Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
W
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
W
This last spring I picked up a CZ 452-2E ZKM...It was used with a nice Bushnell scope one it..But the whole outfit looked new. Anyway, it be came my gopher gun for this season. Fired from the bench it was deadly accurate, and accurate with about any kind of ammo I hand on hand to try. It is the only rifle in my collection, with the exception of a Rem. 513 Target, that will shoot Stingers and Yellowjackets with excellent accuracy. It also drills CCI Mini mags into small groups also, but then all of my .22's favor that bullet..
Anyway, during the summer gopher shoot, I would get misses that I felt should not have occurred. When I checked the rifle on a target, the point of impact had changed. This may have been the reason the guy sold the rifle after only having it a couple weeks. Anyway, I felt the scope might be the cause of the problem. So I put a spare 6x Leupold on the CZ several weeks ago. Bingo, the problem was solved. It has not changed POI for several weeks despite being hauled around in my pickup, with several other rifles and two golden retrievers. It is really the best shooter I have except for the 513 Target. My only complaint is the rounded stock does not make for the best check to stock fit. In the store it felt fine, and some times in the field it is very good, but other times not so hot. I guess I will pick up a lace on pad to elevate the stock. All in all I love this little CZ. I would add a target model to my .22 collection, but don't have time to shoot the ones I have. This morn, with no wind and bright sunshine, it knocked off 77 gophers with only a few misses. My best day in a long timed due to the lack of gophers in most of my hunting area. To me the CZ is a real winner.

Molon Labe
GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Sounds like more than a little fun. Good shooting also.

laissez les bons temps rouler
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Excellent report. I need to get out. Maybe next weekend.

"Damn right it's loaded, it makes a lousy club"
-JW
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Love my 2 CZ rimfires. I have a 452 Ultraluxe and 453 American.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I just bought a new CZ 452 bolt-action repeater in 22 LR.
I was looking for the 'new' Legacy Citadel, M1 Carbine, 22 LR ...
But when I saw that CZ rifle for the same money ... I just had to have it.

The CZ website indicates that the C 452's have been discontinued and replaced by CZ 455's.

IC B2

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I had heard the 452's were discontinued also, so when I came across a new one w/threaded for suppressor varmint barrel in 17hmr I figured I better not pass it up. 5 shot groups at 100 yds are .750, not bad for a rimfire.
I had the hots for a sako quad but couldn't find one in the flesh to take a look at one. When I did find one, after I got the CZ, I was glad I got the CZ, not impressed with the feel or looks of the quad even though I'm sure it would shoot.

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"
W
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
W
I put a good Leupold 2-7 on my CZ .22 mag.. All the point of impact changes have vanished.. It too is a tack driver. It shot well before, but the poi was always changing.. Now the gophers and p. dogs suffer.. On a short hunt this am, 13 p.dogs bit the dust.. No wind made the little rifle a joy to shoot..

Molon Labe
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Did you use the rimfire 2-7 or a standard 2-7? I imagine the longer distance shots for PD's would negate the need for 50 yard parallex.

R
RJM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I have one of the 452 Ultra LUX with 28" barrel and Euro stock and have the same cheekweld problem. It was recently solved with a lace-on KKK cheek rest from Cabela's. I got the highest one and it laced right on nice. The leather lace is GARBAGE so get a piece of suitable leather shoe lace before hand.

You will see some reviews on the website complaining about the quality. I emailed with KKK and the said they would send a new lace after mine broke but I told them don't bother as I had one here from a old set of boots that worked fine. Also the quality is back as the ones people complained about were from china and the new ones are American made again.

These are GREAT shooting guns.

Bob

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....
C
C
I have a CZ 452 Lux 22 lr. Trigger was dragging along like a stoneboat. Got my smith to clean it up to a nice 2 lb pull. Put a Loopy rimfire on it. What a sweet shooting rifle.
Was considering the 455 but the barrel switching thing made me wonder about accuracy.
The cheek weld issue I took care of by going to a craft store and getting some felt and keeping it in place with horse leg wrap. This gave me the option of height control.
No gophers where I live but lots of starlings. smile

IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Howdy WCH,

What ammo? I just put a Leu. 3-9 on my 455 .22 mag. and have only been able to buy CCI 30 gr. Looking forward to getting it zeroed, as soon as the temps. drop a few degrees, it is an oven right now. Has not dropped below 90 deg. F. at night for 6 nights.

forepaw

"Only accurate rifles (that are light enough to be carried by a middle-aged man in rough country) are interesting"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
waaaaaaa.......

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Yessir. Too hot to shoot. Takes too long for the barrel to cool.

forepaw

"Only accurate rifles (that are light enough to be carried by a middle-aged man in rough country) are interesting"
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
WYO,

Congrats on picking up a great shooter. They are fun guns and built with old world craftsmanship.

I had mine threaded for a suppressor and wears a 4-16 Weaver V16. It is a pretty decent little rifle. That being said, I am strongly considering having the barrel trimmed back yo 16"s to make it a bit more handy.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

W
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
W
Hey, sorry I did not check the questions sooner, but we are on a fishing trip to Montana, and I didn't have internet for about 10 days.. Now, I am back in touch with the world at least for a bit.. Thanks for all the info.. and feedback..
As for the Scope on the .22mag. it is the model designed for rimfires..Works like a charm.. Haven't shot it since leaving on this trip, but have it incase the gophers try to storm the camper...
I will check out the Cabela's site for the lace on cheek piece ..That is just what I needed but couldn't find it on the site.. Thanks again.
As for the ammo for the .22 mag. I have been shooting CCI 40 gr. hollow points.. So far it has been very accurate.. I bought up a bunch of ammo shortly after I bought the rifle.. Then just before this last mess I bought another batch.. I would have to look at my notes, but I tried Rem., Federal, several wts. of CCI ammo, and Hornady.. As I remember only the Hornady was the least accurate in my rifle.. But my pal's two .22mags love it.. But they are Marlins, I believe with the tube feed.. Otherwise, this rifle seems to like what ever I put in the chamber..
Mackay, how much do the suppressor's cost to purchase and have installed..?? It would make a perfect feral cat killer..

Molon Labe
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
22 suppressor vary in price, but a good quality one should not be over 450 or so. Then you need $200 tax stamp from the feds. That is just a one time purchase.

You register the suppressor, then thread as many .22 rifles and pistols as you wish.

Some of the best gun money I have ever spent.

Loads of quiet fun and a great aid in training gun shy or timid shooters.

I can recommend Gemtech wholeheartedly. I have a couple of their cans and they are top notch.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Threading depends on the firearm, but as an example, the guy who does my work locally charged me 30 bucks last time on Marlin rifle.

W
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
W
Mackay, thanks.. I didn't know about the federal stamp...

Molon Labe
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If a 6 year old walnut stocked CZ 452 American in like new condition would show up, what might it be worth?

Have an A1 Day!
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Originally Posted by Cheesehunter
If a 6 year old walnut stocked CZ 452 American in like new condition would show up, what might it be worth?

$350-400. or more, depending on how bad you want it.

I've followed all of the 452 vs 455 "debate". my sampling of CZ's consists of only 2 455's, one a heavy barrel, the other an american sporter. both will shoot 5 shots into 3/4" to 1" with CCI SV, and the groups tighten with wolf MT. I don't buy a CZ to sit at the bench all day and try to wring out .25" groups, so for me the 455's are doing exactly what I expect them to.

my ONLY complaint about CZ's in general is that you have to get a YoDave kit to make the trigger decent. my american came with a 5.25 lb pull ... pretty heavy. the heavy barrel cane with a 4.25 lb pull, which is actually somewhat useable as-is.

Uber Demanding Rifle Aficionado
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

524 members (1Longbow, 10ring1, 1234, 257wthbylover, 1minute, 68 invisible), 2,268 guests, and 1,169 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,125
Posts18,502,458
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.