Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
conservative with your shooting cuz there's some bad schitt going on!!

Quote:

"I just spoke with the "customer service" people at Bruno's... I asked about some powder, namely H4350, H4831SC, H1000 and VV N540. His reply was to the effect that NO H4350 or H1000 till some time NEXT YEAR. Then he stated that the Vhit plant is to either be sold OR simply shut down. They quit taking orders June 12, 2013 and will fill those orders thru next year. If someone does not buy the plant, it shuts down. He then stated that by doing that, the "pressure" on Hodgdon powders will skyrocket, making a bad situation even worse! He expects H4831SC to be in by next month, however, with the anticipated shipment he will not even be able to fill his existing back orders. We are in trouble folks!"

No BS...just plain fact!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I hear ya. I think this is gonna get ugly as well

Best start looking for available substitutes for your favorite powders. Just got 5000 CCI Br2's. I've had Fed 210's on backorder since December. Just talked to Fiocchi today. At the SHOT show in January, they said all metallic ammo was sold out for the entire year, but shotgun ammo would be no problem. Talked to them today as I said, and even ALL shotgun ammo is sold out and on backorder "with no end in sight". (Their words)

[bleep]!

Last edited by rcamuglia; 07/25/13.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I would be cautious of what an employee from Bruno's says. They known locally in Phx. to be slightly f.o.s. at times.

Eurenco Vihtavouri's parent company has announced they are looking to close or sell the plant in Finland. However it doesn't mean no more Viht powders. Eurenco has four other powder manufacturing plants in Europe.
Also I have heard that Lapua is in talks with Eurenco in regards to the future of that plant.

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
The data posted not only came from Bruno....but several other firms connected to the entire apparatus of the firearms industry!!

EURENCO Press Release about Vihtavuori Oy
In June 2012, EURENCO (France), the mother company of EURENCO Vihtavuori Oy
announced its willingness to divest from its operations in Finland, considering the deteriorated economical situation of the subsidiary and the insufficient prospects of the local defence market.

Since Patria confirmed it is not interested in buying back the Vihtavuori plant, EURENCO is now starting a co-operation negotiation to define a downsizing process that may ultimately result in stopping the production of nitrocellulose and propellant in Vihtavuori.

The detailed planning of the process will be known after negotiations with all relevant unions and with existing customers, since EURENCO has also to enter into discussions with its customers to inform about the situation and to define solutions to mitigate the consequences of this possible downsizing.

During the coming months, EURENCO will also remain open to enter into negotiation with any company interested in acquiring EURENCO Vihtavuori Oy.

Created in January 2004, EURENCO (European Energetics Corporation) is owned by
GROUPE SNPE. EURENCO has annual sales exceeding 200 Million �, more than 1000
employees, 5 modern production plants in Belgium (Clermont), Finland (Vihtavuori), France (Bergerac, Sorgues) and Sweden (Karlskoga), plus one commercial desk in Washington and one distribution company in Houston (USA). EURENCO Vihtavuori Oy has annual sales of 12 MEUR and about 120 employees.

Last edited by RMulhern; 07/26/13.

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I am not disagreeing with you about the Vihtavouri thing. I am just saying it doesn't mean there will be no more Viht powders. Eurenco owns four other powder making plants. Even the June 2012 article you pasted says that. Claremont Belguim, Bergerac and Sorgues France, and Karlskoga Sweden.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Last I was in Whittakers, they had plenty of H1000 and other Hodgdon powders. That was 2 weeks ago though...

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
And they recently got in about 80 pounds of H4350...and we took a little each of that home...

I enjoy handguns and I really like shotguns,...but I love rifles!
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
H4831SC, 7828 and Hunter were available Friday when I stopped in a local store. I'm looking for .22LR. Both cheap plinkers and some subsonic or standard velocity. No luck yet.

Bob

I met a French guy the other day. I asked him "Do you speak German?" He said "No." I said "You're welcome!"
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Damn... not over this way Bob...

Would have loved to see the first 2 in a store anywhere I'd take 5 lbs of each...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker
And they recently got in about 80 pounds of H4350...and we took a little each of that home...

That's amazing. There's not a granule of H-4350 anywhere.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You would think that at some point most handloaders will have the powders they need and stop buying it.

I haven't bought any powder since the day after the POTUS election. Wisely bought what I thought I'd need back then.

Yesterday a friend called and said he just realized his 300 win mag supply of handloaded ammo is down to 11 rounds. I helped him make that load two years ago. He wanted to make some more.

I asked him if he had any powder or bullets leftover. No. I said you are in deep _hit. He had no idea there was a shortage!

He was using RL-22. A brief look at 8 suppliers showed none available. I suggested he start over with a powder I had on hand and some readily available bullets.

Sure hope there is an end to the shortages soon.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by rcamuglia

Even more amazing, they got in a few cases of Varget last week. No 8# jugs, just 1# cans. I bought a case (10lbs) and there was still some on the shelf when I looked yesterday.

They're getting in Hodgdon on a fairly regular basis. I've not seen any new Alliant or Ramshot in months.

They're a big shop and get in several semi loads of stuff a week. He takes whatever they ship. His primer shelf was full yesterday, with cases and cases of back up on the floor.

I enjoy handguns and I really like shotguns,...but I love rifles!
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rcamuglia

Not true bud LMAO available powders as of yesterday, and was the same last week at my LGS.

[Linked Image]

4350 yup, RL22 yup, even bought an 8 lb keg of varget 2 weeks ago.
Now does that make ya feel better????

Swifty

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

556 members (1badf350, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 01Foreman400, 65 invisible), 2,603 guests, and 1,356 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,454
Posts18,471,089
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.