Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jpb
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
Looks like a fairly honorable goring to me, and the chicks will dig the scars. There's been two or three cases of guys getting it straight up the butt sick

I never thought of that point!

The guy below isn't going to pick up many chicks by showing them the scar that resulted from the goring below.

[Linked Image]

On the other hand, if he is gay, it might be just the right ice breaker: "Wanna see my bullfighting scar?"

John

The caption under that pic got a laugh out of me.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by jpb
Ah, sorry!

Here is the other photo I tried to link in my first post (but obviously failed).

This shows why I root for the bull at least...

[Linked Image]

John

Rough day at the office...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jpb
Looks like a fairly honorable goring to me, and the chicks will dig the scars. There's been two or three cases of guys getting it straight up the butt sick

The guy below isn't going to pick up many chicks by showing them the scar that resulted from the goring below.

[Linked Image]

On the other hand, if he is gay, it might be just the right ice breaker: "Wanna see my bullfighting scar?"

John

Question for you old guys --- is that how it feels to get a prostate check up .... laugh

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jpb

[Linked Image]

John

Ahh! that's the one! I think photobucket deleted my copy... smirk

I seem to recall the story when that happened - that doctors described the injuries as "horrendous"

grin

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes!

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

P
PWN Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
[Linked Image]
[img]http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a3d937b3127ccef3f54b666b1200000030O02EZN2TVoyZA9vPhQ/cC/f%3D0/ls%3D00200245207220130716174641209.JPG/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D720/ry%3D480[/img]

I managed to dodge them on my run. What a thrill. Definitely a bucket list item and an event everyone should witness or participate in once in their lives. I am the guy in the tan OU cap looking for an opening.

Perry

Last edited by PWN; 07/16/13.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A testament to the power cell phones have in our lives. Dang bull has a horn buried in the guy's spleen and he continues to hold on to his cell phone.

Gloria In Excelsis Deo!

Originally Posted by Calvin
As far as gear goes.. The poorer (or cheaper) you are, the tougher you need to be.

gpopecustomknives.com

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Be my guest PWN, I'll pass. Different strokes for different folks.

The critters have to win every time, I only have to win once. www.swanspointoutfitters.com
www.lazybar-t.com outfitters
65-43-22-5
U
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
U
Originally Posted by jpb
I thought that they blunted the bulls' horns in that particular contest, but it seems not.

A the photo below shows, at least the bozo on question seems to be getting a nice close up on his camera phone! wink

[Linked Image]

John

I have known this guy's family for over 25 years. He was a HS valedictorian, football player, from a strong Christian family. Quite a quiet and respectful man; probably the last person I would think likely to get this particular 15 minutes of fame. We have offered airline miles to the family so that one of the parents can go bring him home.

I will have to ask Patrick how he kept his phone. I watched the video of the incident and the bull merely flicked his head at Patrick as he ran by--almost so fast you don't see it happen. I don't think he even had time to think about dropping it.

IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
None of you wimps ever wanted to go to the festival of San Fermin? Hemingway would not think you very Manly.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My Dad was stationed at Zaragoza and had a Hemingway phase, but as a Nebraska farm kid, never was crazy or stupid enough.
I "manage" some Corriente roping stock these days, they are good cows but I ALWAYS pay attention. Hookem Horns is for Texas football, not for me.
There is one yearling bull in the herd right now, he is going to be a fine bull. You should see his horns already and what he does to pillowcases and old T-shirts.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I did some day player work on a project that involved a number of fighting bulls.. they kept them in a tarped off pen when not working. Just the sight of a person pissed them the [bleep] off.

Scary critters, but I still root for them. Especially when they're [bleep] up drunk australians .

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I always love the shots of the azzhats, especially the picadors, getting a good horn job/ Bully for the bulls...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner
My Dad was stationed at Zaragoza and had a Hemingway phase, but as a Nebraska farm kid, never was crazy or stupid enough.
I "manage" some Corriente roping stock these days, they are good cows but I ALWAYS pay attention. Hookem Horns is for Texas football, not for me.
There is one yearling bull in the herd right now, he is going to be a fine bull. You should see his horns already and what he does to pillowcases and old T-shirts.

It's too bad there wasn't a camera rolling, when the landowner drove me around. We come around a corner, and I see the Corrientes, and say, "ahhhh...what...kind...of...cattle...are...those?"

grin

P
PWN Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
�It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.� Teddy Roosevelt

I ran this year, my 50th on the planet. This quote pretty well sums up my feelings on running with the bulls.

Perry

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by PWN
�It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.� Teddy Roosevelt

I ran this year, my 50th on the planet. This quote pretty well sums up my feelings on running with the bulls.

Perry

Oh, I understand, even though I've no desire to run with bulls.

I do hope to visit this young lady again this year. She'll be 2 years older, than when this pic was taken:

[Linked Image]

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
PWN,

That sums it up nicely. No real point in having balls after all unless you are going to use them...for something.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
The Roosevelt quote can explain the runnings I guess, but I was always partial to the John Wayne quote:

"Life is tough, but it's much tougher when you're stupid."

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by BeanMan
PWN,

That sums it up nicely. No real point in having balls after all unless you are going to use them...for something.

Keep in mind that in The Sun Also Rises, Hemingway's novel that includes bullfights, the main character's dick doesn't work.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

418 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 160user, 163bc, 38 invisible), 2,062 guests, and 1,154 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,245
Posts18,486,121
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.