AH64guy Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
A
Enjoy...

Subject: FW: Furlough Day Out of Office Replies
-----Original Message----------------------------------------------------

- I'm currently out of the office on furlough. If you don't understand what this means, please go to your bank, take out 20% of your last paycheck and burn it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

-I am out of the office on (date) due to the freak'n furlough of federal employees. I will have no access to emails, voice messages or wages for this day. I will return to the office on (date) with a hangover and crappy attitude.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
--

- I'm currently out of the office on furlough. I will be sitting at home sipping on Jose Cuervo because it's at least 20% cheaper than the good tequila.

--

- I'm currently out of the office on furlough. I have incredibly easy access to a phone and email but I assure you I cannot and will not use it for work purposes.

----

- I'm currently on furlough and prohibited by law from checking my email so you will not get a response to this message. As opposed to when I am not on furlough and am just ignoring you.

----

- I'm currently on furlough and now care 20% less that I am not available to Respond.

------

- I am sorry, I am currently out of the office on furlough which has reduced all DoD resources by 20%. For further information, plea....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- I'm on furlough which means I am not getting paid. Bite me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- I am currently out of the office on furlough. You cannot contact me; that is illegal.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- I'm currently out of the office on furlough. 20% of all incoming messages will automatically be deleted.

- I'm currently out of the office on furlough. Enjoy your reduction in government provided services.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- I'm currently out of the office on furlough. If you need to contact me I'll be on the corner of K and 10th with the rest of the aerospace directorate with my coffee cup panhandling.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- I'm currently out of the office on furlough. Since I'm not being paid, please contact someone who is.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- I'm currently out of the office on furlough (defined in the government thesaurus as being on vacation or the government dictionary as having been laid off). If you need assistance contact a government contractor or military person who is still working and being paid for it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Hello, I'm currently out of the office on furlough. I would ask you to contact my boss or his/her boss for assistance but they are out on furloughtoo.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- I'm currently out of the office on furlough. It is forced time off withoutpay. Please contact Congress for assistance. They are actually not working but still getting paid for it.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Gov employees bitch and whine if they lose a days work. But if a construction worker cant work sue to the rain or other weather. Thats no problem at all. I dont get it.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Very Sad

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Not very creative, but what do you expect, they are Government employees.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Well, the difference is very clear. There is nothing that can be done about the weather; on the other hand, the curren furlough is simply due to the ineptitude of government. So, one situation is impossible to avoid (weather) but the other was completely possible to avoid. What country in the world continues to operate without a budge - ours and it's a disgrace.

IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
But the underlying point is that we are supposed to feel sorry for them because they are losing a days wAges because of furlough. Yet for someone whose paycheck depends on the weather its " schit happens". If they are that worried about a days wages let them use a days vacation time or personal day. I feel absoluteky no sorrow what so ever for them

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Strangely enough, the work of the office will get done without them, there will be no slowdown of production .

OOOPS, these are GOVERMENT offices, silly ol' me talking about work and production. Please excuse. wink

[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Gov employees bitch and whine if they lose a days work. But if a construction worker cant work sue to the rain or other weather. Thats no problem at all. I dont get it.

So in your mind, it's ok if a gov employee loses pay but not so much if a construction worker does? You do realize that gov employees are people too and have bills and obligations just like every other working American. Not all gov employees are created equal.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Of course, the construction worker makes up the time because the scope still must be completed in the schedule allowed.

Not so on the furlough.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hmmmmmmmmm in the PRIVATE SECTOR, say you have a five man crew, you lose one worker (20%) the remaining (80%) has to, and WILL get the job done!

IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R

Well the gov and many other employer/employee contracts mention a 40 hour work week basically guaranteed.

I've NEVER seen on like that for any construction stuff I"ve ever done.

I went away from iffy stuff that paid well, to a bit less pay but more guarantees..

You takes your chances as they say.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by DesertSandman
Hmmmmmmmmm in the PRIVATE SECTOR, say you have a five man crew, you lose one worker (20%) the remaining (80%) has to, and WILL get the job done!

Perzactly

FJB & FJT
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
It worked that way with the GS employees I worked with too. If they weren't there, we got it done.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by David_Walter

Of course, the construction worker makes up the time because the scope still must be completed in the schedule allowed.

Not so on the furlough.

But it doesnt make up for that loss of work day for that pay period in which i am sure they depend on as much as the gov. Worker

What about furloughs in factories. Where is the out cry for them

My point is. They whine and cry instead of bucking up and doing what needs to be done whether that is finding some day labor or cutting down on their spending. I work for a local gov. I also work 2 other jobs to do what bees to be done. Why is that option so hard for these people?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
- I'm currently out of the office on furlough...the teat I gobble on everyday dried up ....and now I have to make it on my own.....

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I'm furloughed tomorrow and Wednesday. I'm taking my duaghters to a waterpark and not going to worry about it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by blairvt
I'm furloughed tomorrow and Wednesday. I'm taking my duaghters to a waterpark and not going to worry about it.

I thought the furlough only allowed for 1 furlough day per week?

3 days weekends for me until summer's over..........yeeehaw!! Now i'll have plenty of leave to use for huntng season as well, might even have some use or lose.

Steelhead

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
they gave us the option of doing it however we want, as long as its 2 days a pay period and the office is manned.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Not very creative, but what do you expect, they are Government employees.

Most likely it took them the full four days they were supposed to be working to come up with there day off wit!

Ted
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by blairvt
they gave us the option of doing it however we want, as long as its 2 days a pay period and the office is manned.

Are you still limited to 16 hours per pay period?

Steelhead

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

84 members (arky65, afisher, Aviator, 35, AnthonyB, 01Foreman400, 8 invisible), 1,467 guests, and 757 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,594
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.