Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
AN350 = wing nut?

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jimone
A lot of AN350's on here. For non mil-spec activities, non -mil-spec hardware may be appropriate.

Killin flies might be considered a non Mil-Spec activity, it sure calls for better than Mil-Spec hardware. grin

[Linked Image]

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
That'll do. Who makes that rail you have there John?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Noveske?

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
AN350 = wing nut?

grin

There is no retreat but in submission and slavery!
IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Nice shooting John, What barrel do you have on that rifle, what trigger?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
That'll do. Who makes that rail you have there John?

The float tube is the new Geissele MKI.

I bet you are asking about our new riser. It is almost ready for release. I wanted a better way to bridge across the upper and the fore end and it turned out perfect for how I like to mount optics. Really stabilizes the fore end only weighs an once more than the old PRI riser.

Better pic.
[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by jimmyp
Nice shooting John, What barrel do you have on that rifle, what trigger?

The barrel is a 16 inch Wyoming Arms (that's me) and the trigger is the Geissele Match with the DMR second stage spring or the DMR with the Match first stage spring. 2 1/2 pounds on the first and 1 pound on the 2nd.

[Linked Image]

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
nice! Wyoming Arms google pulls up something about the bren 10? On your rifle it looks to be a nitrited, fluted barrel?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Did the OP ever get the answer he was looking for?

"Did I mention, I REALLY LIKE GUNS?"
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
yes he discovered that Windham like RRA and Bushmaster is a super recreational AR15 that could be fired 500 rounds a year for the rest of his life. They are like the Rossi or Taurus of AR's.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
yes he discovered that Windham like RRA and Bushmaster is a super recreational AR15 that could be fired 500 rounds a year for the rest of his life. They are like the Rossi or Taurus of AR's.

do he didn't the get colt is better than everyone else's AR I suppose.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

BS ... that's what you tried to convey to me .... Most my rifles typically see 1-2k per year. (I plane on shooting this in NRA Sporting rifle competitions).

I had a cheap-a$$ DPMS M-4-ish rifle that I put nearly 2k rounds through during the year and a half I owned it ... shot 5 rounds of its preferred ammo into an inch on its first day and its last day of ownership. It may have had one malfunction in that time ... I'm not sure. I do know it wasn't problematic and did what I asked of it.

George
Associate Gypsy
Order of Sleepless Knights

Originally Posted by GOD
... That is when I carried you ...
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Rossi and Taurus are not in any way made in US of A are they?

There is no retreat but in submission and slavery!
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I am sorry if I offended your people or in this case DPMS or whatever they are. I am sure they are a fine recreational rifle. On the Internet round count is an exponential extrapolation from reality. How many folks come to Larry Vickers carbine classes toting the ballyhooed DPMS you reckon?

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
How many folks come to Larry Vickers carbine classes toting the ballyhooed DPMS you reckon?

I know a guy who shows up at 3-gun matches with a parts gun of mostly DPMS parts (Montana Barrel) and proceeds to stomp everyone else's azz with it. He says parts is parts. He also says if you have a gas system dialed in, cracked bolts are a non-issue, just check for headspace when you change the barrel. Me, I would get a new bolt, change all the carrier parts, and install a new gas tube with a new barrel.

I fully believe that unless the rifle is gassed wrong ( and the correct buffer can fix this, maybe), and that is a distinct possibility with some makers, if you install top-shelf recoil springs/extractor springs and make sure the chamber is kosher, a DPMS/Bushie will most likely run with a Colt.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
R
I am sorry if I offended your people or in this case DPMS or whatever they are. I am sure they are a fine recreational rifle. On the Internet round count is an exponential extrapolation from reality. How many folks come to Larry Vickers carbine classes toting the ballyhooed DPMS you reckon?

While not my top choice, I've some DPMS parts on uppers, and thought years ago they were a bit on the flimsy side, they beefed up after some bad issues.

Beyond that I wouldn't hesitate to build a gun out of their parts and assume it would be as good as any other gun out there. And a bit of firing would tell me if it was or if some parts needed to be better or not. Just like parting up any other upper unless done with specifiically known good parts etc... IE WOP parts instead of run of the mill.

but all in all, if I could test run a DPMS, or about any other one for a couple hundred roudns, like any other gun, i'd take it to anyones class.

But thats just me.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
How many folks come to Larry Vickers carbine classes toting the ballyhooed DPMS you reckon?

I know a guy who shows up at 3-gun matches with a parts gun of mostly DPMS parts (Montana Barrel) and proceeds to stomp everyone else's azz with it. He says parts is parts. He also says if you have a gas system dialed in, cracked bolts are a non-issue, just check for headspace when you change the barrel. Me, I would get a new bolt, change all the carrier parts, and install a new gas tube with a new barrel.

I fully believe that unless the rifle is gassed wrong ( and the correct buffer can fix this, maybe), and that is a distinct possibility with some makers, if you install top-shelf recoil springs/extractor springs and make sure the chamber is kosher, a DPMS/Bushie will most likely run with a Colt.

Of course it will! But for the extra $100, the Colt will be ready to shoot. That's the problem with the cheaper guns, you don't always get a true 5.56 chamber and they're usually over gassed. If you get a good one, it'll work fine but if you don't...

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by TWR

Of course it will! But for the extra $100, the Colt will be ready to shoot. That's the problem with the cheaper guns, you don't always get a true 5.56 chamber and they're usually over gassed. If you get a good one, it'll work fine but if you don't...

I agree! If I had to grab one and go, it'd be the Colt, for sure. For one thing, those Colt barrels will, IME, outshoot most non-SS match barrels.

What I'm saying is there MIGHT not be that much difference between a Walmart Colt and what most think are "hobby" guns, but then again, you might have an issue or two to sort out. One thing about DPMS guns I've noticed, is if it isn't a SASS, it'll have [bleep] for a barrel.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Saying they're just as good after you sort out the problems and change a few parts is the same as saying they're not as good. It's just a nicer way of saying it.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

that statement is just asinine.

I remember an article written in shooting times, or guns and ammo, or some other gun magazine maybe a year ago where the author shot 6 piston guns and six gas guns over the course of a few thousand rounds while subjecting them to conditions none of us would put our guns thru. The only two guns to make it thru the test without issue was a RRA and a Larue.

Last edited by dmsbandit; 09/03/13.

I don't drink or Smoke. I spend my money on gunpowder and gasoline.
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

591 members (1lessdog, 160user, 17CalFan, 222Sako, 219 Wasp, 219DW, 61 invisible), 2,273 guests, and 1,289 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,281
Posts18,486,813
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.