Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
http://www.uscomposites.com/

This vendor has all the glass materials I needed. Great price too. Epoxy was my prefered resin.

GOA

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Brittle, cracked old layout boat with a *flat* top? No thanks!

Hope you enjoy it, but I'd not even think about hunting out of it. But then we use them in the ocean.

Hope it works out for you.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Did someone ask if you wanted to buy this boat?

All American

All the time
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by Stan V

I was giving my opinion as a guy who has spent a lot of time in a layout boat, you [bleep] dunce.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by kamo_gari

I was giving my opinion as a guy who has spent a lot of time in a layout boat, you [bleep] dunce.

LMAO! What a contribution to the thread!!

If you knew anything about fiberglass repair you would have suggested a repair method, instead you gave an opinion of your experience on the East Coast in his boat, which isn't on the East Coast. WGAF what you think?

All American

All the time
IC B2

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
How much time have YOU spent hunting out of a layout, shythead?

Did you ever stop to consider there's a REASON why almost all one ever sees are built with a *convex* top? WGAF what I think? I can name a couple dozen. Can you say that, master of the input on golf threads? You've yet to post a solitary interesting thread on *anything*. Do you ever do anything other than whine? Wait, you're a little bitch, and that's what bitches do. Never mind.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
How much time have YOU spent hunting out of a layout, shythead?

Did you ever stop to consider there's a REASON why all I've ever seen are built with a convex top? WGAF what I think? I can name a couple dozen. Can you, other than in a golf thread? Have you EVER posted anything interesting? Do you ever do anything other than whine? Wait, you're a little bitch, and that's what bitches do. Never mind.

I don't care how much time you've spent in any boat, nor does the OP. This isn't the question.

Hey! You're starting to sound a little like Big Stick with all that you know...except, I doubt you know.

LMAO!

All American

All the time
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

If you knew anything about fiberglass repair you would have suggested a repair method, instead you gave an opinion of your experience on the East Coast in his boat, which isn't on the East Coast. WGAF what you think?

I would if I was looking at using a lay-out boat...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K

I don't care how much time you've spent in any boat, nor does the OP. This isn't the question.

Hey! You're starting to sound a little like Big Stick with all that you know...except, I doubt you know.

LMAO!

Nice dodge. You know who *will* care? The owner of the boat, the moment he takes a wave over the top, and rather than running off as it does with a properly designed rig, it winds up flooding the cockpit and scuttling that thing. You still LYAO? Yeah, I thought so.

Thanks for sharing your ignorance, shyt for brains.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

LMAO!

Nice dodge. You know who *will* care? The owner of the boat, the moment he takes a wave over the top, and rather than running off as it does with a properly designed rig, it winds up flooding the cockpit and scuttling that thing. You still LYAO? Yeah, I thought so.

Thanks for sharing your ignorance, shyt for brains.

Is NE Washington state on the ocean?

All American

All the time
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

I would if I was looking at using a lay-out boat...

Really?

I assume the purchaser has duck hunted before, and knows the area he hunts. Nothing wrong with this boat if used in the right setting. We all don't duck hunt in the high seas.

All American

All the time
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K

Do lakes and rivers not have water that, when pushed by current or wind, turn into those weird bumpy watery things we out here know as 'waves'?

Deep digging, dunce.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Do lakes and rivers not have water that, when pushed by current or wind, turn into those weird bumpy watery things we out here know as 'waves'?

Deep digging, dunce.

Hey! Why are you assuming the purchaser doesn't know his area? And that area may be a lot like we've hunted here? Marshy, shallow. You are a pompous azz. The man's question was how to repair his fiberglass boat.

All American

All the time
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
I have duck hunted WA state, Oregon's Snake river and several places in Idaho. Have you? And guess what: they do have currents in their rivers, some strong, and their lakes can get bumpy too. Did YOU ever think that a man might hunt more than one body of water with a layout? Wait, you never go anywhere or do anything. I can see where you'd make that ass-umption. You can go [bleep] off now, Stan.

Sorry for the hijack on your thread, OP. I'm passionate about my waterfowling, and over the years have become keenly sensitive to safety on duck hunting boats.

As you may know, in true layouts, there is no propulsion, and many are anchored fore and aft. As such, you take on a lot of water, you've got problems, potentially big ones. In shallow, protected areas, you certainly could get away with a layout with a flat top. But then, in shallow, protected areas, you wouldn't really need a layout to begin with....

Check the tops of these layouts. One thing they have in common is that they are all convex. Good luck with your project.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I wondered when we'd see your photos.

Two things I know:

1) You don't want to buy this boat

2) You don't know fiberglass repair

Give the OP a call and let him know his boat won't work for him, cause you've been around.

Your assuming is laughable.

Shout out to OP!! Whatever you do, don't mention what shotgun gauge or shells you use!!!!!

Last edited by Stan V; 07/29/13.

All American

All the time
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Not a single pic I posted was mine. I simply pulled them off the web using 'layout boat' as a search. Do you work at being an idiot full time?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I just did what you do....assumed.

All American

All the time
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K

I assume the purchaser has duck hunted before, and knows the area he hunts. Nothing wrong with this boat if used in the right setting. We all don't duck hunt in the high seas.

You don't have to hunt the high seas to understand that the very raison d'etre of the layout is for hunting big, open water where there is no cover, right? Oops. I guess not. The last place you want an impromptu layout--with a FLAT TOP-- is on big water. You really are a schmuck, you know that?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hey, dumbazz! You don't know where or how he hunts. It's HIS boat. All he wants to know is how to make a few simple repairs.

Start your own self fulfilling thread about duck boats and impress someone else.

All American

All the time
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Hey, dumbazz! You don't know where or how he hunts. It's HIS boat. All he wants to know is how to make a few simple repairs.

Start your own self fulfilling thread about duck boats and impress someone else.

Congrats, you managed to make one statement that's true. It is his boat, one he asked for help on. As I have a little experience with the kind of boat he mentioned wanting to use his for, thought it pertinent to advise him of some considerations beyond, and maybe a little deeper in scope than simply patching it up and tossing it in the drink. Namely, that a layout boat has its own set of considerations, and as the hull design on a layout is unlike other boats, pointed it out to him.

Since priority one when duck hunting out of one is not to DROWN, thought it might be of some interest to him to consider what he's talking about doing. You seem incapable of grasping that little issue, and have not only chosen to ignore that little detail, and more, have hammered home time and again to all here that you're nothing but a fool. A bitter one who despite being on an hunting/shooting/outdoor themed forum, doesn't seem to actually participate in any of those things to boot. Better you just stick to golf. You want to keep going with this, be my guest. I'm beginning to enjoy slapping your stupid ass around.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

211 members (300_savage, 16penny, 280shooter, 29aholic, 204guy, 2ndwind, 31 invisible), 2,311 guests, and 1,163 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,367
Posts18,488,253
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.