Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Local Sheriffs Dept. runs Windhams, armorer factory trained and reports no issues. They leave lots of nice brass at the range, too.

There is no retreat but in submission and slavery!
GB1

V
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
V
Looks like occupants here might have ADD! Lol

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
If you shoot a rifle like a Bushmaster or Windham hard, in enough numbers to generate meaningful data points, you'll find that they fail much sooner than finer rifles, like Colt, Noveske, etc. I've seen this time and again when sharing the range with others at shooting classes.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I hunt with my AR's so I have 1-7 twisted guns and shoot 75 grain Swift bonded bullets. I have not shot as much this year as last as it been raining all the time but in general XM193 will shoot in 1-9 or faster and all about the same accuracy, handloads in 40 grain-75 grain in all my guns can shoot MOA or better even with chromed lined barrels, I had a bush would not do that again, all of the hobby guns are 1-9 I think.

I admit prejudice and won't buy a bush, RRA, Olympic, CORE, S&W, PSA, Whindham, nor even an over priced Noveske with a cheap FN barrel. I have no need for a larger caliber AR in Georgia, and heavy 22 bullets are deadly, then the next day I can buy 1000 practice rounds for $500 and dozens of magazines that fit it.

You can talk yourself into anything, let your wallet be your guide, for the money and Resale value your better off spending $1100 on a Colt than a Windham.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by jimmyp
I hunt with my AR's so I have 1-7 twisted guns and shoot 75 grain Swift bonded bullets. I have not shot as much this year as last as it been raining all the time but in general XM193 will shoot in 1-9 or faster and all about the same accuracy, handloads in 40 grain-75 grain in all my guns can shoot MOA or better even with chromed lined barrels, I had a bush would not do that again, all of the hobby guns are 1-9 I think.

I admit prejudice and won't buy a bush, RRA, Olympic, CORE, S&W, PSA, Whindham, nor even an over priced Noveske with a cheap FN barrel. I have no need for a larger caliber AR in Georgia, and heavy 22 bullets are deadly, then the next day I can buy 1000 practice rounds for $500 and dozens of magazines that fit it.

You can talk yourself into anything, let your wallet be your guide, for the money and Resale value your better off spending $1100 on a Colt than a Windham.

The only colt you're going to get for $1100 is a broken or worn out one. I'll put my $850 LAR-15 up against any Colt. I'd have to do ALOT of shooting to wear out 2-3 RRA guns for the price of one Colt. whistle

Last edited by dmsbandit; 08/27/13.

I don't drink or Smoke. I spend my money on gunpowder and gasoline.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Colt-LE6920-Carbine-Semi-Auto-Rifle-223-Rem-5.56-NATO/21677322

Colt 6920, $1097 at Wal-Mart, all day, every day (if they have one in stock). The stores near me have them pretty often now.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Big C
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Colt-LE6920-Carbine-Semi-Auto-Rifle-223-Rem-5.56-NATO/21677322

Colt 6920, $1097 at Wal-Mart, all day, every day (if they have one in stock). The stores near me have them pretty often now.

No colt anything in walmarts here and the only time thet were seen was on dealer shelves before Imperial Andy Cuomo outlawed them. frown

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Cuomo is an asshat, no doubt about it. You folks got screwed over royally by him and his BS law. Sure hope it can be overturned some day. And I agree, I've got a 14 year old $750 Bushmaster that still shoots just fine.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by dmsbandit
Originally Posted by jimmyp

The only colt you're going to get for $1100 is a broken or worn out one. I'll put my $850 LAR-15 up against any Colt. I'd have to do ALOT of shooting to wear out 2-3 RRA guns for the price of one Colt. whistle

There's a lot of wrong in that post.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I now understand your frustration with you living in NY. Here in GA with $1154.34 you can walk out of Walmart with a brand new 6920 any day, every day. I would not turn down a free RRA or bushmaster but I would sell it for $500 if I got a free one, I would not want to cheat anyone by selling one for more than it was worth.

Last edited by jimmyp; 08/27/13.

IC B3

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
When the cheap guns hit $1000 it made it a no brainer to go Colt for an extra hundred.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by TWR
When the cheap guns hit $1000 it made it a no brainer to go Colt for an extra hundred.

Personally, considering the labor and taxes involved in making a colt rifle, I'd be really leary of buying a cheap $1000 colt. They had to do some serious cost cutting somewhere to pay all those overpaid employess and still make the gun for that cost.

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by TWR

Personally, considering the labor and taxes involved in making a colt rifle, I'd be really leary of buying a cheap $1000 colt. They had to do some serious cost cutting somewhere to pay all those overpaid employess and still make the gun for that cost.
Maybe all these years Colt was just overcharging for their guns and you were paying a premium for the name?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TWR

You realize that they're all the same rifle right? If you pay $1100 at Wal-Mart or $1600 at a gunshop, they're not any different except for the price.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Actually that might not be the total truth with Walmart and pricing.

i know they cheapen a few small tihngs like plastic safetys and such on some guns, just so wally can sell it a bit cheaper.

No clue at all if anything done with the colt though. may or may not be

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
You guys know that LE pricing has always been around $900 for a Colt? And the MIL pricing was under $800?

Dealer cost is basicly the same but not all dealers are Colt dealers. Colt has never been overpriced to dealers but the low numbers out there drove the price up in years past. If it was made by Colt Defense, it's the same mil spec gun sold to LE.

Don't blame your dealers high prices on Colt.

Now there is a company in Texas who is making a licensed Colt gun cheap but the 6920 is the same if from Walmart or straight from Colt.

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I did forget about Colt Manufacturing, they are the ones who produced the Match Target guns during the ban. They ran about $900 over the counter and of course had all the politicly correct features. They did scrimp on those, I remember a plastic buffer and no chrome lining. Oh and a plastic butt plate on the A2 stocks.

But I saw more of those guns that would shoot 1/2 MOA than I would've ever expected. And they were not target guns by any means, they just had good non chrome lined barrels.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The Colt licensed ARs made in Texas are clearly marked Colt Competition Rifles and Bold Ideas.

FWIW.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H

They did in their 6920. They used a non-certified barrel steel which isn't the same composition as called for in an actual M4 and then skipped the HPT and MPI. Then combine that barrel with a non-standardized gas port. They use a cheaper to manufacture receiver extension of unspecified material composition on it. They skip properly staking the gas key and the receiver extension nut where they instead use loctite. They install a regular carbine buffer to go with a generous gas port. They use a bolt of unspecified material composition and then skip the HPT and MPI on it. It can be hit and miss on which extractor spring and buffer are installed too.

Oh wait..... whistle laugh

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I think its time to buy another Colt 6720.

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

595 members (1beaver_shooter, 01Foreman400, 1minute, 219 Wasp, 160user, 1badf350, 60 invisible), 2,537 guests, and 1,237 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,341
Posts18,487,734
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.