Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
It's awesome. It has not missed a shot so far. Works with suppressors. No setting up screens. Stores shot string data on an SD card. When I get home I import it right into Excel. Also you are getting true muzzle velocities instead of correcting for 10+ feet sky screen placement. There're plenty of videos and reviews out there.

Bob

I met a French guy the other day. I asked him "Do you speak German?" He said "No." I said "You're welcome!"
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bobcape
It's awesome. It has not missed a shot so far. Works with suppressors. No setting up screens. Stores shot string data on an SD card. When I get home I import it right into Excel. Also you are getting true muzzle velocities instead of correcting for 10+ feet sky screen placement. There're plenty of videos and reviews out there.

Bob
Have you noticed any change in POI or accuracy with it connected? If so, how much? Thanks in advance.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by pointer

Bob
Have you noticed any change in POI or accuracy with it connected? If so, how much? Thanks in advance.

That was a question I had. Hanging something on a barrel may change the harmonic profile. Remember those donut looking devices people put on barrels to dampen vibrations? If they had an effect, and I assume they did, what's the effect from attaching this device?

DF

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm with you, I'd never think of fire-forming my brass while hunting.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Actually, I have twenty-three 260s, but only thirteen that are currently available to shoot. The other ten are either NIB or just gathering dust, as they are rifles that I am not longer interested in shooting.

IC B2

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by dave7mm

40 degree shoulders can give issues when resizing.
Heres a version that wont.
http://www.6mmar.com/65_SuperLR.php

dave

Not to sidetrack this discussion, but that article mentions all you need to do is run it through a die and it will form case. How will running it through a die increase shoulder angle? Still have to fireform it wouldn't you?

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Actually, I have twenty-three 260s, but only thirteen that are currently available to shoot. The other ten are either NIB or just gathering dust, as they are rifles that I am not longer interested in shooting.

You must be serious about .260's... shocked

It would be hard to come up short with that many... cool

DF

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by pointer

Bob

Yes it changes POI a small amount. It has been very consistent in the change. It doesn't bother me in the least though as it has not effected group size that I can tell. This may be because I almost always shoot with a suppressor anymore. It is very handy to setup and start shooting without putzing around with screens anymore. I really like it. YMMV

Bob

I met a French guy the other day. I asked him "Do you speak German?" He said "No." I said "You're welcome!"
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Tell us more about your suppressor.

DF

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
There's some discussion here. My .30 caliber suppressor is a titanium Sandstorm by GemTech. It's rated for .300 Win Mag. I think it weighs about 13oz. Could be off a little on that. It is direct thread. The POI offset is extremely repeatable. I shot a 5 shot group once, removing it and replacing it for each shot. A real PIA. No POI shift for any of the shots. I shoot it on .308, a couple of .260AIs, .243, .22-250. All with very good results. All hearing safe for the shooter. A side benefit is it acts as a fantastic muzzle brake. Reduces recoil and blast. As I stated in the other post, there is still the supersonic crack that I'm not concerned about. I try not to shoot without it anymore.

Bob

IC B3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

103 members (7887mm08, 35, 69sportfury, AdventureBound, 6mmCreedmoor, 10 invisible), 1,491 guests, and 901 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,118
Posts18,483,515
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.