-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
They won't touch it with a ten foot pole. All they wanted was Obama reelected.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.

I
isaac Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I
I know. This is about educating the fearful.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I realize this doesn't help Zimmerman, but I truly hope Holder and the DOJ file civil rights charges against Zimmerman. I want this administration to go all in. It would be such an embarrassing result that it would push the 2014 elections further to the right.

Plus, they need to ride the gun control pony while they are at it. This will put the races for several of the seats in further jeapordy for the democrats.

I
isaac Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I
Gov. Scott was just on FOX News and addressed a question as to whether there will be modifications to Florida's "Stand Your Ground" law. He said the issue was raised and the people of Florida and it's legislators will not not allow nor will they allow any no changes to our SYG law.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
The DOJ doesn't give a rat's azz if the evidence is there or not! Their overall objective is to financially 'break' Z and in the process make an example out of him....regardless whether or not Z was right in the defense of his life!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
IC B2

I
isaac Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I
The DOJ doesn't give a rat's azz if the evidence is there or not!
===========

Ummmm...yeah, they do.

William Arthur Ward

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What the country is really dying to see is whether Bob will go 0-10 on week 1 of the College football pool. wink

I
isaac Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I
Can't wait to try!

William Arthur Ward

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by isaac
Originally Posted by Calhoun
Going with Steve here.. I wouldn't be surprised at charges. Why not? The entire trial we just went through was baseless, why not distract the ignorant public for another year with a civil trial?

It's not like anybody is going to pursue charges against Holder or the DOJ for malicious prosecution.

================

Disregard reality all you like. Many of you run and hide under the blankets with the mere mention of a meaningless threat, anyways.

WTH? I make a comment that I don't think the DOJ has any scruples about prosecuting an innocent man if it furthers their political agenda, and you accuse me of running and hiding under the blankets?

Where'd that come from?

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

It's getting close Buddy and will be a welcomed break from watching our country circle the schitter.

IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by RMulhern
The DOJ doesn't give a rat's azz if the evidence is there or not! Their overall objective is to financially 'break' Z and in the process make an example out of him....regardless whether or not Z was right in the defense of his life!!
Not just the DOJ, but the ACLU, Sharpton and don't forget the Azzhole In Chief..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
I
isaac Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I
I meant as opposed to looking at what's required before the Feds could even consider a civil right's violation committed by a single person, not connected to the state, after a acquittal premised in self defense and after the FBI has already filed a report, after a year long investigation concluding there was no racial bias.

You think they don't have Motions To Dismiss and sanctions in the Fed courts?

William Arthur Ward

I
isaac Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I
The ACLU is laughing at the DOJ on this one, Lee.

And, can you familiarize me with the Sharpton court? Where does one go to file a criminal charge in the Sharpton court?

William Arthur Ward

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by isaac
I meant as opposed to looking at what's required before the Feds could even consider a civil right's violation committed by a single person, not connected to the state, after a acquittal premised in self defense and after the FBI has already filed a report, after a year long investigation concluding there was no racial bias.

You think they don't have Motions To Dismiss and sanctions in the Fed courts?

Okay, that makes sense. I have no clue as to the federal requirements for filing a civil rights case or how likely they are to get a judge that would dismiss it rather than letting a "jury decide".

But I still won't be surprised if they try. This is the same Holder who told the US Attorney to not file charges for Contempt of Congress or to take it to a grand jury. Holder gives a speech to the NAACP tomorrow, let's see if anything pops up then.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
I agree that there will be no DOJ civil rights violation prosecution of Zimmerman. Not that the Obamanation or his fellow traveler, Holder, aren't above doing it, but they just don't have the facts on their side. I think they are just dry humping their radical supporters.

Since this civil rights prosecution appears to only be used when some political group doesn't like the outcome of a previous trial, at what point does the usage of the law become double jeopardy even if the law itself isn't, at least on it's face.
The Supremes can't be that dumb, can they?

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by toltecgriz
Since this civil rights prosecution appears to only be used when some political group doesn't like the outcome of a previous trial, at what point does the usage of the law become double jeopardy even if the law itself isn't, at least on it's face.
The Supremes can't be that dumb, can they?

That is a great question. The prosecution of a crime Federally, after it has been tried by a State, is not considered double jeopardy.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I was very close to a case in my county where the DOJ put political pressure on local district prosecutors.

The case involved a deputy sheriff that had just witnessed his partner gunned down and killed by a parole violator and career criminal.
Previous to the deputies arriving at the scene, the criminal in question had shot and killed his girlfriend in front of her 5 year old daughter. He was also firing his .44 magnum at the wooden floor beneath the small child's feet because she wouldn't quit crying and screaming because he had killed her mother. Her legs were punctured by long wooden splinters and shrapnel from the gunfire.

After killing the first deputy, the second engaged him, and was hit by a bullet from the criminal's gun, and his return fire resulted in a non fatal wound, and a fatal wound to the criminal. He didn't die right there, so the deputy cuffed him and drug in out the front door of the house and went to find his partner that had circled around back to cover escape from the rear door of the small house.
When the deputy circle the house and found his partner, he discovered his partner dead from a .44 magnum round between the eyes that the criminal had fired.
The deputy then went back around to the front of the house where the criminal was laying face down and cuffed, and rolled him over and used his pistol for the "coup de gr�ce", and ended his miserable life right then and there.... In front of his dash camera in his patrol vehicle.

After reviewing the dash-cam tape himself that night, he saw what was on it, and turned the tape over to the sheriff himself, to face the music.

Given the public support the deputy had from nearly everyone in the whole region, the local D.A. did not think he could pursue charges on the deputy successfully, but the DOJ intervened and said that THEY would prosecute the deputy for civil rights violations because of the man being cuffed at the time of his death, and they could guarantee that several years in the federal penitentiary would follow, with no early parole.

The local D.A. was forced by the DOJ to prosecute the deputy.

The deputy did a year in state prison, and lost his career as a law officer.

The vast opinions of the whole area was that he should have been given a medal, and a large reward for killing the parole violator, skinhead, murderer. But, it didn't work out that way thanks to the DOJ intervention.

True story.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Besides the lack of evidence and GZ being found not guilty if you look at the big picture there's still a lot going on that would politically influence the Justice dept.

1) There could be an investigation regarding the improprieties in the criminal trial. If they find problems with the State even bringing GZ to trial that wouldn't be good.

2) GZ's racially based civil suit against NBC. If he wins this then that's another fly in the ointment for the feds. I think he was slandered but I don't know how he can prove monetary damages or if he needs to. This is something for the experts to comment on.

With these things taken into consideration a failed fluffed up civil rights trial wouldn't turn out well for the administration. They've got more than enough scandals already.

Last edited by fish head; 07/15/13.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
That sounds pretty fair.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Florida's "SYG" Law is what is being put on trial. The media are acting as prosecutors, and the same Florida majority that awarded its electoral votes to Obama will be the Judge.

The FL. Legislature and Governor are the Defense team.

"SYG" Law itself will be branded as "racist" even though it is reported not to have been a factor in the jury's acquittal of Zimmerman.

Better hope the Defense can hold.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

87 members (358wsm, 300_savage, 358WCF, 10gaugemag, 257_X_50, 338Rules, 11 invisible), 1,269 guests, and 811 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,863
Posts18,497,212
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.