-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
C
OP Offline
C
Any suggestions on some good boots that come in narrow widths? They'd be for deer hunting in Arkansas, which can go from 50 and rain to 10 and a foot of snow in the same week. I've been using a pair of 4" gortex hiking boots, but those just don't cut the mustard when it does snow. They do have to come in narrow, regular won't work unless they run abnormally narrow.

GB1

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Cheap, I hunted Arkansas for 30 years. Short sleeve T- shirt one day, all the clothes you can find the next. I usually had three pairs of boots at the camp. 10 to 12 inches tall to slow the air flow. One with no insulatin(sp) one with some, and one with as much insulatin as I could find.

Size wise my problem is the opposite of yours. I wear 10.5 EEEE.
B.A.Mason usually had something I could get my feet into. I do a lot of goggleing the net to find foot wear. Sorry I can't be more specific.

C
OP Offline
C
Yep, that's how it was last year. Sweating the first two days, then a front moved through and it was 18 the next morning with snow. Crazy stuff!

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I have the same problem, but Merril & Vasque make narrow boots. Not high tops. Best thing is to use fleece gators in the snow.
Asolo run narrow.

These are all ankle high boots.

Deep snow, I don't walk for anyway,s o I usually wear felt packs like Sorrels or Schnees.
I don't think there are any off the shelf boots that are made in narrow sizes.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I wear a 9AA and this is the best fit I have found. The last for this boot is pretty narrow.

http://www.danner.com/dannerr-light-iitm-mens-womens-hiking-boots.html

IC B2

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
I wear a 13A and that is REALLY hard to find! I was going to suggest Danner also. I have a pair of Danner Pronghorns that fit me like a glove. Red Wing also makes some boots in narrow widths.

Chris

"Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for" Will Rogers
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I have a long narrow foot (11 C) and the one of the most comfortable, best fitting boot I've found is the Asolo Sasslong GV. I'm still in the process of breaking mine in and they are working out well. For elk hunting in CO, I use Kenetrek Mountain Extremes. Also a good fit but the heel is a bit wider than the Asolo's.

Start young, hunt hard, and enjoy God's bounty.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by clattin
I have a pair of Danner Pronghorns that fit me like a glove. Red Wing also makes some boots in narrow widths.
Chris

My real foot size is 10 1/2 AA like in a custom made cowboy boot. But for shoes, and hunting boots, I usually have to make due with a B width when you can find them.
I also have a pair of danner Pronghorns 1000 gram insulated and I love them for cold weather Canadian deer hunts with chemical hot packs under the toes. Most of the Danner styles have laces that get closer to the toes, this is what we need!

Some Boots are built similar to jogging shoes in that they are designed with contoured inserts. I have a pair of this style in Redwing D width that actually fit well enough they don't slip around. But this is hit or miss, I would never buy them online without trying them on.

This is a life long problem fitting narrow feet. I once watched a documentary about how the Russian army issues big one width boots and the soldiers are issued long wool scarves that they wrap around their feet multiple times until the desired fit is accomplished. I havn't needed to try it yet, but it is an idea.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have sort of a narrow foot and have had good luck with most of the Kayland boots I've tried, especially the Vertigo High boots which aren't made anymore but the Light is.
I've not tried them but the Crispi are supposed to be more narrow??

"Rather hunt Mule deer than anything else"
"Team 7MM-08"
D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
I wear a B in my normal work boot and an A in pull on boots, and I have great luck with the Kenetreks they make narrow hunting boots, I have two pair and I will always keep buying an extra pair when one pair gets worn down a little. In certain things like narrow boots sometimes you find something that fits you just right and they quit making them!!!

IC B3

C
CP Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Try this-go to ebay and type in the search function " Narrow ICB" . CP.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
+1 on the Asolo sasslong. I typically wear a standard "D" width and the wides still have a slightly narrow toe box. Sierra Trading Post did have them for a reasonaible price.

Or just try a good pair of wool socks with your current setup.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Kenetreks come in narrow width. Spendy, but good boots if they work for your feet.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
darn I must have feet like a duck! 12 EE

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
11.5B here. Danner's are the best I've found. Red Wings for work boots are also good.

Those who must raise their voice to get their point across are generally not intelligent enough to do so in any other way.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

617 members (1lessdog, 10Glocks, 007FJ, 222Sako, 21, 12344mag, 61 invisible), 2,454 guests, and 1,213 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,412
Posts18,470,447
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.