Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Mine is a three parter. Part one: I was 18 at the time and I put out a cigarette in the palm of my hand on a dare. Well, I of course I got a big blister and it eventually turned into a big wart-like growth.

Here is where part two comes in: I put Compound W on it and it ate out everything except for a core that went pretty deep into my palm. I wanted it out of there so I got a good grip on it, took a deep breath and yanked it out. It hurt like the dickens, blood started welling out and it took about an hour of direct pressure to stop the bleeding.

Part three the next day: I really didn't want the growth to come back so I reckoned that some more Compound W was in order. Trust me when I say that you don't want to put Compound W into an open wound. Imagine holding your hand up to a flame up close for about 8 or 10 hours. The pain was incredible and nothing I did made it any better. On the bright side, the growth never came back.

The critters have to win every time, I only have to win once. www.swanspointoutfitters.com
www.lazybar-t.com outfitters
65-43-22-5

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Good news,I have not done anything Dumb today......

YET! smile

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Oh here we go, I just thought a good one!

Last august in SD I was drinkin' with some buddies at a local bar, this is of course how any good story starts.

Well seated on the outdoor deck, cards became the form of entertainment. As liquor flowed freely and the game became more lively, I decided I would impress a young lady who was with us. Well the wind whipped up, and a card flew off the deck. In the blur of an eye I jumped off the two story deck after it. Of course wearing flip flops grin

Black-out

The next morning, once I drug my hung-over ass outta bed I fell over as my feet hit the floor. I looked down and saw my now jacked up, purple foot.

ER, doctor, then podiatrist. Then physical therapy for 3 months. 6 months out of the gym, habitual pain, and 2 grand poorer I had neither a good foot nor the lady I intended to impress.

grin

EDIT - Did learn a few lessons though
The quality of your health insurance is important.
Don't ever wear flip flops and drink.
Don't ever, ever, ever mess up your feet.

Last edited by George_in_SD; 07/26/13. Reason: Outcome

The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment. � WARREN G. BENNIS
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AsphaltCowboy
Buddy of mine at Ft. Polk pulled this one.

Bob and Mike were trying to diagnose why Bob's Blazer wouldn't start.
Bob, was sitting on the fender apron pulling plug boots and sticking a Philips screwdriver in them to check for spark while Mike sat in the divers seat turning the ignition key.
After checking the first two or three and finding no spark Bob decided to check one more.

What Bob hadn't considered was his bare leg against the steel fender apron aaannd his thumb being to close to the shaft of the screwdriver. Lo and behold, that Blazer decided to start.

Poor Bob sat there on that fender shakin' like a dog shyten' razor blades yellin' something that sounded like shutitoffshutitoffshutitoff

He still had a bad case of the shakes when all the laughter died down.

gawd o mighty but I could picture that! made me ROR laugh

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I hail from the same part of the country

there's a reason folks poke fun at us I guess grin

physician HEAL thyself

nice job

if I ever decided to put out a cig in my palm, I'm callin you first! eek

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
IC B2

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by gitem_12
I tased myself in the nuts one night
too cheap to buy rubbers? grin

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Pissed on a kid once. Streaked at my ten year high school reunion. Shot a hole in my dads Jeep with a 22. Shot a hole in my Toyota Corolla with a 12 gauge. Got married. And again. Believed the first one. And the second.
But it's all good. Tonight I smoked a Cuban cigar with my daughter. smile

Your daughter smokes cigars?

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by eyeball
Originally Posted by gitem_12
I tased myself in the nuts one night
too cheap to buy rubbers? grin

lmfao laugh

KMS Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Ok. Let's see now.

BB gun fight with my brother. Shot each other up pretty good before dad took our guns away.

Playing cowboys and indians with my brother. My brother was the indian and shot me in the foot with an arrow.

Blew the hell outa the TV while playing with dad's .38spl.

Put a .22lr round through the ceiling over my bed.

Chambered and fired a .308 round in a 25-06 rifle.

Kelly
P
PWN Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
10 years ago when I was 40. Brush pile, 1/4 gallon of old 2 cycle mixed gas, July heat of about 100F, no wind and standing slightly down hill from the pile dressed in shorts and old deck shoes. Did you know fumes will creep down hill in the 5 minutes you spend yacking with your brother and when you set the pile on fire a huge fireball will engulf you? Did you also know that drop and roll will put you out, but that burnt flesh will pick up an amazing about of dirt and grass? I thought I was tough and could always stand a tremendous amount of pain. I proved to myself I am a pu$$y and that daily burn scrubbing will make a grown man cry. Also, pain medication will not lessen the agony associated with burn care. On a positive note and to my complete surprise-most of the hair on my lower body grew back and there is nearly no scarring.

Now everytime I set a brush pile on fire, my wife reminds me not to use gasoline. I am so glad I have her around to prevent me from repeating my mistake. eek

Perry

Last edited by PWN; 07/26/13.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by pahick
Dumb stuff you'll admit to

That'll be the day........... grin

MM

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by George_in_SD
Oh here we go, I just thought a good one!

Last august in SD I was drinkin' with some buddies at a local bar, this is of course how any good story starts.

Well seated on the outdoor deck, cards became the form of entertainment. As liquor flowed freely and the game became more lively, I decided I would impress a young lady who was with us. Well the wind whipped up, and a card flew off the deck. In the blur of an eye I jumped off the two story deck after it. Of course wearing flip flops grin

Black-out

The next morning, once I drug my hung-over ass outta bed I fell over as my feet hit the floor. I looked down and saw my now jacked up, purple foot.

ER, doctor, then podiatrist. Then physical therapy for 3 months. 6 months out of the gym, habitual pain, and 2 grand poorer I had neither a good foot nor the lady I intended to impress.

grin

EDIT - Did learn a few lessons though
The quality of your health insurance is important.
Don't ever wear flip flops and drink.
Don't ever, ever, ever mess up your feet.

You and my dog. shocked

When my lab was 2 we were at a cabin and he was up on the second floor balcony while I was on the ground in front of it. He heard my voice and decided to come be with me. Since the balcony railing was only some logs stuck together he could just jump straight off of it, which he did.

From the ground it was one of those moments suspended in time. He was in midair in a nice swan dive position, I was wondering how badly he would splat, how many places would he break his legs, where would I bury him, all kinds of things in that brief second.

Fortunately, he landed on his front feet and being a tough young dog all he did was bang his chin on the ground, let out a Yip! and walk away.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by eyeball
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Pissed on a kid once. Streaked at my ten year high school reunion. Shot a hole in my dads Jeep with a 22. Shot a hole in my Toyota Corolla with a 12 gauge. Got married. And again. Believed the first one. And the second.
But it's all good. Tonight I smoked a Cuban cigar with my daughter. smile

Your daughter smokes cigars?

Not until just then. We just had to be able to say we smoked a Cuban. She's 19 by the way.

LOL
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by birdwacker
Had jellyfish tentacles all over my crab pot lines and must have Had some on the back of my hand when I itched my nose with it. Felt like a fire in my nostril and I couldn't stop sneezing

Not me buy another guy in navy dive school. Open water compass run in Chesapeake bay and jellyfish were everywhere. We finished a dive and were on back on the boat getting ready for lunch. He reached around and pulled a jellyfish off his back and while it was in the palm of his dive glove decided to stab it with his dive knife. Ended up loosing the two middle fingers of his left hand and getting a free trip to civilian life.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I was about ten years old when I found out a Styrofoam cup doesn't make a very good gasoline container.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by ltppowell
When I was about 5, I saw in National Geographic where some native types tied vines around their legs and jumped of some wooden towers. I thought that looked like a grand idea, so I stole Momma's 1/2" garden hose, snuck off into the woods, climbed a big tree and tied one end around my foot and the other to a limb. I still remember it like it was yesterday. Not so much that it worked perfectly, but the fact that I hung upside down, hanging about 2' off the ground for hours, until Mom came outside and heard my screams.

Damn, Pat. I'm not stupid enough to admit the things I did like that. grin

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
Originally Posted by gunner500
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
Actually believing that I can win an argument with my wife.

Yer a brave man. shocked

Gunner
I don't get within striking distance. grin

There are only two ways to argue with a woman, and neither one works.

The beatings will continue until morale improves
C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C
Re-wiring a lamp for my daughter's college apartment. New socket and cord. Plugged her in, screwed in light bulb and of course it did not light up. Unscrewed light bulb, and....well you can guess the rest.

Girls said I was dancing like Michael Jackson.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Telling a mate that it was OK to shoot the rabbit out the drivers side window with his .22 Hornet (he was passenger side, I was drivers side, so end of barrel was about 12 inches off my nose), and forgetting to put my fingers in my ears...

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by bucktales
Taking a leak after cutting up some Hungarian Wax Peppers.

After making some bacon wrapped poppers I used the bathroom. Within minutes the pager went off and I was off on a service call.

Did you know it takes about 15 minutes from the time you take a piss with jalapeno juiced hands until the pain starts?

Now I am standing in a womans house with my goods on fire and my eyes watering. What to do? Continue the stupidity and rub my eyes.

I must have been a hell of a sight when she rounded the corner to see me grabbing my crotch looking like a teenage drama queen with all the tears rolling out of my burning eyes.

Took some explaining.....

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 1234, 62 invisible), 2,360 guests, and 1,234 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,394
Posts18,488,821
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.