H. Bring us some facts.

IC B2

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by bcd
This is very intro>>>>> you have to read this!! well, I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one with the bolt locking up. My first 375 ruger would not feed. I sent it in and it came back not fixed. Cabelas gave me my money back and I figured it was just a lemon, so I bought the african version. This one fed ok but the bolt would lock up very hard when firing factory ammo and even low to mid power reloads. I sent it back to ruger and they said they replaced the barrel and stock after 2 months of waiting again. I tryed some reloads and it seems better, but the velocity is really low. I'll work up and see if the problem is still there. If it is, I want my money back because I've never experienced so many problems until I switched to the 375 Ruger. I've had bad rifles, bad dies, bad brass. seems like bad everything. Some other people haven't had anything wrong, but it seems the ones that do are pretty bad. If I'm not satisfied this time, I've given Ruger & hornady 4 times to make it right and I will go buy a 375 H&H because that round has never given me problems. I will stick to other brand rifles and never buy hornady brass and dies again.
I know it seems like I'm exaggerating or just worked up, but I've never had this problem reloading and shooting many other rifles and cartridges. And I really had bad everything.

I hope you Enjoyed the read.
I'd appreciate you not taking quotes from me just for the sake of arguing when you have no interest in an actual meaningful discussion. Also, to the individual that commented about the letters from ruger. I did receive a letter back from them saying they couldn't find anything wrong and it fed fine for them. Cabelas could not get it to feed all the rounds without jamming when they took it back for me. The 2nd one I sent back to ruger was also returned with a letter saying nothing was wrong and they couldn't duplicate the bolt locking up.

A
A
Every major manufacturer turns out a bad rifle from time to time. Only rifles I have had issues with were a 1970s vintage Marlin 45/70, and a NIB Winchester Model 70 that had abad chamber. I have never personally come across, or known anyone with a faulty Ruger, but I will not say it can't happen. I will say my 375 Ruger feeds slicker than grease, shoots right around 1moa, and hasn't had an extraction in over 125 rounds, all shot in temps exceeding 95 degrees. Only thing I plan on doing is working on the trigger. You don't like Ruger, it doesn't hurt my feelings, you don't like the 375 Ruger, I don't care, but don't tell me what it won't do in my rifle.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Quote FO (aka the taco king)

"It surprises no one you can't back up your allegations and claims that I've threatened to kill you Larry! You're such a vile, gutless coward lying TROLL."

Lets demolish this BS piece by piece:

Old FO wouldn't know Larry if he were sitting in his taco stand. Kinda hard to label someone "vile" whom you only draw conclusions about from your fellow serial liars.

You must have numerous example of how this "vile" person cheated other members, has a criminal record, steals candy form children and so on ?

Gutlless, could be wrong but he was not the one who was going to round up a bunch of other trolls, come to Pinedale, sneak around taking photos etc. None of these events ever happened. In fact two of the trolls went so far as to create fairy tale trips, claiming to have come here and driving Larry into "hiding in his basement". Only problem was one took all his pictures in the summer (none anywhere near Pinedale) when his "visit" took place when there were two feet of snow on the ground. The second fellow's photos (he actually passed through Pinedale en route to Yellowstone) but in 2009 not 2012.

Coward, Larry served 6 years in the Air Force ..... you ? Larry's name address and phone number is all over the site. Has he moved ? no. Has he changed his phone number ? no. Did he run away from Pinedale when the big "campfire" with at least 8 trolls claiming to be coming was invented ? no. (of course it never happened)
Some might suggest that a "man" who hides behind a user name on an obscure website, afraid to tell his name address and phone number but feels justified in doing it to someone he hates for no rational reason is a coward. To be a coward means you have been tested in life and run away. That's really too mean ..... yellow chicken crap is closer to the X ring.

Lying, as all the trolls are serial liars, this is especially amusing. Why don't you trot out some documented examples of Larry's lies. You know lies that can be verified with hard data, not just your lying accusations.

Finally, Larry never said you threatened to kill him. Three of the trolls have. One is no longer with us after he was visited by the Police in SD. The other two have open police reports on them, each in two cities. Noted that both are very quiet on this thread, as in totally absent. Doubt we'll ever see either of them as BOLOs are still open.

So FO once again you are nailed to the barn door as a serial liar and just generally not a nice person.

Perhaps you and tour fellow trolls should get together as your secret blog and tell
Geppetto aka NSAQAM aka the "runt" that it's time to become men and put away childish things.

On any well moderated site you trolls would have been canned long ago for your thread pirating, outlandish lies and numerous violations of the state laws where this site is "domained" (no being in Texas does not CYA).

Think on it. We're always here and always will be, as long as we wish to.

Prayed for you all today, it might help.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Are we talking in the third person singular now Larry? and WTF, are you talking about "detroying" allegations? You dodnt answer a single one. Man, what a an embarrassment you are Larry. But please do keep coming back and posting under all the different names. It's fun embarrasing you in public.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Jorge, like FO, you hide behind a user name while claiming to be an honorable retired Navy officer. Having actually worn the uniform, Larry knows a lot of retired service men and women from all branches. They don't hide behind a fake name and chase other vets from internet site to internet site spreading lies, insults and just generally wasting other members' time with thread pirating and totally off subject posts.

I think the words you were "grasping for" are "destroying" and "didn't".

Hope you could dial the Guard chnl. better than your efforts at English.

As is "troll normal", none of the facts were addressed. Just more attacks and insults. Even the most placid member will be seeing through your tissue of lies by now.

Enjoy your time in "God's waiting room". Population dropping, per capita income so low you could not live in EITHER Key West of Pinedale, not to mention both..... BUT nice and close to the NAS so you can keeping sucking off the taxpayers as you have always done. Just another member of the "entitled" class. Hope you have an Obama sign in your front yard so you keep getting more "freebies". Probably even have a government program to come and thaw out your pipes. Then there is the crime rate....... 80% of American cities are safer. Hope you have a Neighborhood Watch program.

Now tell us again when the "Big Pinedale Campfire" is happening ? or was that just ANOTHER lie ?

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I see you're still talking in the third person Larry. On the one hand you tell me I'm lying about my service and on the other you claim I'm sucking a pension. So are you still claiming you lived with Snipers in Vietnam whilst flying F-105s Larry? Lol, I'm betting your MOS was stew-burner..

I have no idea about Pinedale nor do I giveashit, but since by your own admission you say you live in Key West not that there's anything wrong with being a butt-pirate, but do carry on.

As far sa FO's concerned, I'm sure he'll be along in a bit, but man if he indeed works a Taco stand I want that job, with it he's paid for numerous safaris (with pictures to back it up, unlike you who steals pictures and claims them as their own) Keep it going Larry, it's fun making an idiot..out of an idiot.

Last edited by jorgeI; 08/05/13.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by AKBman
BCD, I'm sure next you'll tell us what a failure the 300 Win Mag is, because it doesn't have the tapered case of the H&H. Bring us some facts.

Since bcd passed on your question, here are the inconvenient facts.

The 300 WinMag is not a failure. It is not as good a design for bullet retention as the 308 Norma (ever seen/owned one?) It is not as good a design for feeding and chambering in adverse conditions as the 300 H&H. As almost all belted cartridges, the case shoulder is set back too far. Not a problem back in Africa and India with the 300 H&H as nobody reloaded, therefore case stretching was a non issue.
In the clean, rust free, non cordite modern world, where many reload, case stretching is an issue. As has been written up in Rifle and Handloader many, many times (you do read ?) the proper way to handload todays belted magnums is to start with new brass, do the case prep drill, (neck expand to caliber, trim and chamfer), then neck UP (for example the 300 WM to 33) then start running it in the 300 WM FL die, reducing the neck until the cartridge will chamber with just a tad of effort. You have now created a "false shoulder" for the case to headspace on rather than the belt. Fireform with a regular load and you will have a cartridge that exactly fits YOUR chamber, that has not suffered stretching belt to shoulder.

Now for "hunting ammo", you may want to push the shoulder back a thou or two (there are dies made for doing just this) to ensure no closing effort.

This is all nothing new. Wildcatters have been doing it with belted, rimmed and rimless cartridges since wildcatting was invented.

The 300 Winmag has pushed aside other 30 caliber magnums for the same reason the 243 whupped the 244. Marketing and gunwriter "experts" who just echoed what was said by one, so it became accepted fact.

One caution: if you own multiple rifles shooting the same cartridge and fireform cases, you will find ammo is usually will not interchange among them.

Segregate them as you would 270s from 30-06s.

Hope you find these facts useful in dealing with extending your cases' lives.

Apology for trying to get the thread back on the subject the site is for rather than the endless rants of a tiny minority (aka the troll team)

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Wow, African experience from Larry. Is that like your Vietnam experience? lol.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Long range target shooters were quick to adopt the 300 Win mag over 300 H&H and if there are any accuracy or feeding issues with it I am sure our military snipers would have discovered them by now as well.

Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master Guide,
Alaska Hunter Ed Instructor
FAA Master pilot
www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is not effective has either not used one, or else is unwittingly commenting on their marksmanship.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yeah, I've been a member in good standing on those various boards since 2004 or so, and you recently (past year) show up.... and now I'm the one that's stalking?! Another one of your blatant lies discredited.

Talking in the third person, continued reference to "we", "us", and a "club of 100".... definitely shows your state of mind (lack there of). As does continuing to create literally dozens of screen names across a couple boards with the sole intent and purpose to TROLL. Keep in mind the Owners, Admin., and/or Moderators of said boards continue to ban you as they obviously don't want your "participation".

NO ONE is responsible for your multiple user ID's being blocked or banned other than yourself douchebag Larry. These accounts being locked, merged, and/or banned serve as ample proof that Larry Root isn't welcomed nor wanted.

The only losers in his so called "War for the Site" are him and the membership that have to continuously suffer his idiocy and paranoid delusions. Ironic isn't it that we don't see anyone other than Larry Root and his barrage of multiple screen names being locked, banned, or merged with previously locked screen names?

The sooner that old paranoid delusional goat realizes the problem lies within himself, the sooner he can get a good nights sleep and stop obsessing over stupid sheit on the Internet...

But you're not, are you Larry? Please do continue as it does at least provide a measure of sophomoric humor at your expense.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
There is VERY little difference in the ...bullet retention... issue between MY .308 Norma, a Ralf Martini-customized FN and the .300 Win, Classic STS Mod. 70 I had, which I re-barreled to .338WM.

My four P-64 Mod. 70s, in .300H&H, of which I have retained one, also are only VERY SLIGHTLY better in this respect than the .300Win.

I know this by OWNING and USING all of these cartridges in high quality rifles over some decades, NOT, by parroting some "gun scribe".

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Totally agree, "Fos", well said!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
FO you are finally right about something ....... we are not going away.

And until you and the rest of the trolls do something more than hide under your desks, that;s the way it will be.

Stick with tacos as your neither educated not certified by the state of Texas to be rendering Psychiatric evaluations.

Most people would think that the endless pursuit of (what you believe) to be one person is a reflection of an unheathy obsession. Many states have laws regarding stalking.

According to a report by the National Center for Victims of Crime, "Virtually any unwanted contact between two people [that intends] to directly or indirectly communicates a threat or places the victim in fear can be considered stalking"

I would hazard a guess that when a group habitually follows another all over the internet, threatens to come to his home, sit in front of his home taking photos, and in a couple of cases, kill him, that might meet the legal test.

As for your sycophant, I'm sure he has done lab tests regarding bullet retention tests on every 30 caliber magnum out there, so his "facts" are beyond question.
As for "owning them", I hope my 4 300 H&Hs (721, M70 Bull Gun, Ruger #1, custom 700), my two 308 Normas (Schultz & Larsen, Husky Imperial Grade) and my sole 300 WM (a Benelli R-1) are sufficient "creds".

Although agreeing with a serial liar and coward casts some doubts on your overall credibility.........

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Oh, I'm well aware you and your multiple personalities are not "going away". You've demonstrated that with your countless creations of screen names.

It is humorous though! Especially knowing that eventually each ID is banned, blocked, and/or merged with a previous locked account.

You and your endless lineup of "friends" are nothing more than sophomoric comedy. Never taken seriously...

Yes Larry, you keep those online stalker laws in front of your diseased mind as you continue to follow me from Forum to Forum (Accurate Reloading, Marlin Owners, Fins and Fur, etc.). Not to mention your accusations in PM's to others that I've threatened to kill you. Projecting much Larry??

Next time you're in Hondo, swing by for a taco. I'll even stuff it myself. You favorite, el gato. lol

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Opps.... looks like you went away.

I'm sure "they'll" be back. wink

Page 17 of 19 1 2 15 16 17 18 19

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (1234, 10ring1, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 007FJ, 56 invisible), 2,202 guests, and 1,236 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,255
Posts18,486,342
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.